Topic: Marvel Movie Rumor thread.  (Read 9180 times)

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Lord High Master of Justice
  • Commander
Re: Marvel Movie Rumor thread.
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2005, 11:05:20 pm »
Yeah, but they don't need to cast some meathead wrestler as Thor.  Otherwise, they've ruined it.  Thor needs a good casting.  Lets hope they show some sense.

NPR is a lot like NASCAR.  Two hundred miles an hour in a circle, and you end up right back where you started with nothing but lost time for the effort.

Ravok

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2005, 05:49:56 am »
 I agree !! Thor is one of my favorites. They best not screw it up, with some steroid riddled retard. >:(

This is the God of Thunder, not Bubba, who works down to tha, muffler shop. ::)

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2005, 01:06:03 pm »
Olivia Williams (Professor Moira McTaggert)
Michael Murphy (Warren Worthington)
Ben Foster (Angel)
Bill Duke (politician)
Stewart (Xavier)
Ian McKellen (Magneto)
Hugh Jackman (Wolverine)
Halle Berry (Storm)
Famke Janssen (Marvel Girl/Phoenix)
James Marsden (Cyclops)
Shawn Ashmore (Iceman)
Rebecca Romijn (Mystique)
Vinnie Jones (Juggernaut)
Kelsey Grammer (Beast)
Ellen Page (Shadowcat)
Cameron Bright (Leech)
and Foster (beats me)

There were rumours that card-wielding anti-hero Gambit would be thrown into the mix, but no news on that front yet.

With just around nine months until the movie is due in cinemas – May 26, 2006 – it’s going to be tight, but fingers crossed. Certainly, scriptwriter Zak Penn (who’s writing the movie along with Simon Kinberg) remained bullish

Holy crap, Batman!  Thats a lot of characters!  They are all characters I like and would love to see on film, but all at once?  Doesn't seem like they will be able to tell a real story with many of them.

When the X-men comic's regular cast got this big, they broke it into two seperate teams with two seperate comics.   This almost sounds like they need two movies in order to do it right.  With only 9 months to write and film it?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I so want this to be good.

(No Rogue this time, I take it?  No Pyro?)

-S'Cipio
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 02:31:02 am by GDA-S'Cipio »
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2005, 12:35:02 pm »
Still think one of the WORST ever cases of casting was Halle Berry as Storm.  Every time I see her playing that role, I wince.

NPR is a lot like NASCAR.  Two hundred miles an hour in a circle, and you end up right back where you started with nothing but lost time for the effort.

Ravok

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2005, 12:41:20 pm »
Still think one of the WORST ever cases of casting was Halle Berry as Storm.  Every time I see her playing that role, I wince.

Whys that? :) I thought she did allright.

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Commander
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2005, 12:43:32 pm »
Storm is perhaps the strongest and most wise member of the X-Men, and older than the rest.  She doesn't look or act like an out of work cheer leader.  I was hoping they would have cast Angela Basset in the role, as she is perfect.  Halle Berry is too weak and cutesy to give Storm the strength she possesses.

Ravok

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2005, 01:17:04 pm »
 Good point. :)

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2005, 07:52:15 pm »
Interesting.  I'm hopeful for Gambit, but I like the people they have so far.  I remember seeing an episode of the X-Men cartoon not so long ago (reruns, obviously ;) ) with Dr. Moira and a mutant who was her son named Proteus (a lot of what I know about the X-Men comes from the cartoon show, instead of the comics, so I'm not exactly sure what was changed).  I strongly doubt they could fit him in at all, and it probably wouldn't be worth it (he has his own personal problems, but I don't see how they could lead to a continuation of the plot).
From Me to You - The Beatles

If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything i can do,
Just call on me and i'll send it along
With love from me to you.

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2005, 01:14:20 pm »
Honestly I have little hope for X3.
Npt because of the director (although there is that) but due to the fact that they keep adding characters.
The first one was good, the second was OK -but there started to be to many characters and to little screen time devoted to each.
I liked the Xbooks the best out of all the Marvel titles i read- but really I don't think they will continue to
adapt well to film.
Even the books got very stupid after awhile ( Magneto throws pulse wave around the world but can't smack a X-Man 10 feet away //
Sentinels go from being  dangerous opponents to basically training tools for new  members)
After years away from them I find the X-Men comics the hardest to pick up and read today.

I am  looking forward to a Wolverine movie though..
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2005, 02:46:10 pm »
I think Diane Keaton would have been a great Storm.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2005, 03:15:56 pm »
Is it just me or does Diane Keaton seem to have a slight, but perpetual smirk on her face?

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2005, 03:48:55 pm »
Is it just me or does Diane Keaton seem to have a slight, but perpetual smirk on her face?

She's always thinking about her checking account after First Wives Club.   :-X
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Commander
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2005, 08:31:47 am »
Dracho wins one free one way ticket to hell for that. ;D

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2005, 09:04:21 pm »
How is Famke going to be in it again unless they tell the phoenix saga?  But from the sounds of it they are going to be telling the Apocalypse/Four Horsemen story.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Ravok

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2005, 10:00:53 pm »

Boy I hope so!! That would be cool as hell!!!  :) :) :)

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2005, 12:44:23 am »
How is Famke going to be in it again unless they tell the phoenix saga?  But from the sounds of it they are going to be telling the Apocalypse/Four Horsemen story.

Definitely looks like they will do the Pheonix story.

X3 – in which our mutant heroes face off against multiple threats, including the resurgent mutant terrorist Magneto, the return of their own Jean Grey aka Phoenix, and a human threat, alleged to be a mutant ‘cure’ - has been a notoriously troubled production, yet we’re rooting for Ratner, and the guys at Fox/Marvel, to pull this one off.

Hey!  Was't one of the first Pheonix stories also the first appearance of the Hellfire Club?  Away with all these other has-been characters!  I want to see Sebastian Shaw!   (The White Queen wouldn't be bad to look at either.!

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

Gorn Dragon Templar

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2005, 06:27:50 am »

Definitely looks like they will do the Pheonix story.

X3 – in which our mutant heroes face off against multiple threats, including the resurgent mutant terrorist Magneto, the return of their own Jean Grey aka Phoenix, and a human threat, alleged to be a mutant ‘cure’ - has been a notoriously troubled production, yet we’re rooting for Ratner, and the guys at Fox/Marvel, to pull this one off.

Hey!  Was't one of the first Pheonix stories also the first appearance of the Hellfire Club?  Away with all these other has-been characters!  I want to see Sebastian Shaw!   (The White Queen wouldn't be bad to look at either.!

-S'Cipio

Shoot Maybe we can Get Erin Grey to do a Cameo also. As a side note, I got the wife to wear the Morgan Fairchild mask last night, so anythings Possible.  ;)

It's either way too early or we are getting way to old Scippy.  ;D

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2005, 02:20:18 am »
Shoot Maybe we can Get Erin Grey to do a Cameo also. As a side note, I got the wife to wear the Morgan Fairchild mask last night, so anythings Possible.  ;)

Stephen

:o

:notworthy:

You are master of your domain!

-S'Cipio the Way Too Old

Gorn Dragon Templar

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2005, 08:15:30 am »

Stephen

:o

:notworthy:

You are master of your domain!

-S'Cipio the Way Too Old

Well, In her Defence, I did have to wear a Reagan Mask.  ;D ;D ;D

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline S'Raek

• Commander
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2005, 08:45:35 am »
Random thoughts:

I'm really looking forward to Iron Man.  They can do a lot with that comic I think - Tony's troubles, War Machine, etc. 

I think seeing the Pheonix in X3 is a given.  They seriously hinted at it at the end of X2.  Seeing the Angel will be interesting, though I liked his evil Arch Angel metal wings better.  Mmmmmmmmmmm.........Emma Frost!  Gambit would be fun too and too bad about Rogue I was hoping they would expand on her character. 

The Punisher was better than the box office would make it seem.  Though to be honest if anything he was too nice.  The Frank I remember (and it's been a long time since I've really read Punisher) was seriously kick a**. 

Thor was a good comic when I was a kid but haven't seen much since.  Not sure they could translate it to film without an excess of cheese. 

In Spiderman my favorites have always been Venom, Carnage and Green Goblin.  Not sure I can that much about continuity - they always mess with that stuff in movies anyway. 

Fantastic Four was better than the TV Captain America and company from back in the day - but not by much. 

Veritas vos Liberabit -- Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis