Topic: Trek Enhanced  (Read 3283 times)

Offline Starkiller

• Lt. Junior Grade
Trek Enhanced
« on: July 22, 2006, 03:01:10 pm »
Not sure if you guys saw this, thought for sure Stoney would *slobber* love it...

http://www.trekenhanced.com

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Trek Enhanced
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 03:27:07 am »
That's pretty killer.  Personally, I'd like to wait a bit before something like this is undertaken and maybe update some of the interiors as well.  Of course that's a touchy subject for some, but c'mon.  You can't exactly expect it to gel well, and as long as you are doing some things updated, why not "adjust" the rest of it.  Now, I agree with him that it should be done by someone with a respect for the original series and not just an efx crew looking to cash in.

I thought it was funny looking over his resume on his site.  Pretty extensive work done there, some high end, and lower end stuff, but then something caught my eye... Gigli - Storyboard artist (fired)  I guess you could commend him on his honesty, or was it just an effort to distance himself from that hallmark of cinematic greatness. ;)

Offline Starkiller

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 11:18:26 pm »
I applaud the gentleman from deep in my soul for attempting to bring the same kind of 'enhancement' to the TOS as I think that many of the SFC community have sought to perform on SFC.  I love the thought of seeing 'continuity' in the effects, and I just love the thought of him performing this magic on an episode like the M5 Incident.

I think a redone interior would be cool, too, but it would sacrifice much I think.  It would be too time consuming to work around the original actors and dialogue, too expensive to justify when you know those with the power would just as soon remake it all in their image...

Admittedly, any attention to Star Trek is good attention, and only good can come from any of this ;)

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 11:21:37 am »
True, it may take too much time and effort (spelled 'money') at this point, but the technology may exist down the road that can replace the sets, and perhaps costumes, in an automated fashion, and only requiring "man hours" for touchups.  That's why I think it's best to wait before embarking on such an endeavor.  Still, it looks great and could look even better today.

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 12:46:38 am »
after watching this, i'm all for it. i am a little apprehensive about an interior redo as you would have to screw with actors, dialoge, etc...

but i definately want to see more from this guy!
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Starkiller

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 09:05:16 pm »
well, crap.

with the announcement that the next Star Trek movie will be TOS, I think he should wait on further trek enhancements.  I would recommend seeing what they do with the TOS Technologies.  God, I hope they actually stick to the Franz Joseph designs... The potential for seeing some awesome TOS ships is just too great ;)