Topic: Hey guys can ya help :))  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Davey-E

• Lt.
Hey guys can ya help :))
« on: December 28, 2005, 10:13:08 am »
Well

I just had a major pc crash (some bloody virus or crap - )

What i wanted is the formula thingy for speeding up the internet
someone once us how to manipulate a few lines and WOWEEE was it quicker or what :))))))

Anyone care to show me again please step by step cos i,m such a wosnit with Computers  ;D ;D ;D

Thanx in advance

Davey
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"To have the United States at our side was to me the greatest joy. Now at this very moment I knew the United States was in the war, up to the neck and in to the death. So we had won after all!...Hitler's fate was sealed. Mussolini's fate was sealed. As for the Japanese, they would be ground to powder

Offline Elvis

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Hey guys can ya help :))
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 10:28:57 am »
It depends on what browser your using. If using Firefox just get the extension Faster Fox. It makes the changes to the settings easy.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 10:45:11 am »
I was thinking, the only one I can remember was the firefox tweak. I'll try and look It up, but the Faster Fox works pretty good.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Just plain old Punisher

• Vice Admiral
  • I'm not facist, I just like wearing jackboots
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 08:59:31 pm »
Do you have broadband?

"Sex is a lot like pizza.  If you're not careful you can blister your tongue". -Dracho

Offline Davey-E

• Lt.
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 10:52:48 am »
Do you have broadband?

Yes i have broadband (2.2 meg)
Yes i use Firefox

Gimme  Gimme  Gimme   ;D ;D ;D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"To have the United States at our side was to me the greatest joy. Now at this very moment I knew the United States was in the war, up to the neck and in to the death. So we had won after all!...Hitler's fate was sealed. Mussolini's fate was sealed. As for the Japanese, they would be ground to powder

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 10:56:35 am »
HEre's more then you could use in a lifetime bro, It's for FF1.5, but the about:config stuff works with later versions also.

Stephen

PS, guess you want the link huh... http://www.tweakguides.com/Firefox_8.html

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War