Topic: 2 V 2 TOURNEY (JAN 07/06) RULES SET  (Read 3685 times)

Offline TraumaTech

• DON'T PISS OFF THE KITTY
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
2 V 2 TOURNEY (JAN 07/06) RULES SET
« on: January 04, 2006, 08:40:49 pm »
2V 2 TOURNEY

fly with whoever you want be it cugs team,dyna teams or cug/dyna team

Tourney open to All pilots
OP version Firesoul's 4.0
Sign up Time: 8pm est  Just say ME and Wings Name in Game Spy OP Lobby  start time will be 20:30 p.m. eastern sharp
Rules in Effect for Tourney :

matches to be  best 2 out of 3/////Ships and Races maybe changed at the start of each game,but not once you have launched into a game and then have to restart that same match

Game Speed is 8 unless agreed by both Parties

NO X tech   NO heavy's   No dreads

2 Min. Lag/Drop Rule: Lag must be called with in first 2 minutes of Game start. if drop occurs before 2 minutes of game has been played , its an automatic RESTART. When more than 2 minutes have elasped in Game and a Player CRASHES or DROPS, The Wing must Play on to Games End unless Mutually Agreed by All parties to Restart Game/Match

10 Min. Forfeit Rule: You must Start Match within 10 minutes of Match Time or Team who doesn't show forfiets the Match

imediately below is an example of what a dyna load out is

basically it is like this:

example=152 Mid Frigs only.

Means your ship  must be a Frigate(in the frigate part of the shiplist)
your ship must be 152 bpv or lower.

As extras you are allowed(over and above the ship) :
full spare parts
full marines
full fighters of the best available
full shuttles
full drones of the fastest available(your choice of light or heavy drones)

[/color][/glow]

YOU CANNOT TAKE ANY SHIP THAT HAS MORE THAN 4 FIGHTERS/MORE THAN 2 PSEUDO FIGHTERS/OR MORE THAN 4 DRONES...However you can take a ship with 4 drones and 4 fighters as can your partner at same time

whatever is shown as a frigate in the frigate slot,will be a frigate,if you go to lite cruiser slot,and it is there........they are lite cruisers     movement ratios do not have a bearing on what constitute a frigate or lite cruisers for this tourney.

MISTAKENLY TAKING  THE WRONG SHIP COMBINATION RULE

first 2 minutes of game,either team may report themselves or the other team,with a free  restart(1 time )

2 MINUTES AND 1 SECOND  to 5 MINUTES into game...if opposing teams note that other side has a wrong ship combination,the first official penalty is given,and a restart occurs

if you note after 5 minutes and 1 second in play,that the other team has a wrong ship combination---> TO BAD <---  you will be S O L=SHIAT OUT OF LUCK,meaning game plays on to the bitter end(no penalty)

and f-12 must be taken of the improper ships combination as the only proof excepted

TO AVOID SOME CHEESE SELECTION,NO 2 IDENTICAL SHIPS MAYBE FLOWN TOGETHER IE: YOU CAN FLY THE SAME RACE,JUST NOT THE SAME SHIP AS YOUR WING   WHICH INCLUDES THE VARIENTS OF THOSE SHIPS          

AND EXAMPLE OF NO TWO IDENTICAL SHIPS WOULD BE    HDWM/HDWM1/HDWM2/HDWM3  WOULD BE CONSIDERED IDENTICAL SHIPS 

the default speed is 8 and default map is open  medium

round #1 lite cruiser only bpv 155 late 

round  #2  frigate only 120 mid     

round #3  frigate/lite cruiser mix 150 early<---has to be one of each

round #4  lite cruiser/frigate mix optional  130 mid

round #5  frigates only 125 late

round #6  lite cruiser/frig 150 mid  <---mix optional

round #7  lite cruiser only  110 early

FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP  MATCH UP,PROVIDED BOTH TEAMS AGREE,YOU  MAY TAKE ALMOST ANY SHIP YOU WANT UP TO 270 BPV's INCLUDING  DREADS/////  LATE ERA  BUT  NO X TECH /////SPEED TO BE AGREED TO/////WHATEVER TERRAIN YOU WANT///// DYNA LOAD OUT./////NO RESTRICTIONS ON DRONE RACKS /////NO RESTRICTIONS ON FIGHTERS/PF'S ///// ALL OTHER RULES STILL IN EFFECT///// 

IF BOTH TEAMS DO NOT AGREE TO THIS, THEN DEFAULT APPLIES,  Then whatever your last round was played in,the next round shall be considered the championship round  YOU HAVE 10 MINUTES TO MAKE UP YOUR MINDS,BEFORE DEFAULT MAYBE DECLARED            IE: if championship round is suppose to be fought in round #7 and you can't agree after 10 minutes, a team may declare default and you will fight it with original round #7  lite cruiser only  110 early

« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 07:11:31 pm by TraumaTech »

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
Re: REVISED RULES 2 V 2 TOURNEY (JAN 07/06)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 08:58:12 pm »
BUMP  :)

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
Re: 2 V 2 TOURNEY (JAN 07/06) RULES SET
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 01:50:02 pm »
BUMP  :)

Offline Riskyllama

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt.
  • Risky
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 12:30:24 pm »
um bump, because reading the other rules page is bad
Everything is sweetened by risk. ~Alexander Smith

Offline HW Cross-Fire

• Ensign
Excellent tournament rules, they are fair.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 12:54:36 pm »
That should work well for a tournament.  I am sick of the cheese central tournaments where if someone can get a carrier or X-Ship they take them.  I used to love playing SFC 2 when this kind of junk was limited and now we have a decent tourney where it is limited, sweet. 

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 05:13:25 pm »
Open Medium Map as default?

(and a bump)

Offline Austin

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 07:48:33 pm »
I recall in my last tourney, I raped X ships with DNs.... 240 late, I beieve it was. I don't know what the problem is with X1 ships, but I can see how if someone didn't take an X2 ship in an X2 battle, how you would be mad... but then that would be the selectors problem.

Offline Mutilator

• FSD whip
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 10:35:07 am »
Excellent touney! Had a lot of fun, little long of a wait between first and second round, other than that it was a blast!
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline HW Cross-Fire

• Ensign
2 v 2 Tourney Dream for the Cheesers.
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 12:59:14 pm »
Those tourney BPVs were fine but the full loadouts just gave more ammunition to the cheesers.  It was terrible they would pick whatever ships they could to get full fighters, full drones according to the rules and it sucked.  Alright, you just gave the cheesers in the CUGS and RFA Alliance more rope to hang you with, I hope you know that. 

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 01:36:10 pm »
Good tourney TT.  You, Josh, and whoever else helped, did a good job.

I was a little concerned w/ the D2 loadout rules, but it went well.  The limits on drones/fighters made a big difference and the rule on no two identical (or varient) ships of the same race also helped.  Only thing, in hind sight, that might be changed is to make it 1 game matches except for the final...on that one go 2/3.

Offline Sanfeng

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006, 02:03:45 pm »
Who won?... Risky/Lady or SoV?

good job guys.

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2006, 06:51:51 pm »
Excellent touney! Had a lot of fun, little long of a wait between first and second round, other than that it was a blast!

On behalf of Josh,Jmet and myself.....TY Mutt, all that participated.Your participations helps us to fine tune these things,so as someday tyo have soemthing everyone will like(ROFLMFAO) ,bur we will try to anyways  :)

quote author=HW Cross-Fire link=topic=163363470.msg1122669963#msg1122669963 date=1136746754]
Those tourney BPVs were fine but the full loadouts just gave more ammunition to the cheesers.  It was terrible they would pick whatever ships they could to get full fighters, full drones according to the rules and it sucked.  Alright, you just gave the cheesers in the CUGS and RFA Alliance more rope to hang you with, I hope you know that. 

Well you can always help with the rules developement?or at least give ideas with your complaints.this was the first time with dyna load outs in a tourney,and i suspect not the last,maybe with a few more tweaks.  example: maybe first two rounds have to be mid or early era=med speed drones and slow drones  just an idea amongst thousands...but you'll have to wait for thaose ones  :)   as for giving cugs and or rfa cheesers a break over everyone else...somehow i doubt that,it will almost always come down to the pilots skill as to who wins,unless in an incredibly lop-sided battle ship wise

Good tourney TT.  You, Josh, and whoever else helped, did a good job.

I was a little concerned w/ the D2 loadout rules, but it went well.  The limits on drones/fighters made a big difference and the rule on no two identical (or varient) ships of the same race also helped.  Only thing, in hind sight, that might be changed is to make it 1 game matches except for the final...on that one go 2/3.

TY Green,it sounds liek that is th epopular consenses re: 2/3 in first round.sounds like 2/3 might be better for championship round

btw   who won   what round did they win in     and did you use the championship settings re: 270 late upto dread class if teams agreed,or did you go with default settings?

762_XC

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2006, 06:59:58 pm »
Scuttlebutt has it that SoV won. GJ guys.  ;) :thumbsup:

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2006, 07:48:35 pm »
Scuttlebutt has it that SoV won. GJ guys.  ;) :thumbsup:

IF .....WELL DONE.................IF NOT TRY AGAIN,AND CONGRATS TO WHOEVER'S TEAM WON  :)       SETTINGS PLEASE,WHAT WERE THEY FOUGHT OVER?

hopefully ,we can expect more of the dyna dudes to show up.U talk the talk about community,but those of you,who don't try to make 1 or 2 of them at all....sure don't walk the walk.And before you throw in real life issues thingie , I am going through one right now(matter fact it pulled me off the tourney last night,at the very start of it....thx SANFENG,for filling in for me),for the past 3.5 months my wife and daughter have been separated,with no end in site,and it is wearing me down,but god willing,he'll help my wife and i find our way back to one another,so we may bring our beautiful 2.5 y/o daughter up as a whole family..............and right now,i am afraid   :'(

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 07:55:59 pm »
Well TT keep at it, and time will tell.  TY for the time you put into the tourneys(missed my 1st one this weekend).  +1 to you

762_XC

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2006, 08:26:33 pm »
Hey TT, I had fun this tourney.  :thumbsup: (Diggin the low BPV's!) Thanks for your efforts dude.

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2006, 09:16:07 pm »
thx all  Josh Jmet and i are endevouring to please,also special mention to grim and warchild for helping to pare down the rules

Offline Riskyllama

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt.
  • Risky
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2006, 07:09:44 am »
Scuttlebutt has it that SoV won. GJ guys. ;) :thumbsup:

scuttlebut was right. I take full responsibility for screwing up, especially against cougar and green playing it smart. I hate that I crashed out when Green blew up, but I wasn't too far from gone myself, so it probably didn't matter. GG SoV. GG ladyfreak
Everything is sweetened by risk. ~Alexander Smith