Topic: Clarification regarding divisional league  (Read 9064 times)

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
Clarification regarding divisional league
« on: August 29, 2005, 10:44:08 am »
No one has asked, but I thought I'd float this out so everybody know where I stand:

I asked Frey to make me moderator of this forum so that someone could do general upkeep with Kel being gone.  Since I was making a zillion Mini-Camp related posts, it might as well be me.

I have absolutely no intention of even trying to kick off another cycle of Divisional League play.
> I don't want to be in that role again
> I don't think the player base is here to support it
> I personally have moved beyond standard PBR.  I think it's cheesy :P

Now, being the glutton for punishment that I am, I have started work on making a website that will house both the standard PBR rules, but more importantly enshrine the Mini-Campaign concept.  The website will be property of DGA, located at www.patrolbattlegaming.com

It's a bit more work than I first thought, and it's not necessarily finite in scope, but if it's too big I can just stop with Economy of War and not develop any other mini-camps.  Or, others could always design their own Mini-Camps based around the EcoWar template.

Anyway, the way I see it:  if you wanna play PBR, it's going to be in the Mini-Camp format - but the old PBR rules will still be available to whomever wants to use them.

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
Re: Clarification regarding divisional league
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 05:56:44 pm »
hate to say it, but the place you posted is not there.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 06:08:43 pm »
nothing's published yet, so it's empty

Offline [ISC]Phaser

• Fleet Admiral
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • "Fire in the Bowl"
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 01:44:13 pm »
No one has asked, but I thought I'd float this out so everybody know where I stand:

I asked Frey to make me moderator of this forum so that someone could do general upkeep with Kel being gone.  Since I was making a zillion Mini-Camp related posts, it might as well be me.

I have absolutely no intention of even trying to kick off another cycle of Divisional League play.
> I don't think the player base is here to support it
> I personally have moved beyond standard PBR.  I think it's cheesy :P

Now, being the glutton for punishment that I am, I have started work on making a website that will house both the standard PBR rules, but more importantly enshrine the Mini-Campaign concept.  The website will be property of DGA, located at www.patrolbattlegaming.com

It's a bit more work than I first thought, and it's not necessarily finite in scope, but if it's too big I can just stop with Economy of War and not develop any other mini-camps.  Or, others could always design their own Mini-Camps based around the EcoWar template.

Anyway, the way I see it:  if you wanna play PBR, it's going to be in the Mini-Camp format - but the old PBR rules will still be available to whomever wants to use them.

i find these comment extremely sad;

1.I personally have moved beyond standard PBR.  I think it's cheesy :P
 2.if you wanna play PBR, it's going to be in the Mini-Camp format

Concidering PBR was  ur idea and how hard most of us (including me) pushed the concept u want to just drop it?

Is it ur thought that mabe in this type of format KHH may have a chance at winning a championship?
(now this ^ was in fun i hope its not taken the other way :)

PBR has come too far to just try to start all over again with more new rules and regulations,i think most fleets that were in cycle 4 are now more confortable with the PBR rules and the way the league runs.I THINK THE MINI CAMP THING IS A MISTAKE, judging from the little replys the threads recieved.I know ur saying what do u care if there was a cycle 5 [ISC]  said they are finished,that mabe true but we [ISC] do not wanna see PBR changed to that mini crap, [ISC] would continue to fly to help keep it going!

Offline ShadowLord

• Lt.
How to avoid getting banned --
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 02:26:57 pm »

Congrats SOV =

(YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MY OTHER POST SAID )

Offline [ISC]Phaser

• Fleet Admiral
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • "Fire in the Bowl"
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 03:03:27 pm »
Duck,
i wasn't trying to start anything just dont want to see PBR changed,
but if it makes u feel better about yourself than go ahead and flame me!!

Offline ShadowLord

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 03:05:39 pm »
I think the cheap shot directed at jakles motivation just wasnt needed..

I controled my response rather well considering what I used to be like.

Then again I used to be an asshole and try and avoid being one now.

As for changing the PBR rules issue  -- this new concept is rather like a game of chess where you actually have to think several games ahead...

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 06:45:19 pm »
it is unfortunate that more fleets dont try this, as it definitely has it's appeal.  I did love the PBR the way it was, and IMO this new area Jakle has moved to is good, just unfortunate for numbers.  I would like to see [ISC], and any other fleet, try it out for a round or 2 before saying it is either not feasable, or not fun, or not worth flying.  At least that way you all (not just ISC, but all fleets) could say you tried it, and did not like it, if it be the case.

I speak up as a mercenary who has flown a few of the battles. Unfortunately my TSC fleet has grown too small in player numbers to continue this as a fleet.  If I knew of a few wings that could back me in this venture, I may decide to enter a fleet again.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 08:42:09 pm »
Funny that you didn't quote this bit

That by itself might have put the original post into context.  But since you went on and posted, let me respond...

Concidering PBR was  ur idea and how hard most of us (including me) pushed the concept u want to just drop it?

When the hell did you push PBR?  I remember you specifically being one of the chief naysayers, with comments to the effect of "I did that in SFB, I don't want to do it in SFC"

As for me dropping it, your a little late with your reponse.  I made it pretty clear months ago that after my last update to the Rules and Matrix I would not be updating it anymore.  I would either give it to Kroma to host, or failing that, leave it up on my site indefinitely.

Is it ur thought that mabe in this type of format KHH may have a chance at winning a championship?
(now this ^ was in fun i hope its not taken the other way :)

The whole rest of your post is insulting, but this was in fun right?  Ok, sure.

I THINK THE MINI CAMP THING IS A MISTAKE

Maybe the breeze has shifted in here....but I suspect you voicing your opinion in here is a waste of your time

we [ISC] do not wanna see PBR changed to that mini crap,

Aww, shucks, does that mean you won't be playing...darn.

[ISC] would continue to fly to help keep it going!

Excellent!! So I guess you are volunteering to admin it?  Better get to it!!

Since the whole point of your post seems to be to say that PBR is great and you want to see another Cycle and you are mad that I might kill it off, then let me put your fears to rest:

If I manage to finish the patrolbattlegaming.com site, PBR - as it exists now - will be tucked into a little corner for the purpose of supporting 'pick-up games'.  If somebody wants to run a league around it - be it in here, or CUGS or whomever - they are welcome to it.  I wouldn't erase it for the simple reason that I put as much work as I did into pulling that crap together.  That was always my intent...and I apologize profusely, to you in particular Phaser, my dear, dear Phaser, you ardent supporter of PBR.  I apologize for not making that more clear in the original post.

So that there isn't any further misunderstanding, let me synthesize the intent of the original post to it's simplest form:

I, Jakle, will not lift a finger to either admin, lead, manager, whatever, another Cycle of league play, using PBR or whatever.
I, Jakle, have not interest in playing PBR as it is built now, so should someone take the lead to set up a cycle, I wouldn't particpate.  If KHH did, I'll support KHH as a pilot when needed, but that's it.
I, Jakle, am interested in pursuing the mini-camp concept because it's fun for me, ....and Duck, Mini-me, Dfly, Mrogue, 762, Bearslayer, Green, DH and maybe Mutilator and the FSD boys too.

So, I am sure you now clearly understand that I am in no way standing in the way of another Cycle of PBR league play.  I am just one, measely player.  My work is done.  Everything that's needed to pick up and play another cycle is at everyone's finger tips.  Have at it!!  Good Luck!! God Speed!!

PS.  let me finish by saying, with full affection, that you - sir - are a complete and utter TOOL

762_XC

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 09:06:35 pm »

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 09:32:11 pm »
complete and utter TOOL

Hey!

I chose my letters very deliberately...I wrote TOOL, not t00l

Offline [ISC]Phaser

• Fleet Admiral
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • "Fire in the Bowl"
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2005, 03:37:29 pm »
its nice to be a forum admin huh jerkle, (and i chose my words very deliberately) you can personally attack someone without worring about anyone taking action on you,and lets see did i personally attack you....umm no dont look like it i was defending PBR but i sure did call the mini crap crap tho didn't i.

PS.  let me finish by saying, with full affection, that you - sir - are a complete and utter a hole!

now you can ban me you little prick!!!!

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2005, 08:00:28 pm »
very original...copy TT (someone who is a pain in my ass but has ALWAYS supported PBR), then close with a virtual carbon copy of my sign off.

I'm not an admin.  762 is (for instance), but I am not.  I just have moderator privleges (I can sticky posts and such)

So, if what you are saying is clearly obvious (that I am personally attacking you) then I am certain the mighty hammer of the admins will be short in coming.

Why don't you go ahead and report this post and my attacks...?

Even if I was an admin, I wouldn't ban you - it has gotten to the point that you are actually amusing to me.  I was upset that I had to wait as long as I did for you to respond.

Don't be a stranger!!!

762_XC

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2005, 10:42:50 pm »
Entertaining as that was, I think we are done here.