Topic: Dath'mar #2  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Governor Ronjar

• Lt.
  • 'None Farther...'
Dath'mar #2
« on: May 25, 2006, 11:40:40 pm »
   Here is the second in my lil' 1-page stories featuring Dath. Enjoy...
                Klingon Interlude
   Part Two

Captain Dath’mar stepped onto the bridge compartment of Governor Ron’jar’s cruiser and surveyed it with his sole remaining eye. This control deck was akin to many others in the fleet. Klingon compartment design had never changed much. The Empire went with whatever was proven to work. Toward the aft was the engineering, environmental and damage control stations. Just behind and to the right of the command chair was the helm. Left and right of the center seat were science and communications. Forward were the twin gunnery stations. There was little difference between this bridge and his aboard the destroyed Gro’mokh.

Dath’mar approached the communications console, where the Governor and one of his men were eyeing Romulan comm intercepts. The dark skinned CO looked back at his guest with the slightest of motions. “Yes, Captain?” He asked, voice low, dark.

Fire had burned within Dath’mar since his decision to remain in the fleet. His desire for vengeance had yet to abate. He drew a breath as a warrior might when about to join battle with a superior opponent.

“I must have a command.”

Ron’jar looked more fully at him this time. The officer between them continued to work silently as though hearing nothing. The Governor took a step nearer to the Captain. “I have conferred just such a request to the nearest squadron commander. Colonel La’ra agrees with you.”

Dath’mar’s dark eye blinked.
   “You’ve already sent the request?”

It had only been a few hours since Ron’jar had asked him whether he would be remaining in the fleet. The shorter Klingon nodded once. “I anticipated your answer.”

Dath’mar found that presumption a bit arrogant, but did not wish to argue the matter. He was getting what he wanted, after all. He nodded to himself. “Then I must also inform you that I intend to seek revenge on the Ya’wenn prison planet for their treatment of my men. I will bring them to their knees.”

Ron’jar picked up a data module and handed it over to the black uniformed warrior. Dath’mar eyed him suspiciously. He looked down at the words shining back in blood red. Ron’jar turned back to the comm station as he began to speak.

“Your wishes and Colonel La’ra’s orders are in concordance, then. He has ordered you and your vessel to enter Ya’wenn space via the route detailed in that package and engage in unrestricted raiding actions against that world. He says he would very much like to see that Over Warden’s head on your cabin wall.”

Dath’mar’s jaw jutted forward in satisfaction. These were the orders he wanted to carry out. Perhaps serving under La’ra in this region would prove amicable after all. If only he’d had a commanding officer this compliant years ago. Perhaps Kruge would not have lived so long…

“And my ship?”

“She will arrive at Goesa’vaina shortly after our arrival. Her name is the Pang. She is an older cruiser, a D-7. Similar to your old ship. However, since the destruction of Praxis, the Empire has elected to give its older vessels extensive refits rather than build more to replace them. Pang has more modern weaponry, upgraded shields and a K’t’inga-Class reactor. She can make warp nine. Her former captain was killed by his first officer, but La’ra did not feel there was sufficient reason for the removal and ordered that officer killed. Now Pang belongs to you.”

Dath’mar could feel pride swelling within his chest. His heart thundered at the thought of the glory, the honor of such a command. He hoped the ship was very much like his previous one. He thought of the vengeance he would visit upon the Ya’wenn. They would pay for their villainy.

In blood.

Dath’mar looked the Governor in his eyes and saluted, fist to breast.
“The honor is to serve.”

Ron’jar returned the salute and watched cautiously as the newly recommissioned captain left the bridge.

END.
'It's a lot of hard work being a mean bastard...' --Captain Eric Finlander, CO USS Bedford (The Bedford Incident)

'Jaken...are you pretending to be dead?' --Lord Sesshomaru, Inuyasha.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Re: Dath'mar #2
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 11:53:27 pm »
Excellent Job!  Let's see that Overwarden crumble!
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 09:17:01 am »
Hehehehe.

Yeah, that's all I gotta say.  It sums this one up nicely.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

KBF-Frankk

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 01:20:01 pm »
Hehehehe.

Yeah, that's all I gotta say.  It sums this one up nicely.

agree  :flame: :flame: :2gun: :2gun:

Offline Grim Reaper

• The 4th Horseman, the Lord of Death
  • Lt.
  • Beyond the apocalypse
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 02:42:14 am »
It's time for pest control.

btw Guv me like
Dath’mar found that presumption a bit arrogant, but did not wish to argue the matter. He was getting what he wanted, after all.

stuff like that. it's the little things that make it work (that and interpunction - I've read more than my share of paragraph long sentences)
Snickers@DND: If there is one straight answer in that bent little head of yours, you'd better start spillin' it pretty damn quick, or I'm gonna take a large, blunt object, roughly the size of Kallae AND his hat and shove it lengthwise up a crevice of your being so seldomly cleaned that even the denizens of the nine hells would not touch it with a 10-feet rusty pole