Topic: Mood Happy  (Read 807 times)

Offline Khalee1

• Lt. Commander
Mood Happy
« on: July 01, 2005, 08:50:53 am »
Just got back from having car looked at and it was just a bad tire. Aperntly the pop I heard was the steal belts breaking, and not the shocks or struts. Just glad It was something simple to fix.

Had them fix the flat tire and put it in the place of the bad one and the shakeing stoped. Now all I got to do is get new tires, I suppose it would be best if I got all 4 at the same time, but could i get away with just buying two at a time.?

Just dont have the money for 4 new tires. But at least I got money left to eat on with this weekend. :)

Offline interloper

• DAZED AND CONFUSED, SNAFU
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • mines are loaded and the motor is redlined
Re: Mood Happy
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 09:18:24 am »
personally if it was me, i would take the best 2 tires and put them on the rear of the car and buy 2 new ones for the front.  that is assuming that the 2 you keep are worth keeping  ;D
Remembering U of I #40, Always in our hearts and minds
"don't think you understand what I told you until I tell you what you understand! Do you understand what I am saying?"
OF ALL THINGS LOST I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.......    ?

"What is the vector victor?"
"Rodger, roger."
"I picked a helluva day to quit drinking"

ITS ALL MIND OVER MATTER, IF YOU DON'T MIND IT DON'T MATTER

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
Re: Mood Happy
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 10:27:21 am »
The Camry comes standard with a full size spare, that has been going on for years and years, I owned a 92 V6 XLE, drove a 2002 LE for a month, and my ex has the 2003 LE, yup, in the trunk under that rug and the cardboard is a full size spare.

Get your tires rotated and balanced on SCHEDULE, it really can give you more mileage than what the tire is rated for. I also get all 5 rotated at the same time, normally people do just 4, but I like knowing when one goes then it's time to do the whole car.

Believe me, in tires there is no ifs, ands, or buts, you REALLY DO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I bought Vicky the best for the civic, 700 dollars after taxes, but it drives as smooth as a baby's bottom and even Vicky and her sister could not believe the difference that great tires can make.

You do not drive a lot K do you? I'd hold off and do all 4, but if you have to do 2 for now, do as interloper advised but make sure you buy the same exact brand and model when you replace the other two. I saw that at the shop so many times, people coming in and saying "I replaced some tires and I don't understand, it's different." Well DUH you dumbarse, they may be the same size but they are different brands with different treads! Also don't mix fiberglass belts on some tires and steel on the others, not very wise.