Topic: Someone please help me. PLEASE i beg you!  (Read 3765 times)

Offline sirjag

• Ensign
Someone please help me. PLEASE i beg you!
« on: March 28, 2006, 07:37:36 pm »
Greetings,

First of all thank you for taking the time to read this.  My name is James and i am in the US Navy. I have been in the Gulf supporting our marine's for almost 14months now.  I bring this up for two reasons: 1) i hope you'll feel sorry for me, and 2) so it will help explain the problem i am having with Star Trek Starfleet Command 3. 

Now for the explination:  I am afraid i beleive its against the rules to disscuss it here, i am not sure, but just in case i wont post it.  What i am asking for is for someone with real good computer skills (modding and such) to shoot me an email.  sirjagnuke22@yahoo.com is the address.

please.  i know someone out there could spare a few minutes to help me out.

thanks again,
James
USN

Offline sirjag

• Ensign
Re: Someone please help me. PLEASE i beg you!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 06:25:06 pm »
No one??  Please??

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 07:55:56 am »
Your question is not clear. Go ahead and post your actual question, if it is inappropriate it will be edited.

I do not mod SFC3 myself but there are others here who know it pretty well. If your question is general enough I may be able to help out.

Offline S31-Riptide

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Chaotic Network & SFC3.net
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 10:49:42 am »
Ask and you may even recieve!

Offline Julin Eurthyr

• Veltrassi Ambassador at Large
  • Lt. Commander
  • Back in Exile due to Win 7 - ISC RM/Strat Com.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 12:53:52 pm »
If your question concerns on-line play, using the military network to connect, I can understand your reluctance to post.  SFC has a history of issues when being played from behind a router, we could post enough generic instructions that you, and your computer people on station, should be able to adapt that to let you online (if that's approved by command).

If your questions concern SFC / Hardware interaction, and you're playing on a system of your own (personal laptop), then post away, there are no problems with posting about purely personal questions even though you're on a military installation.

If your asking about a SFC / Hardware issue and are playing on a military computer, we could try to help as much as possible, as you aren't able to post system specs which could be key.  The gang here will probably cite their fixes used for various hardware combinations though, and you could pick the one that's most appropriate.

If the questions are just about the campaigns themselves, ask away... :)

<salute>

AKA: Koloth Kinshaya - Lord of the House Kinshaya in the Klingon Empire
S'Leth - Romulan Admiral
Some anonymous strongman in Prime Industries

Offline sirjag

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 02:05:14 pm »
it has to do with connecting to the servers for online play with a CD key that is not your own.  i Basically lost my old CD case when i went to the gulf and had to put all my crap into storage.  so i when online and found one that will let me install the game but not connect to the D3 servers.  I need help getting around that.

thanks everyone!

james

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 06:12:46 pm »
Ah, you were correct in your assumption, that question is not really kosher. Sorry, we can't help ya there. (feel free to edit your post). No harm done.

You may want to check to make sure your inablilty to connect to the Activision D3 is not due to some other reason (NAT issues, firewalls etc...).