Topic: Looking to hire a scripter!(Yes for money)  (Read 3892 times)

Offline GFLNimitz

• Lt. Junior Grade
Looking to hire a scripter!(Yes for money)
« on: June 12, 2005, 07:11:52 am »
I am one of the creators of thr GFL's LaW mod. I have for a long time now wanted to add specific scripts but lack the knowledge to do so. I would like to hire someone to create these. They would be property of the GFL. The following are are the basic premis' for each script. These are all D3 missions.

1. A planet assault script where the planet attacks any enemy human player that enters the hex and no other action can be taken there till planet is won. I.E. no Ai battles. This is to necessitate taking the planet.

2. A homeworld assault the uses homeworld Planets I already have made(they are way armed!) where you need to beam marines to the planet to destroy the warp core thereby "capturing" the planet and ending the mission giving the planet to the victor.

3. A base assault same as planet. It should take presicdence over the planet.

4. a multiplayer mission for the dynaverse that a fleet of ships could do.

Please respond here or drop me a pm at www.gfluniverse.com

Thanks for oyur considerations,
<S>
Nimitz

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: Looking to hire a scripter!(Yes for money)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 10:10:12 am »
I am one of the creators of thr GFL's LaW mod. I have for a long time now wanted to add specific scripts but lack the knowledge to do so. I would like to hire someone to create these. They would be property of the GFL. The following are are the basic premis' for each script. These are all D3 missions.

1. A planet assault script where the planet attacks any enemy human player that enters the hex and no other action can be taken there till planet is won. I.E. no Ai battles. This is to necessitate taking the planet.

2. A homeworld assault the uses homeworld Planets I already have made(they are way armed!) where you need to beam marines to the planet to destroy the warp core thereby "capturing" the planet and ending the mission giving the planet to the victor.

3. A base assault same as planet. It should take presicdence over the planet.

4. a multiplayer mission for the dynaverse that a fleet of ships could do.

Please respond here or drop me a pm at www.gfluniverse.com

Thanks for oyur considerations,
<S>
Nimitz

Check the scripting EULA. This is dicey ground. As long as you do not charge money for your mod it might be OK. But I'm really not sure that what you propose is "kosher". (such deals have gone bad at the cost of the community before)

Offline GFLNimitz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 08:35:09 am »
Thanks for the heads up. I am not always aware of such neuances. The GFL MOD is 100% free and will remain so. I was just recognize the serious amount of time this would take and thought if there was compensation someone might be willing to undertake this project.

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 09:26:58 am »
Bonk,

The GFL have always - and I mean always - been on the up and up.

I don't see any issue with this if it's completely understood on both sides what's expected, etc. etc.

Good work in doing your job, tho :)

:notworthy:
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline SkyFlyer

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 06:26:06 pm »
bump? How did this work?
Life is short... running makes it seem longer.

"A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer