Topic: 103 inch plasma TV  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Stormbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Lt. Commander

Offline Just plain old Punisher

• Vice Admiral
  • I'm not facist, I just like wearing jackboots
Re: 103 inch plasma TV
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 01:45:58 am »
::sputters:: Eh huh duhsss jheihhjiodejode

Sorry, I'm not coherent right now.

::sits down and breathes into paper bag::

"Sex is a lot like pizza.  If you're not careful you can blister your tongue". -Dracho

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 03:33:39 am »
There is a lawsuit in Austrailia about plasma TVs right now.  Seems that if your station/show has a steady image such as a sports logo you have burn in.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 08:39:27 am »
There is a lawsuit in Austrailia about plasma TVs right now.  Seems that if your station/show has a steady image such as a sports logo you have burn in.

Dam*.. I've got to keep the TV tuned to more Baywatch..
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Stormbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 11:35:21 am »

It is my understanding that was a problem with the earlier technology but that the newer models do not have that problem.

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 12:19:29 pm »
No, last i checked its an ongoing problem with the technology.  Not to mention the fact it is pretty much a dead end technology at that.... You can only shrink down the pixels for a plasma screen so much (laws of physics are a pain in the arse aren't they ;)) not to mention the fact that they have a relativly short lifespan for the price you pay for them.... Personally i would stay away from them, there is alot more going on in the LCD side of things, and that technology is only going to get better as time goes on.
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Just plain old Punisher

• Vice Admiral
  • I'm not facist, I just like wearing jackboots
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 05:18:55 pm »
Yup, plasma screens last around 4-5 years..then kaputski.

"Sex is a lot like pizza.  If you're not careful you can blister your tongue". -Dracho

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 10:53:09 am »
Those station IDs in the lower corner came about because those with ratings diaries etc, couldn't remember what stations they were watching. Sad but true. The TV industry has made them less bright, but they won't be going away any time soon.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel