Topic: BattleMaster & Succession Wars  (Read 6395 times)

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
Re: BattleMaster & Succession Wars
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2006, 10:22:52 am »
Heh.  Got the Stealthy Tigers.  They were always one of my favorite BT units.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2006, 12:54:47 pm »
Heh.  Got the Stealthy Tigers.  They were always one of my favorite BT units.

I got Selvin Kelswa(what the hell kinda name is that anyway?), Duke of the Tamar Pact, so we're both Steiner. Excellent!

Facing the DC, (in the immortal words of Bill and Ted) "Bogus..."   :2gun:

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2006, 08:50:38 am »
They got us outnumbered. 

The poor bastards. :rwoot: :2gun:
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."

Offline Father Ted

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2006, 09:20:59 pm »
I've already got some strategery working, even though I don't know exactly what's at my disposal. I got my roster yesterday, and it's huge. With merc units, I can start thinking about offensives, or a defense that will give Kurita a serious black-eye.

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2006, 12:39:01 am »
The Tigers are on Loric.  Is that in the Tamar Pact?  If so, we should start discussing my fee and what you want blown the hell up! ;D

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2006, 01:32:08 am »
Your Archon, HRRNighthawk, is a very good player, I've dealt with him before when he was going to play a Mercenary, and I continue to deal with him now that he heads the Lyran Commonwealth as PIC of the Mercenary Guild.  You guys are in good hands... kick some Kuritan butt.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2006, 01:22:42 pm »
I don't understand this online game at all.  You sign up for something that doesn't seem to exist yet, and the previews of the interface look like little more than some simple webpages with some faction symbols.  Any explanation of how this thing is supposed to work would be of interest to me.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Father Ted

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2006, 09:17:45 pm »
They got us outnumbered. 

The poor bastards. :rwoot: :2gun:

'There's great chaos under the heavens, and the situation is excellent'-Uncle Duke(yeah, I'm a Republican, but Duke rules!)

Offline Father Ted

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2006, 09:34:41 pm »
The Tigers are on Loric.  Is that in the Tamar Pact?  If so, we should start discussing my fee and what you want blown the hell up! ;D

I don't think it's up to me who get's raises among the merc units, but Stealthy Tigers would be first on my list. They've always been loyal to Steiner and deserve a raise. No promises, but I'll see what I can pull with the Archon.

In the meantime, start looking at good defensive positions, as well as where you want to spend a couple of months campaigning. We didn't come to stare at each other....  :rollingpin:

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2006, 12:07:03 am »
Just remember, I got some spare jumpships if you need to move something to a near by DC planet quickly and quietly. :flame:
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2006, 04:01:37 pm »
Its essentially a replacement for Play By Email type games that many of us on this site played in the past.  You enter your orders on these webpages, then when the GM clicks, process turn, it follows your orders as well as it can (which is why orders are button based instead of text based)  Battles are fought in a computer, and your pages are updated.  Then you repeat the process.  Grapically it is supposed to be very limited to allow for even Dial-up users to play on it with little loss of control ability.

I may get into more details when I get back from work...assuming I don't crash as soon as I get in.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)