Topic: Hope y'all haven't forgotten this place... Dath'mar #4  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Governor Ronjar

• Lt.
  • 'None Farther...'
Hope y'all haven't forgotten this place... Dath'mar #4
« on: September 11, 2006, 11:31:43 pm »
Klingon Interlude
Part Four

“So…you don’t agree with my orders?”

Governor Ron’jar took a moment before answering Colonel La’ra’s question. La’ra knew full well that was not what he’d just said. This was just the elder Klingon’s way of coaxing information out of him. Never mind that the information would be forth coming anyway.

“That is not what I said. I question Dath’mar’s motives in this new commission.” He replied at last. The light skinned, round headed warrior in the center of Ron’jar’s cabin monitor seemed to consider for a time.

Ron’jar did not feel completely comfortable going to his commanding officer in this manner. Dath’mar had done nothing to really warrant this action. Ron’jar just had a…feeling. An instinct. Sending the captain out on this mission was a bad idea. For the time being, Dath’mar was unstable.

“You believe he is driven by revenge.” La’ra did not ask it as a question.

“Indeed.”

La’ra nodded his concurrence.

“I believe you are correct. But the question is…does his desire for vengeance cloud his capacity for command? Dath’mar is a cold and malicious soldier.”

“Normally.” The governor agreed. “But ten years is a great deal of time to have one’s mind filled to bursting with hate. He may make mistakes. Mistakes that will cost lives.”

La’ra stared back without reaction.

“You agreed with me to post him as captain of the Pang.”

“Yes.”

“You don’t support him now?”

Ron’jar glared at the obstinate expression on his friend’s face.

“I support his commission. But I believe he requires the test of another sort of mission before we loose him upon the Ya’wenn.”
La’ra was already shaking his head before Ron’jar finished.

“No. The Ya’wenn are ripe for retaliation. I only regret I don’t have another couple of cruisers to send in with him.” The colonel sobered for a moment and studied the governor. He did place weight in Ron’jar’s caution. He didn’t always agree with him, though. “Watch him. He reports to your base. If he shows sign of…stress…reassign his ship.”

Ron’jar could live with that order. He raised a sole finger to kill the comm link to the Hiv’laposh.

“By your command.”

Hope this is to y'all's liking. Next time I'll post ch.1 of my next Endeavour story. Till then, let the mud fly at this lil' thing.

thu guv!
'It's a lot of hard work being a mean bastard...' --Captain Eric Finlander, CO USS Bedford (The Bedford Incident)

'Jaken...are you pretending to be dead?' --Lord Sesshomaru, Inuyasha.

Offline Grim Reaper

• The 4th Horseman, the Lord of Death
  • Lt.
  • Beyond the apocalypse
Re: Hope y'all haven't forgotten this place... Dath'mar #4
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 12:35:05 pm »
I feel most for letting show his hand in a stresstest like Ron'jar. But if no time is present, La'ra's pov has merit too.
Snickers@DND: If there is one straight answer in that bent little head of yours, you'd better start spillin' it pretty damn quick, or I'm gonna take a large, blunt object, roughly the size of Kallae AND his hat and shove it lengthwise up a crevice of your being so seldomly cleaned that even the denizens of the nine hells would not touch it with a 10-feet rusty pole

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 04:01:44 pm »
I like it!

Just can't think of anything else to say about it!
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Governor Ronjar

• Lt.
  • 'None Farther...'
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 11:51:43 pm »
Nothing really TO say 'bout this one, really...

It just shows what Ron'jar thinks about Dath'mar's mind-set. For some reason, tho...I had to write it...
'It's a lot of hard work being a mean bastard...' --Captain Eric Finlander, CO USS Bedford (The Bedford Incident)

'Jaken...are you pretending to be dead?' --Lord Sesshomaru, Inuyasha.

Offline Scottish Andy

• First Officer of the Good Ship Kusanagi
  • Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 09:39:36 am »
I second Larry's comments... such as they are.  ;D
Come visit me at:  www.Starbase23.net

The Senior Service rocks! Rule, Britannia!

The Doctor: "Must be a spatio-temporal hyperlink."
Mickey: "Wot's that?"
The Doctor: "No idea. Just made it up. Didn't want to say 'Magic Door'."
- Doctor Who: The Woman in the Fireplace (S02E04)