Topic: Unique ship's I'd like to see in game (UPDATED JULY 2007)  (Read 226335 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: PLEASE STICKY : Unique ship's I'd like to see in game (pic heavy)
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2005, 07:56:47 pm »
I went ahead and Stickied this thread. BTW,  Ithink this is a wonderfull Project indeed.

Stephen

Thank you sir, it is most appreciated. I have recieved more news on other ships in this post so everyone keep checking back and I'll let everyone know where we stand on each ship. SO everyone keep looking I know there's plenty more ships out there.

shoot I'm not a sir, I work Cattle for a living..  ;D Seriously everyone, Call me David Banner... I mean Steve. I'm a laid back guy.  ;D

Seriously though, I like this project. anything to keep Models new and refreshing, is more Worthy then just a sticky. The work you do for laimens like me, is supurb. HEck  Ipurchesed DS2 just Because Rick was one of the graphic guys on that game. Man I miss P81.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Antivyrus

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Unique ship's I'd like to see in game (pic heavy)
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2005, 10:33:44 pm »
Mann Class   needs clothes

Offline FPF-Wanderer

• Order of Battle Wonk
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Trek Nerd Since 1976
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2005, 12:12:43 am »
I posted a similar thread at the beginning of the year... http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163350657.0.html

...still waiting on Schtupp's Kittyhawk, dagnabit...  ;)

Of the one's you posted, MP, I'd have to say I'd like to see the Baker class the most.  Of course, I'm a TOS whore.  ;D
Alliance SAC, SG4 / Alliance SAC, RDSL / Federation A/RM: AOTK, SSII, GW4 / Federation Chief of Staff / Member of the Flying Circus / Alliance Map Guy

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2005, 12:41:11 am »
You know, now that I'm looking at the States class, it looks as if some of the battle cruisers released for the TMP era could be used for the most part, just swapping out the nacelles with those from the Excelsior.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2005, 12:47:33 am »
Of the one's you posted, MP, I'd have to say I'd like to see the Baker class the most.  Of course, I'm a TOS whore

Funny you said that, I was kinda hoping LS would take that one on  ;)  And while we're speaking of TOS...........

Anatares Class

Mann Class   needs clothes

Bro, you are a modelling machine  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: I'm kinda hoping Sandman takes a liking to that one, his style of texturing would totally smoke the Mann Class.

So now we have some of these models ready for clothing......anyone willing to hook up some textures ?  8)

I'm out of commision for now and Tus is busy with schoolwork right now  :'(
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 05:14:20 pm by ModelsPlease »

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2005, 12:51:30 am »
You know, now that I'm looking at the States class, it looks as if some of the battle cruisers released for the TMP era could be used for the most part, just swapping out the nacelles with those from the Excelsior.

I don't know if you remember but awhile back during one of our PM's I had asked ya if you could bash up that ship. I had looked at it and thought the same thing too  ;). BTW I found another vague reference to another Connie sub-class if you're interested and I think I found a design that could fit the bill.

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2005, 01:50:05 am »

I don't know if you remember but awhile back during one of our PM's I had asked ya if you could bash up that ship. I had looked at it and thought the same thing too  ;). BTW I found another vague reference to another Connie sub-class if you're interested and I think I found a design that could fit the bill.

I remember talking about that with you, but at the time, and still now to an extent, I couldn't have done the bash with my skills, but fortunately the majority of the work someone else has done.  But I didn't say I would do this bash this time.  hehehehe  And give me the details about that Connie sub-class.  50/50 chance I'll be able to do it, cause I have a feeling she'll need new pieces I can't make.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2005, 01:07:10 pm »
These two should be cake..... just a simple nacelle adjustment.

Aldebaran, U.S.S.
Federation starship, Starfleet registry NCC-1812. (Technical Manual [Franz Joseph TOS]). This vessel is listed as one of dozens of future Constitution-class variants starships.

Alioth, U.S.S.
Federation starship, Starfleet registry NCC-1828. (Technical Manual [Franz Joseph TOS]). This vessel is listed as one of dozens of future Constitution-class variants

Though very vague a description, the fact it says "Future connie varient" opens it up to one's imagination so I decided on this as the varient..........

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/constitution-variant2.jpg

A model like this was seen in Leah Brahms's office in TNG: "Booby Trap".
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/constitution-variant2-boobytrap.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A still different slight variant had previously appeared in TNG: "The Neutral Zone", with the nacelle top sides facing outward and the rear end facing forward.

Alferaz, U.S.S.
Federation starship, Starfleet registry NCC-1781. (Technical Manual [Franz Joseph TOS]). This vessel is listed as one of dozens of future Constitution-class variants.

Alfr, U.S.S.
Federation starship, a cruiser type vessel, Starfleet registry NCC-1741. In 2289 the Alfr went on an exploratory cruise, in the company of the starships Atalanti, Noshiro and Essahir. (Technical Manual [Franz Joseph TOS]; Ships of the Star Fleet). This vessel is listed as one of dozens of future Constitution-class variants.

SO there ya have 4 ships and 2 new varients  ;D. I can get you more registries if you're interested.
-MP
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 01:30:50 pm by ModelsPlease »

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2005, 01:51:38 pm »
What would be nice is to have access to the images.  I click on the links but I get this image saying that the bandwidth has been exceeded.

If these ships are for the TOS era, then perhaps they could have been a small fleet of refit Connies, a transition between the TOS version and TMP version.  It could work.  Just need a basis to work from.  There's already a ship that could work well for this project.  When are you gonna get back on messenger MP?

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2005, 02:02:36 pm »
Cut and paste the links into your search bar and you should see the pics. These are late TMP ships. I have AOL right now if you have AIM or d/l it we can chat until I get my MSN back. Yes I see that there is one model out there that can be used for the first varient, and bashing that ship IE flipping the nacelles will create the other varient.

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2005, 03:50:10 pm »
about done with the warbird whatnot. just need to sober up. might take a day or two.
http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2005, 04:01:21 pm »
The images you provided have already been done.  The Invincible, a Connie variant, is this exact same ship.  She can currently be found on battleclinic, and we also use her in the GAW mod.  For the last GAW camp, several of our ships, including this one, received colored lightmaps,which enhance the look of these ships greatly.  :-D  I may or may not be able to make registries for her though.  It all depends if I have access to a set of blanks.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2005, 04:09:18 pm »
The images you provided have already been done.  The Invincible, a Connie variant, is this exact same ship.  She can currently be found on battleclinic, and we also use her in the GAW mod.  For the last GAW camp, several of our ships, including this one, received colored lightmaps,which enhance the look of these ships greatly.  :-D  I may or may not be able to make registries for her though.  It all depends if I have access to a set of blanks.

Yeah I knew about the Victory, I'm talking about the second description with reverse nacelles would be an easy bash. Cool if ya can do the regestries

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2005, 04:14:52 pm »

Yeah I knew about the Victory, I'm talking about the second description with reverse nacelles would be an easy bash. Cool if ya can do the regestries

The second one is quite easy.  Just flip the nacelles around.  Everything else remains the same.  I can use any Connie ship for that actually, but you know my preference. :-D

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2005, 04:43:31 pm »
Here's a schematic..............

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2005, 05:03:58 pm »
Hey Antivyrus, lookie what I found  ;D

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2005, 05:06:43 pm »
about done with the warbird whatnot. just need to sober up. might take a day or two.

JOYGASM !!!!

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2005, 05:56:08 pm »
 :o  What possible reason could there be for putting the warp nacelles on bass-ackwards?   :o

Always wanted to see the ship from Brahms' office done, but backwards nacelles are just silly...  :)
Trekmods SFC/BC/Nexus forum

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Keep your Sword sharp...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • ...and your intention true.
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2005, 08:44:56 pm »
:o  What possible reason could there be for putting the warp nacelles on bass-ackwards?   :o

Always wanted to see the ship from Brahms' office done, but backwards nacelles are just silly...  :)

Oh I dunno, maybe it has a French crew.... ;D

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2005, 08:47:30 pm »
Hate to breathe in that ship then.  hehehehe.  J/K