Topic: WIP Chabot Refit....  (Read 23435 times)

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• There is life outside of Windows..
  • Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
  • Starbase Atlantis [X-refit]
    • 9th Fleet
Re: WIP Chabot Refit....
« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2006, 08:07:08 pm »
Readme finished, and the Ship Description is a TGL format, but it will require that people have BC Mod Packager installed to install the TGL into BC... :S
Starfleet Headquarters out.

Fleet Commodore, XenoCorp, ISC Fleet.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2006, 11:06:59 pm »
So I guess that all that's left is to show a picture so we can all wet ourselves and break our jaws on the floor?
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2006, 11:15:47 pm »
It's coming.  Keep a fresh pair of underwear handy.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2006, 01:06:06 am »
or for some of you start wearin underwear.

I am curious to see how this ship looks in BC, I know how it looks in SFC 2 and 3. so looks like it might be before the christmas season after all.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2006, 02:02:36 am »
I look forward to that time.  Maybe I should get more into character.  I don't think Darkseid would ever wet himself, nor speek of it.
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2006, 11:20:22 am »
Chabor Refit finished.. just passing some final testing then its good to go.. should be uploaded to BCfiles today.

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2006, 01:13:26 pm »
OK, its been submitted to bcfiles :D

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2006, 02:16:33 pm »
OK, its been submitted to bcfiles :D

Sweet !!!!!!!!! Now release the SFC versions  ;D

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2006, 02:35:01 pm »
She is a magnificent vessel.  I look forward to seeing her in my fleet.  Tell me, how does she fit, size wise, compared to the Excelsior and Sovereign class vessels?

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2006, 03:55:09 pm »
You shall see ;)

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2006, 04:07:19 pm »
I need to get hold of mdcobbin.  He usually uploads the ships that I submit.  I never submit the ships to the SFC3Files e-mail addy because they've always come back as undeliverable.  In the meantime though, I'm going to upload it to Outalance.  When the ship is finally posted on BCFiles, then I'll make the link available for the SFC version.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2006, 04:13:20 pm »

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2006, 04:22:58 pm »
F_W, first chance you get, if you see this message before you log onto MSN, get hold of me on IM first thing please? 

I want to get this started off right.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2006, 05:58:04 pm »
One of those looks like it went through a purple dye marker.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2006, 06:10:18 pm »
hehe yeah its more of a blue GAFY

Just wondoering how many of the blended colours I had in the textures washed out when you did that?
Don't know how they would come out, they tend to disappear if you were not careful doing the hue shift.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #155 on: July 20, 2006, 01:59:14 pm »
The hue Shift is how I blended allot of that colour in. Most would be surprised at the colour hidden in there Greens, Purples, Blues, Reds, Browns and alittleYellow.. Using hue shifting I paled them into the overall gray look for the ship. It is that pale nature that makes them easy to disappear if you are not careful. But it also looks as though you shifted the whole texture including the metallic areas in one shot. The BurnessedGold and Bronze probably will need shifting back or in another direction, they would go to Yellow for the Blue look I think.

Offline darkthunder

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • If you see me running, try to keep up.
    • digital-Underground
« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2006, 01:38:01 pm »
I downloaded the black version of the Chabot from BCFiles. And man is it awesome. Is it possible to get blank's of the registry textures, to create a more personalized Chabot?

Also, will the blue colored version be released at some point? I figured the black version would be more of a frontline battlecruiser or something, whilst the blue colored version would be during peacetime doing exploration, and more towards the science.
// Darkthunder

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #157 on: July 21, 2006, 01:52:01 pm »
I want the ship to be out for a while before I release the blanks, but I will release the blanks.  And the blue version, just needs some minor tweaks here and there to help differentiate it from the standard production.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2006, 12:38:00 am »
Anything I can do to help?

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2006, 06:52:25 am »
In which area would you like to help?  I certainly wouldn't pass up an invitation for help.

As for the blanks, I'll release them, but as I said, I want the ship to be out for a while.  And for the blue variant, only changes that I can think of is modification of SFC3 specs to reflect the loss of two sets of impulse drives and 2 additional shuttle bays. 

Not sure how much more F_W has to go on the blue panel variant.