Topic: Economy of War Results  (Read 18061 times)

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
Economy of War Results
« on: July 17, 2005, 08:08:41 pm »
Game 1

The Hydran Tug and frigate kept to the BATS for the initial Klingon attack.

Jakle's E4B was crippled within th first 5 minutes and was towed to the Map edge by the BT.  This drew out the Hydran ships and began 40 minutes of ballet, as the remaining Klingon and Hydran forces went back and forth. 

Ultimately, the Klingon BT made too close a pass and was crippled.  This then satisfied the Klingon disengagement order, and the BT and F5C withdrew from the field of battle.

Game 1 (Hydran Base Defense):
TUGfsl w/ 2 Hornet-II 170 Internals  17                         BT  192   Crippled 96
CU 61   Crippled 31                                                     F5C 97    Disengaged 24
BATS 322 No Damage  0                                             E4B 62    Crippled 31
Total: 553                                                                 Total:  351   202 VP banked

SoV earned
151 = Tactical Defeat

KHH earned
250 = Tactical Victory +10 pts to Camp VP total

« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 08:51:54 pm by Jakle »

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
Re: Economy of War Results
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 08:38:35 pm »
The forces met head on and slugged it out.  The D7B took an early initial raping, which largely rendered it inconsequential to the rest of the combat - except the Hydrans kept pressing their attacks on it, looking for the kill.  Meanwhile, the D7L and F5B continued attacks on the LB brought it to the brink.  It went down, and a Frigate went down with it (possibly due to the explosion blasT).

Game 2:
LB w/ 3 Hornet-II 165     Destroyed                           D7L 138  Interals                                     
CRU 76                         Destroyed                           D7B 133  Destroyed
HN 48                          Destroyed                            F5B 79    Internals
Total 289                                                               Total: 350

SoV earned
155 For the battle + 61 for the BPV diff = 216: Marginal Defeat

KHH Earned
289 for the battle: Marginal Victory (+10 VP towards Camp total)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 08:49:46 pm by Jakle »

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 09:16:00 pm »
Game 3

I didn't observe this game, so I can't provide much detail - only that SoV pulled a major coup and captured the FD7K.  The Klingons were forced to destroy their own ship to prevent it from falling into enemy hands.  One of the D6B's took minor damage. 

The DG and the KN went down in the fight, the CU escaped with minor damage.

Game 3:
DG w/ 3 Hornet-II 145    Destroyed                           FD7K 153 Destoryed
KN 80                           Destroyed                           D6B 128 Internals
CU 61                           Disengaged                         D6B 128 No Damage
Total 286                                                               Total: 409

SoV Earned:
166 for the Battle + 123 Banked VP's for 289: Marginal Victory (+10 VP' towards the Camp total)

KHH Earned:
240 for the Battle: Marginal Defeat

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 09:21:32 pm »
Mid Scenario totals:

SoV: 666

KHH: 799

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 06:33:46 am »
Game 3

I didn't observe this game, so I can't provide much detail - only that SoV pulled a major coup and captured the FD7K.  The Klingons were forced to destroy their own ship to prevent it from falling into enemy hands. 

On the bridge of the H-CU HMS Vendetta, Commander Rekoji, 1,462,968th in line for the throne of Hydrax, called up his crack commando squad, "Major, I want you and your men to board that FD7K and capture it for the glory of Hydra!!"

Hydran Marine Major,(who happens to 1,462,967th in line for the throne of Hydrax) "You what?"

Commander Rekoji, "You heard me, we are gonna beam you over to that FD7 to take control."

Major, "Yeah, right! Are you insane?!?!?!"

Rekoji, "well, yeah, but that is besides the point.  They have no more Marines on board."

Major *snorts* "You do realize this is KLINGONS we are talking about?!?!?!?!?  They ALL think they are Marines!!!!"

Rekoji "Chief, beam the Major aboard the FD7, NOW!!"

Major "YOU BAS....."  Fades out during transport.

Rekoji, *snicker*

Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

762_XC

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 10:06:11 am »
I guess he bribed Duck's crew with tea and cookies.  ;D

Offline ShadowLord

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 10:45:05 am »
No kidding talk about surprise... I mean -- well Ok I havent played ladder matches for a long time now but in the 6 years? I have been playing on GSA this was the first time -- ships could be captured -- I thought that was a dyna exclusive..
Live and learn..

The games were all good -- this situation/concept does indeed have potential for future games... Glad were working out the kinks and learning the rules...

Duck
GG last night to both sides..

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 02:27:23 pm »
So - for round II, when looks good for SoV??

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 02:45:38 pm »
I am available up till about 2200-2215 EDT most nights.  Will be available this evening, but not tomorrow.  Possibly not Wed night either.  Thursday & Fridays are good, but Sat is out. Sunday is cool too. ;D

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

762_XC

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 10:12:07 pm »
Thursday looks good for me.

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 10:14:42 pm »
Thursday is fine with me, or Friday

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 06:42:09 am »
1900 EDT start time then on Thursday?

Offline ShadowLord

• Lt.
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2005, 07:40:03 am »
Not sure about Jakle/Mrogue/Mini yet -- but I should be available for Thurs as well... Dfly has posted he is avaiable --I will assume that 7PM is fine for him ???

Jakle may not be available till a bit later -- but if we can get a 3rd we should be good to go and he can fill in on the later games

ShadowLord

Dfly it might be worth getting your email addy to incl for any tactics/afteraction report discussions on this....

Sent out an email to Jakle/mini/mrouge to confirm if they can make it
Dfly and duck look good to go
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 08:34:54 am by ShadowLord »

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2005, 08:11:42 am »
Well, most people I know work on standard 'late' time... ie they run 30-60 minutes behind on 'personal' time...

So if we aim for 7pm... things should be rockin-n-rollin by 2000 EDT.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2005, 08:39:58 am »
Let's plan for Thursday then.  I might not show till as late as 9pm, but KHH will have enough w/o me.

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2005, 01:56:27 pm »
He-he... well, you can be like t00l was on Sunday... set a 7pm start time & show up at 9. ::)

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2005, 02:11:35 pm »
yeah...so....you're gonna have 3 w/o t00l, right?

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2005, 02:48:56 pm »
Well, hopefully, Cougar, Green (after fixing his issues), DH & I will be available.

762_XC

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005, 04:29:19 pm »
 :P

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2005, 09:33:53 pm »
shall be there,   email is        isme_isityou@yahoo.com   and it is checked twice daily

Offline ShadowLord

• Lt.
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2005, 07:41:42 am »
Well just to update..still trying to make sure we will have 3 ready to go ..

Dfly and duck should be ok to go ..

Jakle will be home for the later game...

Mini might have a dentist appt..trying to confirm what time he might be home by

Mrogue -- waiting to hear back from email sent..(just rec'd confirmation Mrogue will be there around 7 )

Definatly want to finish this off (if possible) so I can set myself up for AOTKII without having to continually switch around files...

ShadowLord

KHH is good to go with 3 players
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 10:16:32 am by ShadowLord »

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2005, 02:52:29 pm »

Definatly want to finish this off (if possible) so I can set myself up for AOTKII without having to continually switch around files...

Oh, do I understand that....;D

Offline Kougar_XC

• Another Red Shirt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2005, 03:57:01 pm »
Well, hopefully, Cougar, Green (after fixing his issues), DH & I will be available.

Don't count me in, unless SOV lacks a needed player. I will not be playing after this next match at all, so don't ask me. I'm shelving this game, finally, after playing since sfc1 was out.

This script is to full of glitches to be used for anything beyond fooling around, it even has issues with its intended purpose as a base assault mission. While I can usually tolerate the old game bugs like WWs failing (or eventually get over it such as in game 2), the sector assault script has to many issues and bugs in it to use for matches. Such as a half captured ship that tries to attack both sides at once because both the original player and the AI is flying it. Yet it shows as allied, but can't be self destructed, nor shot at, or even controlled by the capturing player.

Cougar=SoV= | KOTHCougar | KOTHMegafortress

Offline ShadowLord

• Lt.
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2005, 04:03:34 pm »
Hey Kouger

Those attackes by the captured ship was most likely my attempt to still control the ship in any way I could -- remember I was not considering that the script even allowed ship captures -- never saw that done in 6 years of GSA play..hence my suggestion that any future ship captures -- the player power down all systems but his shields ..

And would it help if we just didnt use base assults but continued with this type of format in "open space?"

Just a concept...

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2005, 04:59:18 pm »
When using SFB victory conditions, the summary text provides info that might not be necessary in every case, but will be in some/many cases.

If capturing is so f'd up, then don't do it - the script is what makes it possible.  You can't do it at all if you switched to straight old FFA. 

Aside from that, I personally didn't observe anything that struck me as a deal breaker in terms of using the script.  It's got issues, but the functionality makes up for it - in my opinion.

Fleetpick might be a better alternative, but I have yet to be able to get that thing to work

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2005, 07:43:17 pm »

I'm fixing them tonight.  But I have a "social engagement" until 9pm EDT on Thursday.

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2005, 07:43:26 pm »

Don't count me in, unless SOV lacks a needed player. I will not be playing after this next match at all, so don't ask me. I'm shelving this game, finally, after playing since sfc1 was out.

This script is to full of glitches to be used for anything beyond fooling around, it even has issues with its intended purpose as a base assault mission. While I can usually tolerate the old game bugs like WWs failing (or eventually get over it such as in game 2), the sector assault script has to many issues and bugs in it to use for matches. Such as a half captured ship that tries to attack both sides at once because both the original player and the AI is flying it. Yet it shows as allied, but can't be self destructed, nor shot at, or even controlled by the capturing player.

That is a damn shame, Cougar.  You are one of the best pilots out there & I have been proud to fly with and against you.

Please understand that this is a beta test and the script we are testing hasn't been touched in nearly 2 years.

I asked Tracey G to take a look at it, as soon as her current mission script work is done.

762_XC

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2005, 12:05:42 am »
Stick it out Coug. At worst we will figure out how to work around the script bugs. Remember we are only testing here.

And it's not like we asked [ISC] to come play. <snicker>