Topic: The Forge II - Info and feedback  (Read 50853 times)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: The Forge (2nd run) - Info and feedback
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2006, 10:32:44 pm »
The Forge server and webmap is back up. I didn't update the missions yet, I'll get to that tomorrow or Sunday, had too much stuff on the go today.

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2006, 07:10:45 am »
Hmmm...just has a weird thing happen...twice in a row...I had my drones stripped from my fleet....first time one ship....fled out of mission...went to dock...showed default reload...went to hex...took mission....this time my whole fleet had no drones...

I'll try and repeat....

Had the samething happen to me the other night. Took out a MDC with a full load of Type IVs. Took a Asteroid Base assalt mission. Had a L-SR come out, when I went to blow it up with a cross the "T" maneuver. Thats when I found that I did not have any Drones :o       RUN AWAY   RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!  ;D

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2006, 08:20:23 am »
That is baffling... perhaps I'll have to turn mission names back on to see which missions are involved... though I suspect network delays may be responsible... I can't trust anything until they are eliminated...

I'm going to have to get on there and play a bunch of missions myself to see if I get the same thing.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2006, 09:41:04 am »
Mission scripts updated, just the latest versions of ED's AI stripping missions, and the stock starbase construction mission replaced with Dave's new base placement mission.

New mission pack here: http://www.dynaverse.net/downloads/sfc2_op/Scripts/TheForgeScripts.exe 1.09 MB (same place as usual)

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2006, 10:43:17 am »
Just so ya know, sometimes missions are still pullling out-of-era AI.
Flew a few with Khellian, drew an X-BRO in a Asteriod base Assault.
Have seen this just a couple of other times, I'll try to notice if it's certain missions or not in the future.
Not a real big deal, just an FYI.  ;)
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Serverkit Development Team
  • Lt. Commander
  • Scripter and general nuisance
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2006, 10:53:14 am »
Have seen this just a couple of other times, I'll try to notice if it's certain missions or not in the future.

If you get the chance to note which missions do that it'll help a lot - some of the missions call different Taldren methods to generate the ships, so we might be able to isolate which ones draw from out of era.

Although IIRC the asteroid base assault only uses the stock draft method, so it might just wind up confusing me ;)

thanks!
dave

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2006, 10:54:19 am »

The X-BR0 is an Orion ship and is in era. (YFA=5 YLA=999) All the orion cartel ships are X-___, do not mistake them for X ships. Please check the shiplist if you suspect a ship is out of era to save me the trouble of looking it up, thanks.

I just ran 6 missions in a droner, a nice mix of ET and ED missions, I supplied between each mission and was not missing any drones at any point. But the network is behaving well at the moment, not getting any delays on the webserver... I am suspicious that the network delays may also be interfering with the dynaverse server and supply is where you are seeing the effect. Time will tell. I'll get back on later and try some stock missions and an asteroid base assault as that was mentioned.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2006, 10:56:44 am »

If you get the chance to note which missions do that it'll help a lot - some of the missions call different Taldren methods to generate the ships, so we might be able to isolate which ones draw from out of era.

Although IIRC the asteroid base assault only uses the stock draft method, so it might just wind up confusing me ;)

thanks!
dave

See my comment above re the X-BR0.

I am using the stock asteroid base missions. The only missions of yours currently on The Forge are:

Met_ED10Patrol.scr
Met_ED10PatrolEnemy.scr
Met_ED17Patrol.scr
Met_ED17PatrolAllied.scr
Met_ED17PatrolEnemy.scr
Met_ED5FleetAction.scr
Met_ED5PlayerFleet.scr
Met_ED6Patrol.scr
Met_NWBasePlacement.scr

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2006, 11:01:29 am »

The X-BR0 is an Orion ship and is in era. (YFA=5 YLA=999) All the orion cartel ships are X-___, do not mistake them for X ships. Please check the shiplist if you suspect a ship is out of era to save me the trouble of looking it up, thanks.

I just ran 6 missions in a droner, a nice mix of ET and ED missions, I supplied between each mission and was not missing any drones at any point. But the network is behaving well at the moment, not getting any delays on the webserver... I am suspicious that the network delays may also be interfering with the dynaverse server and supply is where you are seeing the effect. Time will tell. I'll get back on later and try some stock missions and an asteroid base assault as that was mentioned.

Ah...srry, didn't realize that. I just saw the "X" and assumed.  ::)
It didn't really last long enough for me to see if was firing X weapons or anything.  ;D
I'll look more closely at the ship before I say anything next time.  ;)
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2006, 11:02:59 am »
No problem dude, feedback is much appreciated, just do your best to make sure its accurate.

Offline Riskyllama

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt.
  • Risky
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2006, 12:29:33 pm »
This prolly needs to go in one of dave's threads, but i forgot to check which mission: Was running around with Standarte last night and passed through several asteroid hexes. The asteroid patrol missions seemed to put most of the enemy AI in a location in which they couldn't dodge a rock. They were promptly exploding within 3-5 seconds of mission start.
Everything is sweetened by risk. ~Alexander Smith

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Lt. Commander
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2006, 12:50:10 pm »

Thanks Risky, I'd noticed that as well - the new maps should clean up some of that (cross fingers)

dave

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2006, 02:13:59 pm »
Running missions this morning and found that when I draw a TG mission. The AI that I'm pulling are a little out of date. Was pulling HWDs as allies and as foes. the year is mid 74. It was only on the TG missions that this was happening.

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2006, 02:32:29 pm »
Also my char Soreyes is Ghosted. Took a mission with Chuut . Countdown went to 0. Boom now Ghosted :(

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2006, 03:17:59 pm »
Also my char Soreyes is Ghosted. Took a mission with Chuut . Countdown went to 0. Boom now Ghosted :(

Have you rebooted your PC yet to try and clear the ghost?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2006, 03:23:39 pm »
Running missions this morning and found that when I draw a TG mission. The AI that I'm pulling are a little out of date. Was pulling HWDs as allies and as foes. the year is mid 74. It was only on the TG missions that this was happening.

I need exact "Class" values to verify against YFA/YLAs in the shiplist. (e.g. F-CA) Actually which I'd prefer if you verified yourself before reporting as reqested of LordKrueg above.  Note there are 20 hydran HWDs out in 2272.

Offline Riskyllama

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt.
  • Risky
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2006, 07:37:47 pm »
Met ED5 had a DDZ as "reinforcements" out of era

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2006, 08:59:09 pm »
Met ED5 had a DDZ as "reinforcements" out of era

The I-DDZ (YFA=16/YLA=40) is indeed out of era in 2274. Thanks Risky.

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Lt. Commander
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2006, 09:07:06 pm »
Bugger.  Well, knowing it's the reinforcment ship that's out of era I know exactly which routine is causing the problem then.  (Thanks for that info Risky!)

Unfortunately, that reinforcement routine is currently used in all those ED scripts, so we'll probably be seeing that elsewhere too until I get a fix out.  There is an alternative I can use - will just have to go through and make the substitutions.

EDIT: OK, I've gone through and substituted a different mCreateShip for the reinforcements throughout the ED missions, and an updated pack is uploading at the moment.  I'll leave Bonk with the unfortunate decision on whether to pull the current EDs, substitute them, or let 'em go for awhile.  (And thank god I'm not an admin ;D - thanks Bonk!)

Thanks for the info!
dave
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 09:32:49 pm by NuclearWessels »

Offline Riskyllama

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt.
  • Risky
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2006, 09:15:36 pm »
also wheres the help on planet assaults and yard assaults?
there used to be ai in both, now its just me, the enemy DN and the phaser armed planet. Not very pretty.