Topic: Misplaced SFC3 Key  (Read 5938 times)

Offline Plumb

• Ensign
Misplaced SFC3 Key
« on: December 21, 2006, 01:21:53 pm »
Hi, i have a typical problem. I lent my SFC3 game to a friend, but when i had the game returned, he had lost the game manual, which had the CD Key printed on the back. Seeing as i had previously installed the game on my machine, is there an entry in the registry where it can be found? I had a brief look, but couldnt see anything. If it has been deleted from the registry, could i please borrow/use someone's key? i only want to play SP, seeing as the internet where i live is terrible. I would prefer finding the key on the registry, but i would do anything apart from pay $80 on ebay for a new game to play it again.

thx,
     Plumb.

Offline GermzSlap

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Misplaced SFC3 Key
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 02:09:03 pm »
So you would do anything for that cd key?  Just kidding   ;)

But seriously, i dont think anyone will let you borrow their cd key. The reason why not is desribed in this post here:

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163355154.0.html

In that case a guy had the same problem you are having, but Pestalence was able to help him out somehow. I honestly dont know if you should contact him or not. But what i think you should do is review other posts in the Cd key forum and see how others who had sfc3 key issue resolved this. I know that folks that run this site do help people with sfc 2 and op cd key issues, but i'm just not sure about sfc3 thats why its best to review the forum

And one other thing, i'm not sure why your cd key is printed on the manual, mine is on the cd.

Offline Plumb

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 03:37:47 pm »
Is there any way of getting the key from the registry on my computer?

Offline GermzSlap

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 03:42:27 pm »
I'm not sure if that can be done. So i cant give a definate yes or no. Perhaps someone else may be able to answer that for you.

Offline S31-Riptide

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Chaotic Network & SFC3.net
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 04:08:37 pm »
yes it can be done... just go into your registry and search for sfc3 and/or activision... you'll find it in there.