Topic: From Spike to Spock....Look what my Joss Whedon Geekiness has found.  (Read 2851 times)

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
A re-imaging of Trek with James "Spike" Marsters cast as Spock.  And check out Bones, perfect, or what?

http://www.startrekreborn.net/photogallery.php?album=1
"Look at him now, poor fellow. That's what a dose of reality does for you... Never touch the stuff myself, you understand. Find it gets in the way of the hallucinations."

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
Re: From Spike to Spock....Look what my Joss Whedon Geekiness has found.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 10:16:10 am »
Wow, that's pretty groovy.  I do have a problem though.  Chief Sulu?  What the heck?  You gotta have Scotty, I mean c'mon!  Sean Patrick Flannery as Kirk is an interesting choice, as well.  I kind of dig the uniforms too, it's like they bridge the gap between the first movie and the later movies, while still having a little flavor of TOS.  Probably the coolest part anything there.  They definitely need an artist for their comic though, as the MS paint done with a mouse art they have up there isn't worthy of the project, imo. Sure, they at least got them looking like people, but it's really rough.

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 11:55:05 pm »
Sean Patrick Flannery?

I LIKE it. He's a wonderful actor,and very underrated for the many different parts that he's played. The Sharpes' movies are some of my favorite war movies (I own the box set) and he even has that ability tospeak... in short... jerky sentences!

I like the other casting options as well, though I too must insist on them having Scotty, Sulu, Chekov and Uhura in their proper places.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 12:20:27 am »

Who the heck is Demora?

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 11:11:47 am »
Star Trek Generations: Demora Sulu is Hikaru's daughter
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 09:15:04 pm »
Ugh!  Did you check out the "new" nacelles they put on the Enterprise?  I was totally on board until I saw that.

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 10:03:43 pm »
Ugh!  Did you check out the "new" nacelles they put on the Enterprise?  I was totally on board until I saw that.

THey still haven't finalized the design yet either.

Enough fan resent... er, ENCOURAGEMENT might convince them to change things up a bit. ;)
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 12:13:21 am »
Heh, it's not like I posted this there. :D  They say how jazzed they were about the new look, and it's been in the works for a while, as you can see the pointy tips in a previous incarnation, and then they redesigned the whole rest of the nacelle to "match".  I love the uniforms and some other stuff though (where the heck is Scotty?!?!) ;)

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 02:07:04 pm »
Kinda diggin the jet-engine-look to the nacelles.

REALLY diggin the shiny look of the hull.
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 05:20:59 pm »
Yeah, but... *cough*... it's not a jet engine. ;)

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 09:43:03 pm »
Yeah, but... *cough*... it's not a jet engine. ;)

durrr.... No kiddin', but you know how bad-ass each and every Naboo-based ship looked on Star Wars, and how those engines looked and they're obviously not jets?  Yeah, the new warp nacelles are <that> kind of bad-ass.
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 11:19:40 pm »
Yeah, but correct me if I"m wrong, but the Naboo ships did go into the atmosphere, so they could easily be considered air intakes, right?  On the Enterprise, sure it did go into the atmosphere a couple of times I think, but the nacelles are where the matter and antimatter are combined aren't they?  I'm going to have to check on that in the old tech manual, but at the least it's where plasma is driven through the warp coils to cause a warp field.  It's almost like putting a toilet in the middle of the bridge.  one has nothing to do with the purpose of the other, imo.  Or perhaps giving Spock long ear lobes instead of pointed ears.  Still deformed ears, but just the other way.  Would it be in the spirit of the original Vulcans? Probably not.  Plus, in general the look of the other elements are to somewhat modernize, and yet the nacelle appears to be an uber-retro stylized thing.  Plus, just because a SW ship looked cool for what it was doesn't mean it works elsewhere.  Do we make the saucer a big triangle because the Star Destoryers looked awesome?  Maybe we start gluing old model parts on the hull everywhere because that looked cool too, imo.  Maybe Spock can start using the force and they'll all pack light sabres instead of phasers (or in addition too).  Oh, well.  No big deal in the end.  It's just a fan thing, and nobody is forced to like it, as it's not canon (and even if it was, nobody would be forced to like it, they'd just be forced to live with it).