Topic: Ghosts of Starfleet Command  (Read 94894 times)

Offline Fluf

• KOTH Fluf Duke of Pies
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Always at fault
    • Knights of the Hegemony
Re: Ghosts of Starfleet Command
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2010, 08:29:17 pm »
Ahh the memories!  ;D
Patriarch Knights of the Hegemony
SFC2.net Admin
SFC3.net Admin
Battlezone Admin
Litterbox Admin

Offline _Rondo_GE The OutLaw

• Commodore
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2010, 03:26:01 am »
Hey Guyzs
It's me DIFJoshCUGS nice to see old guyzs still about. DIF Fleet is back and getting ready for STO, hope to see ya'll there or on forums.

your SFC Community Angel
DIFJoshCUGS 8)

Yo Josh!

Wassup!

GroundZero

« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2010, 06:33:21 pm »
JOSH!!

Offline 3rd Phoenix

• Ensign
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2010, 08:17:21 pm »
Greetings All - it seemed fitting that I post in this thread.

I can be reached at ICQ 36114484

Offline Hollis J Wood

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2010, 05:40:26 pm »
well looks like someone has been busy

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2010, 08:40:56 pm »
Yo Wood. Long time no see dude. Miss your modeling!

Offline Hollis J Wood

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2010, 08:46:45 am »
been working stupid housr at my 2 jobs I have not touched Max in about 5 years but I am starting to look at getting back into it I have a tone of ideas

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2010, 06:27:58 am »
Hollis nice to see you back  ;D

Offline Feral Cat

• Ensign
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2010, 01:00:47 pm »
Greetings all. Boy does this bring back memories. Not even sure how I stumbled across this. But the best gaming ever with the General War Campaign et al. Unbelievable. It is coming back to me as a Mirak fleet member and playing Romulans of all things in the campaign just to prove they could win. I am going to be finding and getting a copy of these old classics and reinstalling as soon as I can.
This game was so far ahead of its time. The internet and the network coding never quite lived up to what could have been. Oh the days of 6 people online with 12-18 total ships and everyone hoping nobody would drop cuz it had taken hours just to set everything up...

Well. If anyone is getting a campaign together or at least has access to the old campaign files, I would love to check them out...

FC

Offline Steel Claw

• Ensign
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2010, 10:39:13 am »
WOW!!

What a blast from the past!

I hope there are some campaigns forming. It would be cool.

Offline FVA_C_ Blade_ XC

• Forum Czar
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Yep,I did it.
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2010, 10:46:51 am »
Several are in the works,BUT with the problems with vista and win7 dealing with the multiplayer side of the game,they are waiting for a fix.

XP still works fine for MP tho.
FVA_C_Blade_XC
XenoCorp Fleet Operations
www.xenocorp.net
ISC Race Moderator
Visioneer
S.S.Blade

See Wade,See Wade post like an arse,See Wade get banned.
Dont be a Wade!

Offline FailedJedi

• Ensign
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2012, 04:52:35 pm »
I recall the old SFC glory days. MOK. NT. IEA. ;)

Failedjedi signing in.

Great links.

Offline Farfarer

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2012, 08:06:06 pm »
I would be back in a flash if the game would work with  Win 7 ( or 8?)

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2012, 07:39:07 am »
I just started playing STO. It's fun, but damn I miss SFC!

Offline JS

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2013, 01:29:19 pm »
Boo.   

Offline Seandals

• Ensign
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2013, 07:22:55 pm »
Boo!

Just wanted to say hi! I'll type up a formal post in a few hours but I needed to hit something here to remind me lol

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2014, 12:46:57 pm »
Wow!  This old thread is still kicking?? 
LOL !
Man does that ever bring back some old memories!  Hard to believe that since that time I've sold my bass boat (several years ago now); the man who owned one of the best boat sales/repair shops in the area is gone  (back when the crash took place) ...   And I now do my own ship models.

Nanner finally retired from WOW  (with 2 epic toons in tow).  Yes, he was that competitive (upper 2% of the best guilds on line). 

What I wouldn't give to have had a "figure print" of my favorite ship I used in the SFC days to set beside the one I have from WOW.

BTW...   thanks to those of you who took the time to dig up all of those old archives.
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2015, 04:39:51 pm »
Sorry for being necromatic, 9th Fleet has had a change of command with the sad news that Reprisal / Sharpe has stepped down due to RL commitment. The following is the announcement post.

----------
Attention on Deck!

It is not often that we have the opportunity to write posts such as these, but on this occasion it more than qualifies. Many of you are well aware of Admiral Sharpe, the longest serving active Ninth Fleet Officer and our longest serving Commanding Officer. Though we have all played alongside him on numerous occasions I believe that his greatest efforts for the fleet are present in the work he has done behind the scenes over the past fifteen and a half years, every since the first few months that Ninth Fleet existed, back in 1999. Without him this fleet would not be where it is today. I would even go as far as to say that this fleet may not have even still been around if it wasn't for the dedication of people like our good friend, Sharpe. That makes what I am going to say next even more important and historical for the fleet.

Earlier this week, Admiral Sharpe informed us of his intentions to retire due real life work commitments. After serving over a solid fifteen years in the fleet, I can imagine that this wasn't a choice that was made too easily, but Sharpe has always had the best interests of the fleet at heart. Knowing that he will no longer be able to serve as our CO, he has made the decision to retire. Today (Saturday, February 28th, 2015) is to be his last day as a Ninth Fleet officer.

I think all of us here will agree that whilst we all had our differences at times, both between the Admiralty and Operating Ranks, we all looked up to Sharpe to keep things in check and make the decisions that needed to be made at the right time. For me personally, the Ninth Fleet will not be the same without him. When Admiral Spartan retired in November 2009, Sharpe took over as the Fleet CO (for his second stint I might add) and I knew that we were in good hands. Not only that, but to date he is the longest serving CO that this fleet has ever had, once again showing the confidence we have all had in him and the dedication he has for this fleet. In the words of Fleet Admiral Ghis, the founder of this fleet: "Sharpe (Reprisal) [...] came to us and did us proud"
High praise indeed. Shame you never got your Fleet SEAL crest though!

Moving forward, as of 0600 UTC on the 1st of March, the following arrangements will be in place:

Rear Admiral Richard Sochin is hereby requested and required to relieve Admiral Sharpe and assume the position of Commanding Officer, Ninth Fleet at the rank of Admiral. Congratulations, Sir.

Rear Admiral EC Gadget is hereby requested and required to assume this position of Executive Officer, Ninth Fleet at the rank of Vice Admiral, on the request of Rear Admiral Sochin.

Commodore Chris Ralston is hereby promoted to the rank of Rear Admiral and is to continue his work as the Commanding Officer of the STO Division. Congratulations!

Fleet Captain Sulfrus is hereby promoted to the rank of Commodore with all rights and privileges therein. Well done, and welcome to the Command Staff.

Captain Omdra is hereby reinstated at the rank of Commodore at the request of Admiral Sochin and Vice Admiral Gadget. He is to assume the role of advisor to the Fleet CO and XO. Welcome back, your office is still how you left it last (barring perhaps a few dozen - or thousand - tribbles).

Admiral Sharpe is hereby awarded the Fleet Service Medal, Medal of Honour and the Gold Cross.

Lastly, on behalf of the Command Staff and the entire Ninth Fleet, I wish Reprisal (Sharpe) the very best and I hope you really do find time (and internet) to pop in every now and then! You'll always have friends here and your name will certainly be remembered for decades to come. And now, we look to the future whilst building on our past. Thank You.

Offline MoK_JAZZ

• Ensign
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2016, 02:51:41 pm »
lol, that was the well known names? Ghis, Canuck, but Phoenix was a noob, lel.