Topic: =/\= Trek Enhanced gets the go-ahead!  (Read 2757 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
=/\= Trek Enhanced gets the go-ahead!
« on: August 29, 2006, 07:27:51 pm »
or so it seems.

being reported at slashdot.org as well as Trek movie report. it seems that the trek enhanced project is a go, this is exciting for me and probably my bud starkiller as we both have thought for some time that a modern upgrade to certain cgi graphics were in order. just ask starkiller, he will go on and on in tirade mode if you let him ;). j/k starkiller. don't delete my i.d.! but seriously, after many discussions on the subject to see this article, warms my heart!

http://slashdot.org/articles/06/08/29/1230213.shtml  there is the slashdot article.

here is the trek movie report article http://trekmovie.com/2006/08/28/star-trek-tos-gets-redone-with-new-cgi/

notice on the right pane, the mock-up (dare i say leaked still or photoshopped nightmare?) of matt damon as kirk...who's that pointy-eared fellow?

"Over a month ago it was announced that CBS was selling a new broadcast TV (not cable) syndication package for the original series. At the time it seemed a bit odd to try selling a 40 year old show to local TV stations, especially after it has just been sold to yet another cable outlet (this time TV Land…home of retro TV). The Trek Movie Report has now learned from trusted insiders, that CBS Paramount are actually offering an HDTV enhanced version of the Original Series with new state-of-the art CGI visual effects."

read the rest for some interesting rumor!

BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Starkiller

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: =/\= Trek Enhanced gets the go-ahead!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 11:19:04 pm »
*droolz*

Yeah yeah yeah... we need to see the original enterprise redone in CGI, sure... personally... I want to see the Klingons get some eye candy as well ;)

The prsopect of some real combat effects bettwen the Old Connie and some D7s is making  me all warm and fuzzy, mmmmmmm... uh ... oops, sorry, sat on a tribble.

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
Re: =/\= Trek Enhanced gets the go-ahead!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 09:13:43 pm »
I have them all, and will be sending them to Stoneyface for distribution.

That is all.

Regards,

Frey
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.