Topic: So who here has a long weekend  (Read 740 times)

Offline Khalee1

• Lt. Commander
So who here has a long weekend
« on: December 23, 2005, 03:00:48 am »
I don't, gotta work tonight be on call for Saturday( which meens they probably wont call me but Ill have to set by the phone waiting anyhow), and to get around having to pay me for Christmas And get cut a hour to boot I don't go back untill midnight Sunday night/Monday morning. Screwed out of Thankgiving pay screwed out of Christmas pay. And I'll bet they will find a way to screw me out of New Years pay too. And yet the boss wonders why he has such a big turn over and can't keep any good workers.

Yes Im starting to look for another job.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: So who here has a long weekend
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 05:54:48 am »
Me, I'm on permanent vacation. I'm thinking of faking my resume to remove my 13 years of professional experience and university degree. I'm betting that a cover letter that says I was in jail for the last 12 years for manslaughter would get me further...  :(

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 06:16:25 am »
Since the 14th until after New Years.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 04:48:14 am »
OMG Bonk! Still laughing my arse off at your comment about jail. Sad thing is, you are probably right.  :( You been jetting off apps to the U.S.A. and elsewhere in the world? I know it sucks having to leave your home country for work, but life works in strange ways. I remember reading in the business mags about an IT pro that had a Master's degree when she graduated, couldn't find much of anything here in the U.S., but boy did Hong Kong snag her real quick, and with the wages she got and the cost of living down, she actually makes more (Disposable income is what I look at, I could care less if someone makes a lot, if their expenses are high, what's the point?) than she would have here in major U.S. cities. I wish I had saved the article with her pic, Clark would have like her, mid 20's, Asian American, real cutie. I drop off my magazines at the Austin VA clinic and mail some to the Waco hospital, that way our vets are not reading BS from 1 yr or more ago. Believe it or not, I've seen Newsweek and Time mags from that long ago getting dropped off.  :screwloose: Oh well, at least whoever did it had good intentions I'm sure.