Topic: Completely OT Graphic Request  (Read 1573 times)

Offline DookeyKing

• Lord of all things smelly
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Completely OT Graphic Request
« on: June 29, 2005, 07:53:58 pm »
I was hoping someone here could do me( and about a dozen 8 year olds) a favor.  My soccer team is in serious need of a team logo for our uniforms before we order our uniforms for the fall season.  Our team is the Comets so what I had in mind was a stylized comet ascending to the right with the name Comets in the tail and the comet head maybe being a soccer ball.  I know this isn't even remotely SFC, but I don't know of a more skilled group of graphic designers on the web.  If ANYONE would PLEASE help us out we would be extraoridarily grateful.  Thanks in advance for any responses to this.

Scott

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Completely OT Graphic Request
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 08:46:47 pm »
Nevermind, found my anwser. I'll see if I can come up with anything.
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712

Offline USS Mariner

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 10:09:04 pm »

Hows this for starts? Just use my MSN, AIM, or email or here if you want to talk about it further. I want no payment, it's just nice to help people sometimes. This was made in MicrosoftWord2000, and I can blow it up bigger if you need a larger template or something.
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Offline DookeyKing

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 07:35:58 pm »
WOW!!!!  Mariner that's FANTASTIC!!!!  That's pretty much exactly what I had in mind.  If it's not too much trouble,  do you think you could do that in just gold and black???  Those are our team colors (which I probably should have mentioned).  Also, I need that to be pretty hi res.  You can email me at DookeyKing@gmail.com

Thanks SO MUCH!!  We really appreciate you helping us out.

Thanks again
Scott

Offline USS Mariner

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 09:19:53 pm »
New version sent, along with the Word file it came from if you should need that too.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 11:50:53 am »
This is exactly why I like this Forum. People helping other People.

Grats to you Mariner, for helping him out.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline DookeyKing

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 05:49:41 pm »
Absolutely perfect.  Thank you SO much for this Mariner.  I showed this to a couple of the team parents and now they want Tshirts with the logo.  I'll defintely post with a pick of the final jersey. 

Thanks again
Scott

PS  Stephen is exactly right.  This kind of helpful attitude is what makes this such a great community.