Topic: Starfleet Command 1 missions  (Read 11863 times)

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • No Replacement For Displacement
Starfleet Command 1 missions
« on: February 02, 2006, 12:49:05 am »
The Organians...the Mountain Watchers...the Traveller's death...The Mirror Universe...

Long ago when I had first heard of Starfleet Command (in an article in Star Trek The Magazine), I had wanted to play this game, badly.
Later, I had the opportunity to play a demo (and TCP/IP multiplayer) at a friends house.

I had decided to see if I could find it, and managed to track down a strategy guide (The one by Interplay/Sybex)...but alas, I had to move in with my father...whose PC was woefully underpowered. (1.96 total hard drive memory.  RPG2K games lagged on it.)

I decided to make the best out of the situation, and read the guide anyways.  It only made things worse.

Now I have both SFC2, EAW and OP both.  But this is only the latter half of the events that transpired in Starfleet Command.  Events that I'd like (and probably others would as well) to play out firsthand.  From dogfighting with my mirror self to fighting off Decker and a fleet of planet-killers heading towards Earth. 

I have the missions from SFC in a zip I downloaded from somewhere.  But I'm wondering what things have changed since.  How can I get the campaigns to work in EAW/OP?

And...if I have a goatee...does my mirror self have one too?

::ALCHEMIC EDIT::
Oh...snap...I just saw the forum I posted this in...
Need sleeeeeep....beeeeeeeeeed....
Sorry about this.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: Starfleet Command 1 missions
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 09:09:43 am »
The SFC1 mission sources are here:

http://klingon.stasis.ca/sources_and_utils/SFC1_scripts.zip

Not really sure how to go about updating them for OP, but a close examination of those sources and the latest OP scripting API should give you some clues.

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 09:45:58 am »
Thanks.  And thanks for moving the topic :p

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 11:48:07 am »
 ;D

Big bump!!!

SFC1 Mission: Repair Rondevous...  For SFC: OP PLEASE.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Stylsy

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 07:18:21 am »
;D

Big bump!!!

SFC1 Mission: Repair Rondevous... For SFC: OP PLEASE.

KF

Seconded, for the umpteenth time. :)

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 01:47:51 am »
Sorry, I've just recently gotten back online on a new PC.  I mean within the last couple weeks.

My old Dell 2400 died this september in a power surge.  Taking everything that was on it with it; all of my textures, most of my custom sprites, all of my music and movies, and the modified mission ("Errand of curiosity", the first mission in the SFC1 federation campaign) are history.

I could never get errand to work, though. (Not very good at basic, at all.  And the dos-esque Windows VB compiler made my head spin.)

That is not to say it can't be done, but it's beyond my expertise.  Free time is also at a premium for me right now, I'm in college full-time, working at night.  So I'm really lucky if I can get in four hours of FFXII. 

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 01:05:02 pm »
I felt the need to bump this.
It would really be amazing to play the original Volume 1 missions on OP. If there's any way I can help to do this I will.

Robbie

Offline JohanobesusII

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 07:56:52 am »
Yes, it would be incredibly awesome, but let's face it, it's never going to happen.  The missions would have to rewritten from scratch, and there are hardly any active scripters for SFC left.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 06:31:40 pm »
Here's a Repair Roundevous mission movie on Youtube:

Qapla'

KF

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 03:00:26 am »
Yes, it would be incredibly awesome, but let's face it, it's never going to happen.  The missions would have to rewritten from scratch, and there are hardly any active scripters for SFC left.

I don't believe that it's a total rewrite (or even close). It would be a lot of work though. Don't ever say never though. I'm going to be doing some work with the API (Just reinstalled C++ on my new PC). I'm a total noob, but have written some basic skirmish scripts for OP. Once I get a bit better at it I want to look at the sources for the old SFC1 scripts. I'd like to see the SFC1 scripts available for OP myself.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Stylsy

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 01:39:53 pm »
Great stuff Rod, just what kind of Skirmish scripts have you made?

Also, you should make Repair Rendezvous top of your list of SFC1 conversions! ;) Pretty please...

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 02:31:59 pm »
Hi Stylsy,
Good to see you around again. Plain skirmish duels (no timed events or anything) with map objects. Having probs with victory conditions, ATM. I'm gonna keep working on them though. ;)
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline JohanobesusII

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 06:25:58 am »

I don't believe that it's a total rewrite (or even close). It would be a lot of work though. Don't ever say never though. I'm going to be doing some work with the API (Just reinstalled C++ on my new PC). I'm a total noob, but have written some basic skirmish scripts for OP. Once I get a bit better at it I want to look at the sources for the old SFC1 scripts. I'd like to see the SFC1 scripts available for OP myself.

I certainly hope you do it.  That would make you my favorite SFC modder of all time.  If I had money I'd pay you.  But, and I mean no offense, I learned a long time ago not to get my hopes up over big projects.  It's not personal, and I sure hope you're one of the exceptions, but big projects almost never get finished.  Even with the best intentions and most devout work ethic, real life can get in the way of things like this.

Offline Stylsy

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 02:24:58 pm »
You know what would also be cool?

Having the 'Technicals' made into OP Skirmish missions, always found those to be fun. I'm gonna load up SFC1 again cause there is so much I have forgotten about in that game. :)