Topic: BattleMaster & Succession Wars  (Read 6399 times)

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
BattleMaster & Succession Wars
« on: July 29, 2006, 07:14:56 pm »
Not so new game out there but I'm having a blast playing it...

The game is called BattleMaster.  It's a Massively Multiplayer Web Based game.  Set in the Middle Ages time period, a player controls up to three characters (but only two on any one continent), these characters are known as Troop Leaders and command a Force of men, ranging from 1 to 80 or more.  You can choose to command a legion of Infantry (armed with swords and shields), Archers, Cavalry, or a mix of Infantry and Archers.  As you participate in battles, your honor and prestige grows, which also expands the number of troops you can command.  As it stands at the moment, you can only command ONE unit, whether that is going to change or not is unknown at the moment.

I am currently only using one of my avatars.  I have enlisted into the army of Tara on the continent of Atamara.  A dozen other factions exist on the continent, and several other continents exist.  Turns only take about 5 to 10 minutes to play at the most.  There are two turns a day, each one set to go at a little after 12 EST.  The game mechanics are well thought out and run very smoothly.  They are constantly adding new content.

Check them out here:  http://battlemaster.org

A new game about to enter its Beta Stage:

Set in the BattleTech universe. (forty foot tall war machines that can take out entire cities with little effort)  This game is strategic only, the entire Inner Sphere is open to conquest, you command a force ranging from a Company (12 BattleMechs) to Multiple Brigades (thousands of BattleMechs).  Your goal is whatever you want to make it, but the ultimate goal should be the conquest of the Human Sphere.  For those with a background knowledge of the universe, the game is set to take off in 3025, as the Third Succession War is coming to a close.  Political Intrigue, Overt and Covert Military Actions, the Inner Sphere could erupt into a Fourth Succession War at any moment.  Adding fuel to the fire, all the Deep Periphery players are available, including medium sized nations at the near periphery to the Inner Sphere, to long lost smaller sized nations, to the Clans, waiting to reforge the lost Star League with the blood of any that oppose them.  There is currently no time table to the beginning of the Beta Stage, although it is expected to start by the end of the year.

http://www.successionwars.com

There is no charge to play either game.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Re: BattleMaster & Succession Wars
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 07:32:09 pm »
OHHHHHH.... Daddy Likes!

I was a Front Commander for House Marik when Mechwarrior was on GEnie.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 07:38:34 pm »
That's good...we could use some more Marik Players...  ;D
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 07:43:52 pm »
Steiner Combat Rule #1:  Outnumber the enemy.

Steiner Combat Rule #2:  With Assault 'Mechs.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

762_XC

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 10:17:23 pm »
Does it cover the Clan invasion?

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 10:37:59 pm »
That is entirely up to the Clan Players.

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 11:04:21 pm »
Interesting, I shall have to check them out.
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 11:19:08 pm »
If you have any questions, flag me down, (At least for Succession Wars, It'd be like the blind leading the blind for BattleMaster) I wrote most of the FAQ for Succession Wars, so if its not clear...yell at me.  :)

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 09:00:15 pm »
Sent ya' a PM.:)
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 09:13:12 pm »
Replied to you...in both places...Captain.  ;)

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 09:34:17 am »
When can you sign up to join the fun on Succession Wars? It's time to dust off my old Steiner uniform and see if it still fits. ;)

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 11:19:41 am »
Anytime you want.  8)

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 11:23:37 am »
I tried signing up and never received the email to activate the account
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 11:29:53 am »
I think I might get into Secession Wars. Where is everyone at so I can find a faction?
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 11:43:26 am »
Wow.... this is sweet looking... reminds me of a game we once held back in the hayday of our table top games
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 11:59:00 am »
I think I might get into Secession Wars. Where is everyone at so I can find a faction?

All the units I applied for are mercs, so I can hook up with anyone...unless I get my 5th choice.  Then I'm a scurvy pirate.:)

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 12:02:03 pm »
Dracho: Check to see that your spam filter didn't get it. If that's not the case, I'll talk to speck when I see him tonight about resending it to you. Just give me the name you went to sign up with.

Carney:  I am the Mercenary Unit Khorsakov's Cossacks, at this point El Roy has not confirmed anyone else from this forum to thier positions but it looks like from sign up, that La'ra is going Mercenary, and Father Ted is going Steiner.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 12:11:27 pm »
tried to sign as Dracho... email dail@swbell.net

SPAM didn't get it

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2006, 12:17:04 pm »
Gonna ask for the 242nd Hussars cause they got their own jumpships.... :flame:
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 12:20:26 pm »
All right, I'll talk to him tonight, Dracho.

EDIT: Dracho, I just looked at the user list and your name isn't on there, you might need to try again.