Topic: Ben Affleck as Capt Kirk?!?! WTF?!  (Read 9027 times)

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
Re: Ben Affleck as Capt Kirk?!?! WTF?!
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2006, 07:13:23 pm »
Affleck will play Gary Mitchell....Everyone seems to forget about him... >:(

"Didn't I say you'd better...be good to me?"

;)

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2006, 10:47:37 am »
Will Wheaton.  Or that guy that plays the mathemetitian's brother on Numbers.
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2006, 11:12:27 pm »

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2006, 09:13:45 pm »
Ben Affleck sucked as Ryan. Harrison Ford was and is the only actor in Hollywood suitable for that role. His character seems to match Ryan's: simple, average... the kind of guy that stumbled into greatness and upon who's sholders it rests uneasily.

Going to have to totally disagree with you there. The only one who played Jack Ryan properly was Alec Baldwin. he was the right age and had the proper look. Ford was way, way too old for the part.

Oh. And The Hunt for Red October was the only movie that did justice to the novel. All the rest sucked big time.
Only in America .....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2006, 10:11:22 am »
Ben Affleck sucked as Ryan. Harrison Ford was and is the only actor in Hollywood suitable for that role. His character seems to match Ryan's: simple, average... the kind of guy that stumbled into greatness and upon who's sholders it rests uneasily.

Going to have to totally disagree with you there. The only one who played Jack Ryan properly was Alec Baldwin. he was the right age and had the proper look. Ford was way, way too old for the part.

Oh. And The Hunt for Red October was the only movie that did justice to the novel. All the rest sucked big time.

Baldwin was a prettyboy, and his version of Jack Ryan was pushy and snobbish; that wasn't Jack Ryan. Harrison Ford- though older than Jack should have been- was a quiet, humble everyman with a rather plain look... Jack Ryan to a tee.

Clear and Present Danger was the truest to the book of any of the Ryan movies- Patriot Games was OK right up till the ending, and Hunt was too doctored to make Jack look superhuman.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2006, 11:19:22 pm »
I liked both Ford and Baldwin.  Ford captured the character Tom Clancy thought he was writing.  Baldwin captured the character as he actually seemed as I read the novels.

Face it, Ryan is a bit snobby.:)
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline SkyFlyer

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2006, 10:45:17 pm »
GD it all I will play Kirk. That settles that.
Life is short... running makes it seem longer.

"A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer