Topic: DS9/Voyager emh  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
DS9/Voyager emh
« on: March 20, 2007, 11:01:06 am »
in season 5 of ds9 doctor Zimmerman was creating a long term emh like bashire, maybe like a MK III or IV emh, but in voyager not sure the season when the send there emh to the Prometheus we see the emh MK II  who was experimental at the time, later when the voyager emh was send to the alpha quadrant to help doctor Zimmerman, the doctor wanted to send them a MK II or MK III to replace the MK I, so if the MK I is the one on voyager and the MK II is the one on the Prometheus, is the one look like bashire a MK III or the MKI for the long term mh?

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Re: DS9/Voyager emh
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 11:20:38 am »
Bashir was not selected to be the LMH because of his Genetic Enhancements.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 12:23:13 pm »
Bashir getting bashed because of his enhancements always struck me as a great storyline...here they are in the future and you know, they STILL can't get away from discrimination and petty prejudice!
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 04:51:53 pm »
its a bit weird, because of its genetic modification they wont use him as a mh.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 06:05:36 pm »
Its part of what I liked about DS9.  They weren't afraid to show the darker side of trek.  Bashir and the other augments, Sisko and his "I can live with it."  Quark and his pure greed.  It showed so many facets of the Trek universe that we just didn't get from the clean and proper TNG.  Even VOY, fighting for its surivival didn't touch the darker side nearly as much as DS9 did.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 07:24:36 pm »
yea, the computer problem and that the officier are not all pure white, the have dark side and can be jerk.