Topic: EAW Campaign without ISC?  (Read 3197 times)

Offline kikinaak

• Ensign
EAW Campaign without ISC?
« on: July 05, 2005, 05:16:25 pm »
I'm sure this has been asked before but I cant find anything on it. I'm looking for a guide on making (or download if someoens already done it) a custom campaign with no forced missions, just the oppurtunity to fly around and gain prestige, but still have empires go to war, expand their borders and develop economics and such.. Basically I'm looking to be able to fly for the race of my choice, build up a fleet and wipe the other races off the map one by one.
I have SFC2 EAW and do not have OP, and have no means of getting it, I cant find it anywhere legal or otherwise ;). I am a complete scripting newbie but can follow a good guide. TIA for any leads.

Offline FPF-SCM_TraceyG_XC

• Empress of the Empire
  • Commander
Re: EAW Campaign without ISC?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 01:29:09 am »
You dont need any scripting info for modifying a campaign. All you need to do is create/edit one of the mct files to create a campaign of your choice. The mct files are found in your Campaigns folder, each one of them corresponds to one of the single player campaigns you see at the single player campaign selector screen.

Its best to make a copy of an existing mct file, and then just modify it. The missions used in the campaign are listed in the mct file, simply remove the unique campaign missions if you dont want to use them. The file itself is relatively self explanatory, also be sure to rename the camapign to something like "My campaign" or some other appropriate name so you discern which one it is at the campaign selector screen.

If you would like a copy of OP, I believe CUGS has as supply of them for sale for around 10$ each (I think). Contact DIF-Josh for more info.
Captain FPF-TraceyG, Federation Protection Fleet

SFC2.net Admin member
SFC3.net Admin member
Voting member of the DGA
Member of XenoCorp, Squadron Commodore

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: EAW Campaign without ISC?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 03:31:10 pm »
there have been plenty of copies on ebay, new in the box, sealed, for under $10, shipping not included.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel