Topic: A Problem When Adding Ships In SFC3 + Bonus Question  (Read 2604 times)

Offline MysteryGoat

• Ensign
A Problem When Adding Ships In SFC3 + Bonus Question
« on: March 09, 2006, 01:08:24 am »
I seem to be having a problem when adding more than one downloaded ship. I add the specs into the corrisponding species (fed, rom, klingon) and the game crashes on me when I try to enter a skirmish. I add the specs at the bottom of the page and only one ship will show up.

(for illustration) Right now I downloaded the Prometheus & Valdore and trying to input them into the game. I put the valdore in (at the bottom) a long time ago and it seems to be working, aside from the fact that I never see one flying around. Anyway I enter the Prometheus just underneath that, it doesn't show up in spacedock or library. I switch the two, valdore underneath prometheus and now the pro shows up fine but the valdore is nowhere to be seen.

I fail to believe the game only has enough room for one additional ship. I have dozens of ships I'd like to enter and I think it'd be real stupid if they made it so I couldn't put them in. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Another question that's been bugging me. Is it possible to give each race a different color shield? I downloaded a shield pack and I'd like to use more than one at a time. I think it'd just look cool too.

Offline S31-Riptide

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Chaotic Network & SFC3.net
Re: A Problem When Adding Ships In SFC3 + Bonus Question
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 04:48:58 pm »
http://www.sfc3.net/padb/index.php?act=view&id=41

try this tutorial out... if this is not enough post again, and I'll dig up a ton of links to tutorials and more!

Offline Overmind

• Borg Collective
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • « Resistance is Futile »
    • http://overmind.50megs.com
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 10:13:40 am »
[...]

Are you adding the specs from MS Excel or something similar ?
If you do, do not use insert cells command.
Go to first cell of begining of a raw and use insert raws function.
On the blank raw, write your new ship specs (or copy-pste them, but oly on blank row, because otherwise, the column-raw matrix of the file will change and the specs will not match any more).

As for the shield pack... install latest patch from http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com; it has different shield colors enabled.
Individuality is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. Negotiation is irrelevant.
Termination is inevitable. Assimilation is inevitable. The End is inevitable.
Fun is illogical. Confort is illogical. Recreation is illogical.
The Standard is inefficient. Peace is inefficient. Diplomacy is inefficient.
Emotion is a design flaw. The Reality is Unreal. The Truth is classified.

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 08:30:49 pm »

If he's adding the Valdore at the bottom of the DefaultCore and DefaultLoadOut files ........ it ain't gonna show up in game.

They need to be listed properly in that race's ship list.  Below is an example of the Rom list in my DefaultCore file. The Valdore
is highlighted.

I've had no problem editing the files with WordPad.  It's always wise to make back ups of these files before editing them.

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.