Topic: AMD Files Antitrust Complaint Against Intel In U.S. Federal District Court  (Read 4782 times)

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
my Athlon 2400+ runs around 53 C, at start-up, which is the only time I can check it.

Is there anywhere I can download something so I can see how it's doing when it's been on a while?
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
Check with your mobo manufacturer.  See if they have any new software/firmware that might all you to do it from your OS.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Yeah, but I don't have to replace it if it does what is needs to do.    i'm litereally going to wating for it to melt to slag before replacing it (unless another hand-me-down Chip and MoBoard become available).

Again,  73° C  is the typical tempt it runs at though last night is was down to about 68° C

When people ask me about upgrading their computer the first thing I ask is "Does it do everything you want?"  If they answer yes I ask "Why are you upgrading then?"

I upgraded that processor (the 1st time) for the "Great Moo Hunt" in the SETI group.  I used it again later in a computer I built from spare parts to loan to a friend.  I replaced it (the 2nd time) after he returned the computer to me and its fan was dieing (with a spare I had from other upgrades on other machines) so it is back again to a 2100XP in that motherboard once more.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Not bad, the only thing I would add to that list is this:

7.  Check the cables and wires to make sure they are tucked away at the sides of the case.  Cables and wires hanging all over in between the intake and exhaust fans can interfere with the air flow of the case.

Agreed. 

Long ago I had a system (286 in a daughter card upgrading a 8086 main CPU) where a cable laid across the processor kept the system from booting.  I believe it was the magnetic fields from current flowing through the ribbon cable scrambling current flows in the CPU.  That was one of the few times I worked on a computer powered up with the case open.

I use velcro straps these days to tie cables out of the way.  You don't have to cut them off and worry about nicking the cables with the knife cutting off the plastic electrical ties when making changes. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."