Topic: What about snow?  (Read 1147 times)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
What about snow?
« on: December 29, 2005, 10:39:18 am »

Say Hello to Stanley

When it can drive as well as I in a blinding snowstorm, I'll be impressed. Nevertheless, this is pretty neat stuff!

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: What about snow?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 10:53:40 am »
From Page one, I thought this was kinda funny in a Military Intelligence kinda way.

The favorite was a CMU team that, fueled by multimillion-dollar military grants, had been working on unmanned vehicles for two decades. Its car went 7.4 miles, hit a berm, and caught fire. Not a single car finished.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
Re: What about snow?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 11:14:10 am »
From Page one, I thought this was kinda funny in a Military Intelligence kinda way.
Stephen

Stephen... you know damn well that the only thing funny about MI is the noises they make as you slowly strangle them to death for sending you out on a wild goose chase. ;)

As for this article, it sounds to me like we could simply give every 8 year old in the US a PS2 or Xbox (their choice of system) and have them drive our military vehicles by remote.

It would be a lot safer for the guy in the back seat running the experimental remote-controled .50 cal. ;D
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."