Topic: Drone Purchasing....  (Read 4629 times)

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
Drone Purchasing....
« on: August 28, 2005, 09:48:58 pm »
Ok, so to continue a conversation from Thursday evening (and somewhat related to the thread in the D2 forum where Dizzy calls me a retard):

The recommendation was to adopt a drone speed upgrade cost system similar to SFB (to a greater or lesser degree).

A pure SFB tranlation would be for the Drone Chucking ship to to pay the cost of speed upgrades for the drones IN THE RACKS ONLY - the reloads are free....however I believe this then assumes stock reloads. 

Example...Klingon D7B has a twin A-Rack, holding a total of 8 drones in the rack.  Medium Speed Drones are available.  At .5 a point per drone, it would cost the Klingon 4 points to upgrade to Medium Speed Drones.  If Fast Drones were available, it would cost 8 pts to upgrade.  Again, this assumes STOCK reloads.

I think 762 was recommending a variantion on this, so I'll let him stumble in here and post that...

762_XC

Re: Drone Purchasing....
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 01:56:34 am »
I was suggesting pay for 1 reload worth of upgrades and get a total of 3, which is the SFB max after Y175.

Pre-Y175 probably the same equation but limit total reloads to whatever the SFB max is for that era.

Offline ShadowLord

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 09:27:03 am »
Anyone wishing to give me faster drones for a cheaper cost then Jakles rules... gets a big happy smile .. can you say K H H B U K K A K E

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 10:06:46 am »
I was suggesting pay for 1 reload worth of upgrades and get a total of 3, which is the SFB max after Y175.

Pre-Y175 probably the same equation but limit total reloads to whatever the SFB max is for that era.

Ok, so with the D7B example above, the cost would be +8 for Medium and +16 for Fast? 

I think to go back to a question you asked Thursday, I think 1xReload is what is technically IN the rack, and x2 reload is what's in the rack plus the one reload.  That's the norm for all ships until Y175.  After that, they get the extra reload, which bumps the ship up to x3. 

If that is the case, then do we actually use the example I first used above, or the example in this post?