Topic: Economy of War Results  (Read 17922 times)

Offline ShadowLord

• Lt.
Re: Economy of War Results
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2005, 07:41:42 am »
Well just to update..still trying to make sure we will have 3 ready to go ..

Dfly and duck should be ok to go ..

Jakle will be home for the later game...

Mini might have a dentist appt..trying to confirm what time he might be home by

Mrogue -- waiting to hear back from email sent..(just rec'd confirmation Mrogue will be there around 7 )

Definatly want to finish this off (if possible) so I can set myself up for AOTKII without having to continually switch around files...

ShadowLord

KHH is good to go with 3 players
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 10:16:32 am by ShadowLord »

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2005, 02:52:29 pm »

Definatly want to finish this off (if possible) so I can set myself up for AOTKII without having to continually switch around files...

Oh, do I understand that....;D
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Kougar_XC

• Another Red Shirt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2005, 03:57:01 pm »
Well, hopefully, Cougar, Green (after fixing his issues), DH & I will be available.

Don't count me in, unless SOV lacks a needed player. I will not be playing after this next match at all, so don't ask me. I'm shelving this game, finally, after playing since sfc1 was out.

This script is to full of glitches to be used for anything beyond fooling around, it even has issues with its intended purpose as a base assault mission. While I can usually tolerate the old game bugs like WWs failing (or eventually get over it such as in game 2), the sector assault script has to many issues and bugs in it to use for matches. Such as a half captured ship that tries to attack both sides at once because both the original player and the AI is flying it. Yet it shows as allied, but can't be self destructed, nor shot at, or even controlled by the capturing player.

Cougar=SoV= | KOTHCougar | KOTHMegafortress

Offline ShadowLord

• Lt.
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2005, 04:03:34 pm »
Hey Kouger

Those attackes by the captured ship was most likely my attempt to still control the ship in any way I could -- remember I was not considering that the script even allowed ship captures -- never saw that done in 6 years of GSA play..hence my suggestion that any future ship captures -- the player power down all systems but his shields ..

And would it help if we just didnt use base assults but continued with this type of format in "open space?"

Just a concept...

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2005, 04:59:18 pm »
When using SFB victory conditions, the summary text provides info that might not be necessary in every case, but will be in some/many cases.

If capturing is so f'd up, then don't do it - the script is what makes it possible.  You can't do it at all if you switched to straight old FFA. 

Aside from that, I personally didn't observe anything that struck me as a deal breaker in terms of using the script.  It's got issues, but the functionality makes up for it - in my opinion.

Fleetpick might be a better alternative, but I have yet to be able to get that thing to work

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2005, 07:43:17 pm »
Well, hopefully, Cougar, Green (after fixing his issues), DH & I will be available.

I'm fixing them tonight.  But I have a "social engagement" until 9pm EDT on Thursday.

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2005, 07:43:26 pm »

Don't count me in, unless SOV lacks a needed player. I will not be playing after this next match at all, so don't ask me. I'm shelving this game, finally, after playing since sfc1 was out.

This script is to full of glitches to be used for anything beyond fooling around, it even has issues with its intended purpose as a base assault mission. While I can usually tolerate the old game bugs like WWs failing (or eventually get over it such as in game 2), the sector assault script has to many issues and bugs in it to use for matches. Such as a half captured ship that tries to attack both sides at once because both the original player and the AI is flying it. Yet it shows as allied, but can't be self destructed, nor shot at, or even controlled by the capturing player.

That is a damn shame, Cougar.  You are one of the best pilots out there & I have been proud to fly with and against you.

Please understand that this is a beta test and the script we are testing hasn't been touched in nearly 2 years.

I asked Tracey G to take a look at it, as soon as her current mission script work is done.
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

762_XC

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2005, 12:05:42 am »
Stick it out Coug. At worst we will figure out how to work around the script bugs. Remember we are only testing here.

And it's not like we asked [ISC] to come play. <snicker>