Topic: Unique ship's I'd like to see in game (UPDATED JULY 2007)  (Read 226362 times)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: Unique ship's I'd like to see in game
« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2005, 10:42:01 am »
calamity_si those pics showed up for me fantactic designs
that klingon mesh is awsome what is its Poly Count and would you mind if my guys mapp some textures on her in the traditional klingon colours

also i will save these pics and send them to models please so he has a copy if he still doesnt see them

I see 'em, if ya can get me the meshes ya have, that would be awesome. I can bash that one cardie easily, I'll work on the other 2. The Fed looks like a slipstream design. I'm not to keen on it, but I'm digging the Klink BIG TIME. Yeah please get us whatever meshes and drawings ya have and we'll see what we can do for ya.

-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2005, 01:23:10 pm »
I really like that Equilibrium design.  I think I'll play around with it and see if I can come up with a model that will do it justice.

Offline CaptainTombs

• Captain of Unity Shipyards and USS Luna
  • Lt.
« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2005, 02:39:17 pm »
love the USSEquilibrium Bridge and ship very awesome, also like the batleth very unique
Star Trek: Unity
"Recycling the Old to build the new ships of the Future"

Star Trek Unity (Fanfic with pictures)
Keep Credits where they belong

Sindell: One of the Anla-Shok has acted inappropriately and must be punished, perhaps even expelled.
G'Kar: What was his crime?
Sindell: Staying alive!
G'Kar: Curious. Until now, I hadn't known it was a crime.

Offline calamity_si

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2005, 02:41:17 pm »
Hi all,

Yeah the Equilibrium and the B'atleth class are my fave designs. Your comments were all so kind and I'm really  glad that you guys like them! ;D Please feel free to mesh away, obviously I would ask that you give due credit on any designs, as is the custom. Cheers all! Boredom at work has been my main motivation for these designs but I've been so busy lately I haven't had a spare minute to sketch anything. I will try to get some more sketches done though, especially of the Cardassian ships and maybe some other alien ships too. If anyone wants to make a suggestion, go ahead and I'll try to come with a '+50 years design'!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 02:59:18 pm by calamity_si »

Offline calamity_si

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #204 on: December 20, 2005, 06:32:47 am »
Hi all! Just thought I'd mention that I've completed a front view of the Equilibrium and added it to the website. Cheers, Si.

http://trekshipsofthefuture.blogspot.com/

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #205 on: December 20, 2005, 10:51:15 am »
Hi all! Just thought I'd mention that I've completed a front view of the Equilibrium and added it to the website. Cheers, Si.

http://trekshipsofthefuture.blogspot.com/

Ok Si, here's the first one ....................

OUTALANCE SHIPYARDS
Tur'ret Battleship

Owner : Cardassian Union
Class : Capital Ship
Availability : Limited Availability 
In Service : 2367
Out of Service : n/a

------------
The Tur'ret Battleship is an expensive hull that was only put into production due to the conflict with the Federation.
A major alteration to the basic Keldon design, the addition of six torpedo tubes facing fore and a pair of light compressors facing aft, makes the hull more able to face Federation starships on a ship to ship basis.
This ship often served as a command ship in Cardassian fleets until the production of larger ships in the 2370's.
However, during the Klingon Invasion, Bird of Prey type ships found it easy to find arcs where no heavy weapons could be brought to bear.
Once the Klingons adopted tactics to exploit these blind spots, Tur'rets fell rapidly to Klingon forces.
By the time of the Dominion War the Tur'ret was out of production, and there are no plans for production runs in the future.
------------
Author : ModelsPlease
Based on an idea by : calamity_si
Model(s) : Maddoc Software
SFC Port : Darkdrone
Kitbashed by : ModelsPlease

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,1375fa636ef9b8cd2f5866c9cdc2a144.rar

Since ya had no name for this concept, I did a name a history for it.
Enjoy !!!!
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline CaptainTombs

• Lt.
« Reply #206 on: December 20, 2005, 12:02:38 pm »
man i hope someone does the Equilibrium it looks kick ass and i love slipstream ships lol i dig the bridge aswell it fits with its design of the ship

Sindell: One of the Anla-Shok has acted inappropriately and must be punished, perhaps even expelled.

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #207 on: December 20, 2005, 02:44:28 pm »
Well, I just started work on the Equilibrium today and it's working out better than I expected!  This design is really great to work with.  I already have a basic mesh down and am ready to start some of the detail work on it.  Here's what I have so far.  I'm going to create a separate thread for this WIP so I won't clutter this one with updates.

Offline CaptainTombs

• Lt.
« Reply #208 on: December 20, 2005, 03:02:51 pm »
Kick ass mr tricorder she looks beatutiful

Offline calamity_si

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #209 on: December 21, 2005, 03:11:38 am »
 :o :o :o :o :o OH MY GOD!! SWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Thankyou so much! Honestly, apart from the Klingon design, these are the first ships of my design that anyone has meshed before. I LOVE the Tur'ret battleship and the Equilibrium looks GORGEOUS! People this is a dream come true for me, to see my designs brought to life like this! (gush, gush, gush) Thankyou all so much and please keep up the excellent work.  If it's ok with you lot, I'll add these pictures to my website, giving the appropriate credits where due. Mr Tricorder, if you could please do the same with the Equilibrium, that would be ace.  Thanks again for adding your considerable talents to my humble designs, guys!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 05:29:49 am by calamity_si »

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #210 on: December 21, 2005, 10:28:11 am »
I'm glad you like it.  I would like to know more about it in order to help me with some of the detail work.  How large is it?  What should I do about weapons?  Does it have conventional phasers and photon/quantum torpedoes, or did you have something else in mind for the weapons?  Also, does the bridge protrude from the top like most starships, or does it blend in with the rest of the curved surface?  This design is amazingly elegant and uncomplicated, but it's the details that really make a ship come to life.

Offline calamity_si

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2005, 02:56:14 pm »
I've always thought that federation starships suffered from two major drawbacks. A) The bridge module is way too exposed, providing a literal 'bullseye' target for would-be attackers, and B) the nacelles are way too big, again providing an easy target to cripple the ship. I wanted to address both of these issues in the Equilibrium, by hiding the bridge module inside the ship and making the engines smaller and harder to target. To reflect the fact that the ship is from the future, I want to go a step up in size, so she's about as big as a klingon Negh'var class vessel. I also figured that by then Starfleet would have perfected the Quantum Slipstream drive, as warp has been around for ages and is, by then,  a pretty 'slow' method of interstellar travel. I want the ship to have a new and 'futuristic' weapons package as well that meant that it doesn't need to show the familiar torpedo pods and phaser strips. Ideally I'd like there not to be any externally visable weapons as it gives the ship a much sleeker outward appearance. I'll try to come up with some more ideas today. Also, there were  a couple of changes I wanted to make to the model to match it more closely with my schematics but I don't have time at the moment (work beckons, booo >:( ) However, I'll try to log on again tonight. Cheers for the great work Mr_Tricorder.

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2005, 03:09:15 pm »
I figured that the standard phasers and torpedoes would look out of place on this ship, but I think that there needs to be visible weapons hardpoints of some kind.  Let's continue this discussion in the Thread I started for the Equilibrium and not clutter up this thread any further.

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • No Replacement For Displacement
« Reply #213 on: December 23, 2005, 11:59:26 pm »
I love the Equilibrium's bridge, and nice job so far, Mr. T!

I wish this would happen someday (look to the left side)

Death Egg rip by Supachao.

Offline calamity_si

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #214 on: December 27, 2005, 07:32:39 am »
Okey, here's a quick new sketch of mine. I call it the 'Stalker Class' Romulan cruiser.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #215 on: December 27, 2005, 08:08:59 am »
Okey, here's a quick new sketch of mine. I call it the 'Stalker Class' Romulan cruiser.

That's sweet !!!!!! Maybe ypu can ask Pepperman ( our resident Romulan expert ) Though he doesn't give himself near enough credit, if he would tackle this one for ya.

-MP

Offline pepperman

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #216 on: December 27, 2005, 08:01:54 pm »
Could you provide a detailed top view and a could of sketches from the other angles?  I like the design and may give it a go.

Offline calamity_si

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #217 on: December 28, 2005, 12:48:10 am »
LOL! That's two separate sites you've asked me for ortho's on now.  ;D No probs dude, I'm workin on it.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #218 on: December 28, 2005, 03:15:02 pm »
I love the Equilibrium's bridge, and nice job so far, Mr. T!

I wish this would happen someday (look to the left side)

Death Egg rip by Supachao.

What game is it in, if you can get the ship one of us can port it.
-MP

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #219 on: January 23, 2006, 12:47:01 pm »
Hehehe I forgot who requested this but.......... time for a lil teaser ...........

Completed by Me  ;D  now for download at OutaLance Shipyards
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 04:39:43 pm by ModelsPlease »