Topic: (OT) Way of topic question about hosting pictures  (Read 2180 times)

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
(OT) Way of topic question about hosting pictures
« on: June 30, 2005, 08:37:10 pm »
I just got back from a family reunion and now everyone wants me to send them the pictures from my camera. That is not the problem as it is a digital camera and I have already copied them to the HDD and fixed some of the errors I made shooting them (retexturing starships finally paid off!). all in all it is about 500 megs of pictures I have, and e-mailing them all will take forever and a day.

So I decided to see if this is possible and how hard will it be to do
1 get a site hosted for the pictures
2 upload them and a thumbnail for each sothey can decide is they want that pic or not

now the hard part how do I go about this and how hard is it to do?
I have no web skills but do not mind having to pay for the site for a few months to make it work.

anyone know how to help me oput here or of a host that might offer these services?
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline kmelew

• "From the Place of the Hops-Growers"
  • Lt. Commander
Re: (OT) Way of topic question about hosting pictures
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 08:45:28 pm »
If you use a Nikon digital camera, you might want to check out NikonNet.  Using the Picture Project software thay came with the camera you can upload the photos to the site, create albums and invite others to view your gallery.

I'm sure there are other similar services out there, unfortunately I can't recall their names right now.  :(
"I'm Kmelew, and I approve this post."

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 08:57:54 pm »
No unfortuantly for me it is a sony one.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 09:20:06 pm »
You might try MyFamily.com...it allows you to have a place for this kind of thing, just invite those you want.
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline GarrethMacLeod

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Alternate B Website
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 09:03:29 am »
dotphoto.com and snapfish.com both allow you to create online photo albums and then share those albums with family and friends. Photos can also be ordered online if they want them.
Alternate B Chief Map Drone and General Whipping Boy
http://www.AlternateB.org

Offline wulf111

• Member of OutaLance Shipyards
  • Lt.
  • OutaLance, Where Dreams Become a Reality
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 09:47:40 am »
i think webshots is another such photo album site

Chuck Norris floats like a butterfly and stings like a tomahawk missile. At mach 3. In the face.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 10:17:11 am »
Thanks guys will look into those as soon as I get home.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 02:52:40 am »
Gafy if you want you have a semi kina folder at Outalance i have more than enough room i will sort something out for you if you wish, its only fair considering you helped MP out a while ago and you let us host a couple of your ships so if your able add me to your msn or email me and we can sort the details

Thanks F_W but I went with smugmug for now to host the pics. At 700+ megs already there and more still coming to me I don't think it is fair for me to use you guys for personal projects. I still have some more ships you might have to host, depending on when I get back to texturing again.

-GAFY?