Topic: =/\= teleportation getting... umm closer? or is that farther apart?  (Read 2499 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
anyway, some major developements here. more than just single atoms now. from slashdot.org (one of my favorite geek/tech sites)

"The experiment involved for the first time a macroscopic atomic object containing thousands of billions of atoms. They also teleported the information a distance of half a meter but believe it can be extended further.

"http://science.slashdot.org/science/06/10/04/2026231.shtml"  <===slahsdot.org article

the original yahoo news article can be read  "http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061004/sc_nm/science_teleportation_dc_1" <===here!

pretty cool developement, star trek is even referenced in the yahoo article. trek rulez!!!
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: =/\= teleportation getting... umm closer? or is that farther apart?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 09:41:21 am »
In one of the science magazines StormBringer loaned me they had a feature story on teleportation. I'll try and find it again, and scan it in for ya.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline NCC-1701-V

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • To boldly go where no man has gone before.
Re: =/\= teleportation getting... umm closer? or is that farther apart?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 08:38:44 am »
Hmm... methinks tis teleport tech is only a few tests away from reality...
If the Future of Star Trek is about the change of everything....

...then I will NEVER be the same old NCC-1701-V!