Topic: Anyone care to volunteer a model update package for OP+4.0?  (Read 11360 times)

Offline Tumulorum Fossor

• Lt. Junior Grade
Anyone care to volunteer a model update package for OP+4.0?
« on: February 11, 2006, 06:44:07 am »
So periodically, like a lot of us, I gravitate to and from SFC-OP.

I'm now in a "gravitating to" cycle.

Usually this involves having to update everything, especially OP+ (thanks again, Firesoul!).

And this work is made MUCH easier thanks to Pestalence's OP Enhancement Package (still at v3.2, like when I last gravitated to SFC). (thanks, Pestalence).

But it appears v4.0 seems pretty darned established, including its extensive model inputs.

However, some of the modellers out there have been putting out some damned good stuff since 4.0, which, I believe, had its one year birthday last month.  In fact, it was Khaliban's model for the F-CA Yorktown, which I happened to come across, that got me thinking:

Is it time to "update" some of the models in 4.0?

If so, does anyone have any suggestions for model changes they would make?  Some of the REAL exceptional ones that maintain the spirit of SFC/SFB/OP+ of authenticity, detail, and LOGICAL DESIGN while maximizing variety is what  I'm talking about.  There are so many different SSDs incorporated into OP+, and, like I said, it's about a year old, so I think it'd be nice to periodically enhance it.

It's just that since I'm not as regular a visitor as I should be, I'm not at all qualified to figure out what are those special models that should be integrated, and I'd love to hear what our community has tagged as some of the most significant models to have come out since OP+4.0 (basically the past year).

-TF

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: Anyone care to volunteer a model update package for OP+4.0?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 04:54:38 pm »
Um, ok it's three years later, but you just might have something there. If someone were to compile a new set of models (or multiple sets ;)) complete, with shiplist assignments, all readmes intact and permissions checked where possible, in an OP+4 compatible model folder layout (unique to your model set) as well as model.siz entries packed up in a 7-zip archive and posted for download... I can probably reconstruct the installer. But we should check with Luc to make sure it is OK with him, and if so, he might be able to provide the original installer script... (actually that just might be on klingon.pet.dhs.org) if so, we just need to ask FireSoul.

Offline rmcin329

• NOOB
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 08:44:51 pm »
sounds like a interesting idea.  Seeing fresh ship designs and models once in awhile is rather nice.  Personally i'm not really creative enough to make them myself, but i hope someone else does.

Offline Tumulorum Fossor

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 11:08:51 am »
Whelp, 3 years later STILL...
... and still no NEW MODEL PACK!?!

Anyone?  Any of our modellers have a kick-ass model assignment setup that they'd care to make the NEW Model standard for OP+4.0?

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 12:32:16 am »
Whelp, 3 years later STILL...
... and still no NEW MODEL PACK!?!

Anyone?  Any of our modellers have a kick-ass model assignment setup that they'd care to make the NEW Model standard for OP+4.0?

The NEW Model standard for OP+4.0?   What are you asking for ? Bc models converted ? New theme models ?  Ask the mod maker!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 01:04:48 am by Kreeargh »
Time for life!

Offline Tumulorum Fossor

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 06:24:17 pm »
Whelp, I guess what Iam asking for are a collection of the favorite models assembled since the op plus models file was initially created, but with the models assigned to multiple different variants.  Since storage capacity for data is so much greater than what it was, even then, HUGE libraries of HD models assignedto individual variants should be much more practical, right?