Topic: =/\= a unique oppotunity for the d.net community!  (Read 4239 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
=/\= a unique oppotunity for the d.net community!
« on: October 14, 2005, 11:14:29 pm »
we have been presented with an oppotunity to record a podcast for the d.net community.
as the official reporter, i have been tasked by the emminant fleet admiral frey to compile and record this podcast (cause i love airtime, he says...rat bastard)

after some chatting and brainstorming, it was decided that we should solicite some opinions of the community at large.

what i would like to see is some of the following:

1. suggestions from the d.net community for things that should be included in the podcast
         i.e. what current campaigns are running, everyones favorite D2 server.

2. days and times people like to get on gamespy to play head-to-head matches or fleet manuevers..

3. anything and everything people think important enought about our cozy community to be mentioned in a roughly 6-8 minute podcast.

please note, no calls for punisher's election to evil overlord as he is already in said position ;)

let me know in this thread. don't be afraid to as all serious suggestions will be used.

thanks in advance and i hope to hear from you soon.

stoneyface out!
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
Re: =/\= a unique oppotunity for the d.net community!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 03:29:16 am »
What's a podcast?
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 03:47:21 pm »
What's a podcast?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcast

Oh, how time and tech flys too fast.  I miss the 1990s, when we were a far cry away from cable modem internet and podcasts and MP3 mania. :) But I digress...

I'd participate, but I'm, unfortunately, a part of the SPers that try out models and SP missions, not being online to any Dynaverse games recently.  That, and HD problems that persist even after cleaning it up and reorganizing.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Just plain old Punisher

• Vice Admiral
  • I'm not facist, I just like wearing jackboots
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 05:41:41 pm »
Yea, been meaning to talk to you about my evil-overlord pay.

::cocks gun::

I want more.

"Sex is a lot like pizza.  If you're not careful you can blister your tongue". -Dracho

Offline BAT.Jaguar

• Honest and Crazy Welshman
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • "I have always Been Here" Kosh from B5
    • Wolf359RPG Forum
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 09:09:17 pm »
Ummm.......... Punisher NCC200

just for you to know that symbol =/\= is or was used by the AF Clan (Armageddon Fleet)

Just thought you should know ;D

Who is the Greatest Enemy; always Near to you, sometimes at your side?

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 09:26:33 pm »
I don't really understand the need for or the sense of a podcast, as I think these are essentially for audio files.  Nor do I think most of the people who hang here even know what a podcast is nor how to access one.  Perhaps an RSS Feed would be more appropriate, but the forums essentially take care of news and information.  Nothing that happens here is terribly time critical or topical.  Nor are we talking about anything like a blog.  If someone wants a summary of recent forum posts, they just need to log in and check the new posts.  My opinion is that if someone needs an RSS reader to summarize information from different sites, they have too much time on their hands to look for sites to get an RSS feed from.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 11:27:59 pm »
there really is no need persey.

we've been asked. that is why we are doing it. i believe that it is more for the star trek community at large that aren't regular visitors here. i hope that this will bring more people here....

anyways, to be included:

1 slave girls V is going strong and the coalition seems to be holding it's own. i was logged on monday night and there were 17 people logged on. great stuff
2 gamespy seems to attract people close to the weekend (friday-saturday) let me know what you prefer.
3. moo
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 08:24:07 am »
FYI for Lepton... Actually the site itself has an RSS feed. I use It all the time with Opera.

Sure Stoney, If I come across any news bits or the like, I'll forward It on. Might want to let the D2 and D3 people know also in there respective forums. It would be nice to have a podcast of Nightly totals, schedules etc.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War