Topic: Hexx, you bastard!  (Read 2989 times)

762_XC

Hexx, you bastard!
« on: January 22, 2006, 01:19:44 pm »
Can we PLEASE lose the 3v2 rule now? This may quite literally be the dumbest rule ever put on a server.

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
Re: Hexx, you bastard!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 01:24:06 pm »
and I would ask to keep it, sorry 762, but I dont have a problem with it.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 01:33:20 pm »
I don't even know what it is!  :D  :P

But yes, Hexx is a bastard!  :-*

762_XC

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 01:40:32 pm »

Of course you don't, your house has 8 people on at any given time.

Right now there's no point getting on the server with less than 3 people.

Aside from that, it encourages DROPS, and having no redraft rule in place makes things even worse.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 01:52:39 pm »

Of course you don't, your house has 8 people on at any given time.

Right now there's no point getting on the server with less than 3 people.

Aside from that, it encourages DROPS, and having no redraft rule in place makes things even worse.

t00l, there is NO need to insult Dfly, we are all entitled to our own opinions.   His differing from yours isn't grounds for a veiled insult.

Feel free to insult Hexx as much as you like  ;D
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

762_XC

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 02:47:33 pm »
No insult was intended. If Dfly would care to elaborate on his position, perhaps we could have an intelligent debate on the subject.

I have listed three very good reasons why the rule is a problem. No one has yet listed any positives.

I'll add a fourth: shiploss dumps you in an E4 variant.

Net result of all this: Because we are a PvP house, I can't afford to get on the server right now.

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 03:29:19 pm »

Net result of all this: Because we are a PvP house, I can't afford to get on the server right now.

<sniff> Dreams really do come true..
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Riskyllama

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt.
  • Risky
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 11:35:55 am »
Alirght intelligent debate: tool lay off the scotch, you make too easy a target drunk. Not that I dont mind you drunk...its points for my team. Honests intelligent facts here folks.
Now down to the real point of this...
Hexx are you saying two pilots complaining is enough to make you reverse your decisions? Or did they threaten to take away nap time?

If I understand this correctly, a outnumbered C7 has the same rights to run vs an outnumbered D7W in a Pvp house. Thus a C7 can attack at whim not fearing what it drafts, because if stuck in a 2v1 it can't win, it can disengage with no points penalty just like any other ship.

As for the D7, any other pilot would be a fool to actually fly with a partner or partners. As long as you're fully stocked, you at least have a chance for points. Now anytime some doesn't like what they see(more than 1 ship), they turn and run. Its the stupidest server decision change ever. I came out of mission barely able to make speed and a KHH pilot seeing two ships ran before figureing out what sort of status I was in. In the old rules I would have to have worried because he might've decided to come after me, in the new rules I throttled to max speed at green alert and watched him run without a shot fired.

The age of fleets is gone. Fly alone folks, its safer...
Everything is sweetened by risk. ~Alexander Smith

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 12:09:25 pm »

The age of fleets is gone. Fly alone folks, its safer...

Good

The concept idea for KCW was try and aid the pilots who are out for those 1v1 kills rather than
the ones who like getting two buddies to fly with them so they can jump solo players and kill them.

Again- I really don't see this as an issue (obvioulsy other than the confusion I've caused)
Every other server (that I can think of) in the last two years or so has rewarded the pilots who fly as fleets over
those who prefer to fly alone for PvP. While I would expect it for most servers, I personally believe the idea that
it's necessary is as questionable  as t00l's earlier suggestion that having 3v2's needed to be fought out was
somehow penalizing players of Houses with fewer numbers more than the disengagement penalty did on other servers.

The rule was changed because- in my opinion- it would as you suggest create more 2v2's and 1v1's

Anyways- If the C7 (or D7w/D5L/E3B) flees, they're still out the hex for an hour. If you feel the need to kill a C7 ,issue a challenge while using one, have your C7 player
jump and kill their C7 player, issue a fleet challenge that includes your C7 jockey, take one down with a D7w.. there are still a myriad number of ways to kill one
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Serverkit Development Team
  • Lt. Commander
  • Scripter and general nuisance
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 12:59:14 pm »

You Bastard!

(for the amusement of the hexxagonal one)

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 06:42:13 pm »
Guys , Risky, there is a clause still in the rules which states:

"if a PVP house's C7 is chased off the field,bad things happen.
 The House Leader is overthrown and the C7 must be assigned to a new player
 (this may circumvent the 5day rule) The losing pilot may NEVER be transferred the C7 again though.
 (The House Leader can still run the house- really a RP decision)"

Therefore running around alone in a C7 will most likely get you out of it if you run into a few good pilots by either destroying your C7, or forcing you to  run off the map in a C7, which in effect forces you to give it up.

Offline Riskyllama

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt.
  • Risky
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 06:50:44 pm »
is that still in effect since there's no disengagement penalty still?
Everything is sweetened by risk. ~Alexander Smith

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 06:52:48 pm »
according to the final rule page, all rules on that page supperceede any other rules in other rule threads.  So ya, that one would stand.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2006, 08:18:59 am »
Hexx, you liquor soaked, drama queen, vertically challenged, Lyran, Klingon wannabe bastard! Get yer poop in group man!  :D