Topic: The Forge - Info and Feedback  (Read 106884 times)

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: The Forge - Info and Feedback
« Reply #500 on: March 18, 2006, 10:53:02 pm »
Considering all the people flying BBs, what would be so bad about the 2nd gen-X ships for a bit?
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #501 on: March 19, 2006, 12:35:22 am »
server seems to burp when a live player is moving thru hexes too quickly...

have had this happen to me several times within the last 24 hours...

ive adopted the idea that there is a "stop" sign in every hex...before moving to the next hex...too not encourage a burp in the server...

Interesting, I have not observed this, but I am on dial up. I have noticed that the battle log is huge, the database is ~5MB even after cleaning. This does not occur on the flatfile. This is worth investigating further. Can ya make it for a debug test tonight?

Considering all the people flying BBs, what would be so bad about the 2nd gen-X ships for a bit?

I'll probably leave the server up for a week or so before the next run while I decide what, if anything will change for the next run. I'll just collect the final stats when 2303 arrives.

Offline [KBF]MuadDib

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #502 on: March 19, 2006, 10:48:27 pm »
server seems to burp when a live player is moving thru hexes too quickly...

have had this happen to me several times within the last 24 hours...

ive adopted the idea that there is a "stop" sign in every hex...before moving to the next hex...too not encourage a burp in the server...

Interesting, I have not observed this, but I am on dial up. I have noticed that the battle log is huge, the database is ~5MB even after cleaning. This does not occur on the flatfile. This is worth investigating further. Can ya make it for a debug test tonight?

I'll probably leave the server up for a week or so before the next run while I decide what, if anything will change for the next run. I'll just collect the final stats when 2303 arrives.

kewl!!!

sorry i missed the test server again...next weekend is looking kind of iffy for me too... 8(
Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it.

Offline RogueJedi

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • You will be pacified!
    • The Brainfart
« Reply #503 on: March 22, 2006, 07:45:45 pm »
Great server. Just a couple of things that I want to mention:

1) The map is way to big for the playerbase. Should be about half the size.
2) Forfiet missions in neutral hexes...ugh.
3) Where did all these damn Hydrans come from? Are the Feds and Mirak cowards now, hiding behind the methane breathers for protection? When I'm in a Fed hex I should fight Fed ships, ditto mirak. Instead, I get the same battle over and over again against Hydrans...every one of them loaded to the teeth with hellbores and fighters. Not that i can't handle them, I'd just like a little variety.
4) Where the h e double hockey sticks is everyone? How can I pacify the barbarians if they don't even bother to show up? Hm?
RogueJedi

STO Chars:
Justleroy@justleroy  - Lt. Commander, Grade 1, Starfleet, Commander U.S.S. Icarus
Krakato'a@justleroy - Sergent, Grade 2, Imperial Klingon Defense Force, Commander I.K.S. Mevt-V'a

Offline Bartok

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #504 on: March 23, 2006, 07:37:36 am »
Great server. Just a couple of things that I want to mention:

3) Where did all these damn Hydrans come from? Are the Feds and Mirak cowards now, hiding behind the methane breathers for protection? When I'm in a Fed hex I should fight Fed ships, ditto mirak. Instead, I get the same battle over and over again against Hydrans...every one of them loaded to the teeth with hellbores and fighters. Not that i can't handle them, I'd just like a little variety.

Just a thought on your Hydran overload.  I remember Dizzy remarking the the server admins area that the closes "base" not planet is what produces/determines to an extent who you get in a draft.  Must've been some hydran bases close by?

hey - I'd rather have to struggle against 2 H-XCF's and an MNR than have the O-CVA over and over and over....

Cheers,

Offline RogueJedi

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • You will be pacified!
    • The Brainfart
« Reply #505 on: March 23, 2006, 06:48:17 pm »
Nearest base...I'll have to remember that. I did get to fight a couple of Miraks last night. The kittens had to send 2 BBs at me, though. Still, I put them down quietly. :D

The AI is so predictable...

Anyhow, 'tis all good. I'll keep an eye on the bases from now on.
RogueJedi

STO Chars:
Justleroy@justleroy  - Lt. Commander, Grade 1, Starfleet, Commander U.S.S. Icarus
Krakato'a@justleroy - Sergent, Grade 2, Imperial Klingon Defense Force, Commander I.K.S. Mevt-V'a

Offline deadmansix

• Lt.
« Reply #506 on: March 24, 2006, 06:37:21 am »

great Job Bonk, but my only suggestion is this keep the planets out of Neb hexes or set up the Neb hexes to run just patrols or some such thing as that other than that it was just fine ;D

Offline Icehawk

• Commodore 9thFleet
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #507 on: March 25, 2006, 08:14:36 am »
iam curious why i can access the other features of the webmap but wont let me look at the  shipsyards

**** We are the Blue Guard we are watching ****

Offline Amadaeus

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Idea? Lets hear it
« Reply #508 on: March 25, 2006, 09:00:46 am »
its 2302 and there are no xca's or any second gen ships at all  except bases in the gorn yard or the webmap just wondering if theres a problem?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #509 on: March 25, 2006, 09:37:11 am »
iam curious why i can access the other features of the webmap but wont let me look at the  shipsyards

I noticed some errors in the log due to you trying to view the shipyards... I have not figured out why, its on my list of things to do. Thanks for letting me know.

Does your e-mail address for the gamespy login that you are using match your forums account e-mail address?

Ah, I just checked and it seems the case does not match, you are using some uppercase letters on your gamespy login but all lowercase in your forums e-mail address... this might be the cause... (I may have to add some case conversion code to the shipyard to get around this... not sure I want to though... hmmmm... I thought I had code in the webyards to inform you of such a mismatch... I'll have to look again.)

I can edit your email address in the server db to match the case of your forums e-mail address... then you'll need to adjust your dynaverse login to match... to login on the exisitng server character...

Actually, I'll just edit your e-mail address on the forums to match the case, that will be simpler...

...done... give it a try now...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 09:47:32 am by Bonk »

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #510 on: March 25, 2006, 09:39:09 am »
its 2302 and there are no xca's or any second gen ships at all  except bases in the gorn yard or the webmap just wondering if theres a problem?

I will look into this, thanks for the info.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #511 on: March 25, 2006, 10:14:20 am »
Re: no 2nd Gen X ships in the gorn yards:

Check the YFAs in the shiplist. The Gorn XCA YFA is 41 (2304) which explains why you do not see it in the in-game shipyards or on the webyards.

However, I have detected a problem with the webyards that seems to have arisen after the move to the new webserver. The "General availability ships" (direct shiplist purcahsing) column is incomplete, I saw the same thing happening on the destroyed ships page and simply shortened it to show only the last 200 destroyed ship records and it was fine, but I cannot do this with the shipyards and have it work properly, there must be a setting I missed somewhere or one that needs adjustment, output buffering perhaps or something like that, there is a pesky error appearing on the new webserver that may or may not be related. Hopefully I'll figure it out soon. It might be the fault of the new eAccelerator version I am using...

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #512 on: March 25, 2006, 10:44:11 am »
Seems our chat server is temporarily down. Looking into the situation...

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #513 on: March 25, 2006, 11:51:22 pm »
Chat was restored a while ago... should be fine now.  :)

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #514 on: March 27, 2006, 06:19:35 am »
It's 2303.87.... ;)
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #515 on: March 27, 2006, 07:30:54 am »
It's 2303.87.... ;)

Wow, time flies when you're having fun!  :)

I'll look at the stats later today and declare a winner. I'll probably let it run a few more days while I sort out the details for the next run.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #516 on: March 27, 2006, 12:37:07 pm »
While tallying up the stats today I realised there is not one asteroid hex on the map! Holy crap!  :o  Don't know how I missed that.

The ironic thing is, it looks like J'inn hasn't logged in once... he missed his big chance!  :D

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #517 on: April 01, 2006, 02:44:14 pm »
  Great server Bonk and the rest of D.net Admins as well as Tracey G scripts.I snuck on a few times while taking a break from Guild Wars or taking my fustrations out on the Klinks.I did my part for the Federation although we didn't do so well and I forgot my other accounts password Like the Father.Great all around fun server.