Topic: IE 7 has been released  (Read 7243 times)

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
IE 7 has been released
« on: October 19, 2006, 09:39:50 pm »
It was released last night. I guess there has already been a hole found.
Only in America .....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• There is life outside of Windows..
  • Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
  • Starbase Atlantis [X-refit]
    • 9th Fleet
Re: IE 7 has been released
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 05:02:58 am »
I have been using IE7 beta 3 for a while and really have like it :) .. I think I will stick with my current beta 3 version for now since there really is no reason for me to upgrade to the official release.
Starfleet Headquarters out.

Fleet Commodore, XenoCorp, ISC Fleet.

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 06:42:32 am »
It was released last night. I guess there has already been a hole found.

Already??!?  My gosh those hackers sure didn't waste any time did they??!?  Thanks for the tip though, I'll download it tonight when I get time...  and get my other computer issues figured out.   ::)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 01:48:00 pm »
I don't know, I went ahead and grabbed it last night, and IT might just be me not giving it time, But Firefox still seems abit faster and cleaner for me personaly. I know It might be how they handle cached websites, but loading the same site over and over, FF still seems abit faster and crisper to me.

Maybe I just need to give IE more time. BTW, does IE 7.0 use .png correctly now?

stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 02:12:27 pm »
IE7 loads everything almost instantly for me.. even on Dial Up :)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 02:17:47 pm »
It's possible, IT might be the Sattelite Con, that I use. Like I said, I'll give it some more time. I don enjoy that they are using tabbed Browsing again, and the one headache that FF gave me was fixing that damn " ' " or " / " opens the find window when posting. Even turning it off didn't work that well.

I am glad to hear that it works fast on dial up though, IT gives me an excuse to grab a few more HD's and tell the wife, that my current drives, are slowing down the internet for everyone, so I need to upgrade to larger and faster ones.  ;D

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 11:03:14 pm »
About the IE 7 defect.

Link to full article

These reports are technically inaccurate: the issue concerned in these reports is not in Internet Explorer 7 (or any other version) at all. Rather, it is in a different Windows component, specifically a component in Outlook Express. While these reports use Internet Explorer as a vector the vulnerability itself is in Outlook Express.

It appears not to be in IE7.  Unfortunately due to Microsofts "integration" of components into the OS rather than just bundling them together you can't uninstall OE to avoid the bug.  One of my pet beefs with Microsoft.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 10:01:35 am »
I don't know, I went ahead and grabbed it last night, and IT might just be me not giving it time, But Firefox still seems abit faster and cleaner for me personaly. I know It might be how they handle cached websites, but loading the same site over and over, FF still seems abit faster and crisper to me.

Maybe I just need to give IE more time. BTW, does IE 7.0 use .png correctly now?

stephen

I know that I am still using firefox. and I just can't see me switching back to IE for regular use. I still have to use it for some pages and Windows update of course. I just thought that I'd let peole know that it is out there.
Only in America .....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 11:12:18 am »
What dissappoints me is that I was hoping they would make IE CSS compliant but apparently they didn't so web designers have to go through all sorts of gyrations to create a page viewable by IE and FF.  Typical MS, use their market share and non-standard practices to shut out competitors.
Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.  – John Adams (1814)

www.lp.org

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 04:51:15 am »
About the IE 7 defect.

Link to full article

These reports are technically inaccurate: the issue concerned in these reports is not in Internet Explorer 7 (or any other version) at all. Rather, it is in a different Windows component, specifically a component in Outlook Express. While these reports use Internet Explorer as a vector the vulnerability itself is in Outlook Express.

It appears not to be in IE7. Unfortunately due to Microsofts "integration" of components into the OS rather than just bundling them together you can't uninstall OE to avoid the bug. One of my pet beefs with Microsoft.

Luckily my Outlook Express is about as disabled as I could make it, and I use a different e-mail software for my e-mail(as well I use webmail systems also).. I never did like OE.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 06:02:54 pm »
Luckily my Outlook Express is about as disabled as I could make it, and I use a different e-mail software for my e-mail(as well I use webmail systems also).. I never did like OE.

The fact that you can't uninstall it (or IE or Messenger or Media player etc) is among the things I don't like about the way Windows has gone.
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 09:31:35 pm »
I've gotten as close to uninstalling it as possible I think..
I have it were OE cant even be open without a error(which then causes a total failular of OE crashing back to the desktop), and many DLL files it needs are altered to the point, where unless I really need OE again, its gone from my computer.. anyone that trys to exploit OE probably will get a big error on the other end, unless I reinstall it with the files I backed up on 2 floppies just incase, which wont be happening in the foreseeable future for me :)

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 11:05:55 am »
Looks like they're still on IE 5 for the Mac.  It's not like we miss MS as a browser though.  IE crashes as often as Windows does, and when you're on a Mac you notice more :p
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 08:41:27 pm »
Looks like they're still on IE 5 for the Mac.  It's not like we miss MS as a browser though.  IE crashes as often as Windows does, and when you're on a Mac you notice more :p

Once Netscape went down so did the IE for other Operating Systems.  They used to make an IE for Unix that worked on Linux.  Of course that left the hole that Firefox is filling so ably and Microsoft is probably kicking themselves now for dropping support.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2006, 06:20:39 am »
Reasons not to upgrade to IE7.  Link to full article

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2006, 11:10:42 am »
I loved #3.

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2006, 11:33:49 am »
lol.. well #9 will apply to Vista's anti-piracy restrictions anyway LOL

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 10:30:10 pm »
Looks just like Firefox.  Is that all Microsoft knows how to do?  Rip-off other people's ideas?

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 09:54:12 am »
Looks just like Firefox.  Is that all Microsoft knows how to do?  Rip-off other people's ideas?

I've repeatedly asked people who support Microsoft and claim that Microsoft innovates to name an innovation.  They never have responded with a valid innovation by Microsoft.  It is always something they copied or bought.

I have found two myself that I believe they did innovate - Clippy (descended from MS Bob) and software activation.  When I have had to work with MS Office I've always turned off Clippy as it is an annoyance to me not an aid.  I refuse to use software requiring activation.  So neither innovation helps me personally as a consumer.

Anyone else know of any other Microsoft innovation?  Or evidence that these two were copied/bought from the actual innovators?

About the only reason to install Vista
What Vista does for you.

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 10:51:31 am »
I seem to recall one thing that Firefox ripped from IE7 was session resuming or something. it is where you have tabs open and you can set it to return to those pages when you open up the browser again or after an update has been installed and it needs to restart.

Then again, I might be thinking about something else.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 11:49:12 am »
I seem to recall one thing that Firefox ripped from IE7 was session resuming or something. it is where you have tabs open and you can set it to return to those pages when you open up the browser again or after an update has been installed and it needs to restart.

Then again, I might be thinking about something else.

I just did a little looking and it appears to predate both.  Nearly 3 years ago an extension for Firefox.  Over 5 years ago in an extension to Mozilla.  There may be others that are even older.

Link 1

#1  johnleemk  Monday, 29th March 2004

All further discussion about SessionSaver 0.2d should be held on:

SessionSaver being a Firefox add on made by a 3rd party which Mozilla has since integrated the function of.

Link 2

Posted: Jan Thu 22nd 2004 7:29pm     
So yea- SessionSaver is awesome... except it doesn't handle multiple-windows quite right. And it doesn't support Mozilla. And it doesn't restore scroll-states. And doesn't crash-recover. Or, at least it couldn't...

Total Recall for Mozilla is even older.

Link 3

The Recall project is a crash recovery feature for Mozilla, restoring browser windows and tabs persisted from your pre crash session. This project should resolve bug #36810 Autosave URIs of open windows.

Link 4

(Quote below is the date on one of the Total Recall pages.)

Page Updated: April 06, 2001

The thing that is amazing is that neither browser integrated it for so long after an add on demonstrated the ability in Mozilla then Firefox.

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2006, 12:39:14 pm »
I'm not amazed. The only thing MS updated on IE6 was security patches and if there was a add-on for Mozilla and Firefox then there was really no reason to. I personally prefer a minimalist installation of a browser. If there are add-ons for extra functionality I'll add them myself. Much better than being forced to install stuff I don't need.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2006, 03:57:30 pm »
I think I will keep my IE6 for certian things that it is best for and use FF for others.I know that VB jelsoft boards come in better with IE and phpBB boards come in better with FF.SMF it is either or iether one it depends on what forum you go to the Modelling Forum is better for FF with all those images.

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 04:31:26 am »
I installed it on Sunday mostly out of curiosity. At first glance it has a lot of classic MS change for changes sake and not for better functionality. Everything is in a different place, the familiar drop down menus are gone, it took me several minutes just to find the bookmarks. The tabbed browsing while a good idea was not even copied well, to close a tab it has to be the active tab, FF2 allows you to close any tab. I could load up a Linux distribution and have an easier time getting around and the last time I dabbled with that was Red Hat 7. FF2 on the other hand was familiar and usable with only the new things to figure out.
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline The Bar-Abbas Anomaly

• Alpha Dog
  • Commander
  • I may be synthetic, but I'm not stupid...
    • Alpha Dog Technical Services LLC
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 08:30:15 pm »
I've repeatedly asked people who support Microsoft and claim that Microsoft innovates to name an innovation.  They never have responded with a valid innovation by Microsoft.  It is always something they copied or bought.

I have found two myself that I believe they did innovate - Clippy (descended from MS Bob) and software activation.  When I have had to work with MS Office I've always turned off Clippy as it is an annoyance to me not an aid.  I refuse to use software requiring activation.  So neither innovation helps me personally as a consumer.

Anyone else know of any other Microsoft innovation?  Or evidence that these two were copied/bought from the actual innovators?

About the only reason to install Vista
What Vista does for you.

Umm... Who cares about innovation?  I mean, really.  IE (6sp2, at least) works and works fine.  Who cares who came up with it first?

Maybe it's all about refinement rather than innovation... Hey, did'ya ever think of that?  I have used IE since Netscape 5+ sucked so bad that I couldn't stand it any more and went back to M$.  Now, mind you, I _DO_ use a pop-up blocker/flash/all-other-crap-unless-I-want-it blocker (PopUpCop) to keep IE in check and some people would argue that I shouldn't have to do that to whom I would tip my hat, but hey... it works, and it works well.  I even think my shift-click/alt-tab/taskbar works well enough for tabbed browsing!

I'm in no rush to get to IE7, but after all it's issues are ironed out I'm may wander into the party...

Alpha Dog is in the HOUSE!!!  (But he needs to go out...)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 08:40:47 pm »
Umm... Who cares about innovation?  I mean, really.  IE (6sp2, at least) works and works fine.  Who cares who came up with it first?

Maybe it's all about refinement rather than innovation... Hey, did'ya ever think of that?

Who cares about innovation?  Apparently Microsoft.  All through the DOJ vs Microsoft case they went on about it all being about their freedom to innovate.  Yet I'm unaware of any significant innovations by Microsoft.  They always seem to come along behind and copy or buy the innovations.

• Alpha Dog
  • Commander
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 09:07:55 pm »

Nyah.... Again, as an enduser I'm compelled to say "So What?"

And I speak as the Bar-Abbas Advocate, here...  But really... Why would the average non-computer-savvy (and trust me, there's a LOT of 'em out dere!) care one whit?

Why?

Lemme answer my own question:  They won't, and I don't.  Microsoft has its flaws (and there's TONS of 'em!) but what they do they do well.  A gross majority of people will continue to use Micro$oft products and you and three others will continue to use Linux... Get over it.

:-\

Offline GE-Raven

• Lord God Emperor for Life of the Taldren SETI Group
  • D.Net VIP
  • Commander
  • The cause of AND solution to life's problems
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2006, 10:39:26 am »
Innovations by Microsoft:

CD-Burning integrated into Explorer or Browser (On the fly CD writing built into Windows XP)

Internet Connection Sharing as a function of the OS.  (There were proxy programs before but none of them allowed you to setup one and just add the rest via a diskette)

Direct X controls (The idea of not calling specific hardware but calling software that was designed to run the hardware)  This helped games and other 3d app stability. 

NetBios (jointly with IBM)

Universal Naming Code (\\SERVERNAME\FOLDER)  This simple protocol is still genius.

However the single most important thing Microsoft invented:

Microsoft's Business model.  Don't waste resources re-inventing wheels... buy someone else's wheel and make it something the public wants, then couple it with 3 other wheels, and some flashy stuff... then sell it... a lot of it!  Amazon didn't invent internet selling, and E-bay didn't invent the Internet auction house.... what they did was follow Bill's example and made a their product better and more desirable than all the rest (and told you so...) and let the rest of the competition fall by the wayside.

GE-Raven

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2006, 07:39:21 pm »
Innovations by Microsoft:

CD-Burning integrated into Explorer or Browser (On the fly CD writing built into Windows XP)

Internet Connection Sharing as a function of the OS.  (There were proxy programs before but none of them allowed you to setup one and just add the rest via a diskette)

Direct X controls (The idea of not calling specific hardware but calling software that was designed to run the hardware)  This helped games and other 3d app stability. 

NetBios (jointly with IBM)

Universal Naming Code (\\SERVERNAME\FOLDER)  This simple protocol is still genius.

Thanks for the list.  I'll have to look into them when I have time. 

However the single most important thing Microsoft invented:

Microsoft's Business model.  Don't waste resources re-inventing wheels... buy someone else's wheel and make it something the public wants, then couple it with 3 other wheels, and some flashy stuff... then sell it... a lot of it!  Amazon didn't invent internet selling, and E-bay didn't invent the Internet auction house.... what they did was follow Bill's example and made a their product better and more desirable than all the rest (and told you so...) and let the rest of the competition fall by the wayside.

GE-Raven

Don't forget the part about ignoring inconvenient laws and plan on paying fines without actually changing your behaviour when convicted.

The biggest part of Microsofts success came by the contracts specifying that they got paid for each "PC" sold whether or not the customer actually wanted or was planning to use DOS/Windows.  Made it next to impossible to compete against DOS/Windows.  At the time it seemed innocent enough as there was initially only one OS for PCs.  Once competition arrived the game was already owned by Microsoft and no one else was allowed to play.

Then product bundling to exclude other office software the same way.   Rules that forbade OEMs from loading software that Microsoft competed with in place of Microsoft software (specifically Netscape instead of IE).  Followed by integrating software to evade the law when bundling was ruled illegal in certain cases.

I don't think that Microsoft in its current form will make the transition successfully to a replacement market rather than a dramatically growing market.  They already are showing signs of strain.

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2006, 10:26:31 pm »
I have a sort of different take on MS than most people.

I believe that MS was very instrumental to the extremely rapid advancement of PC hardware technology. How you ask seeing as they are a software company? very easy. As Nem has said, and he is right, MS put themselves, whether intentionally or not, in a monopoly situation as far as OS. This helped myriads of hardware companies because they only had one OS to try and make stuff work with. Imagine how much additional effort these companies would have had to go through if they had 10 different OSs that they had to make their stuff compatible with? How many of them would have gone to that effort? Not many. They would have stuck to one or two and ignored the rest. This would have led to a very fractured industry and not many companies would have made it very long. But with all these companies working with one basic standard, not a very good one at times, they were able to innovate knowing that they products would work with other companies products since they are all geared to the same thing, make it work with Windows.

An example of what I'm talking about is shown in the Linux world. While all the versions use the same basic kernal, not all of them do things in the same way. This makes creating drivers much more work as they not only have to make them for the different kernal releases, they have to make them work with multiple flavours of Linux. I believe that for Linux to really come out as an alternative to Windows, they need to decide on some basic standards that will address the problems that hardware makers, and third party software makers have in this area. Once this happens and peolpe can make one set of drivers for every linux version out there and they can write one program, like games, that can be installed on all the versions, then you will really see Linux come on as an alternative.

and before Nem can point this out, I do seem to recall reading how this process, the creation of standards in Linux distros, is starting to happen. And I for one hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2006, 11:51:45 am »
I think IE 7 sucks! Is there any way of removing it and getting the old one back?

Thanks,

JM

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2006, 01:55:40 pm »
Reformat the hard drive and reinstall without  IE7. If you are running XP you could go back to a restore point from before you installed it. Microsoft has always had this "why would you want to uninstall" attitude. This can be a royal pain when either you hate the new version or some other software you use is broken by the change. Another thing which I do is use Firefox for all but Windows Update and any sites that just won't work without IE and otherwise ignore it.

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2006, 09:37:10 pm »
I'm flucked! thanks B.W. though.

Still waiting for Obisoft to come out with SH4 or that air power game, hehehehe.

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2006, 11:28:07 pm »
wow, cool green arrows for refresh, I'm so impressed, NOT!  >:(

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2006, 03:59:37 pm »

Still waiting for Obisoft to come out with SH4 or that air power game, hehehehe.

I am also as I have gotten sloppy and not made restore points when installing things. My biggest issue with IE7 which is also a preview of what Vista will be like is they seem to have gone out of their way to move things around or to hide them.

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2006, 05:15:32 am »
Reformat the hard drive and reinstall without IE7. If you are running XP you could go back to a restore point from before you installed it. Microsoft has always had this "why would you want to uninstall" attitude. This can be a royal pain when either you hate the new version or some other software you use is broken by the change. Another thing which I do is use Firefox for all but Windows Update and any sites that just won't work without IE and otherwise ignore it.
I've just hidden the IE 7 critical update from Windows update so I'm atleast not bugged everytime I log on to the computer

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2006, 02:23:30 pm »
"I've just hidden the IE 7 critical update from Windows update so I'm atleast not bugged everytime I log on to the computer"

That will help insure that you don't get it by accident.

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2006, 09:38:27 pm »

Using IE7 right now.

Like it.

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2006, 01:04:02 am »
everytime i  use ie7 i get an error and it  closes  guess ill  just go back to the old one and use  fire fox.

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 03:43:09 pm »

Using IE7 right now.

Like it.
I might download it again since it does save memory if you have lots of windows open, but I'll probably wait for at least  a month or so to make sure it wasnt the cause of Windows crashing on me.

• Alpha Dog
  • Commander
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 07:22:28 pm »
everytime i  use ie7 i get an error and it  closes  guess ill  just go back to the old one and use  fire fox.

I can only assume that you have something else infesting your system and need to deal with that apart from whether or not you are using IE7...

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2006, 04:00:01 pm »
everytime i use ie7 i get an error and it closes guess ill just go back to the old one and use fire fox.
What type of error do you get?

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2006, 07:50:21 pm »

I too am waiting. Jack have you tried the GW 1.1a supermod. Soon GWX will come out. And I am a Beta tester. ;D

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!