Topic: Some crude ART for Endeavour  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Governor Ronjar

• Lt.
  • 'None Farther...'
Some crude ART for Endeavour
« on: February 28, 2007, 10:35:20 pm »
You have all seen the bridge module design Endeavour was built with. First is the modified version after my Stardate of 9706.

Next is the Engine Room I mutilated a few years back before I had a PC. I copied a page from 'Mr. Scott's guide to the Enterprise' and then white-outed and modified certain goodies. I've since cleaned it a bit with Paint, though it still looks kinda crappy...

Thrid is the ship's dedication plaque. It is a gift to me from a friend here on Dyna, Mr. Scottish Andy. And I think you much, Andy!

Lastly is the cut away of the Endeavour herself. I put some work in on that one while watching this sunday's Nascar race. I had all my Excelsior-Class models out for reference, the Star Trek Encyclopedia and a to-scale model of the 1701-A for reference and comparison. What came about is a 21-deck version of the ship (Excelsior really seems no taller than the Conny-TMP era) I'm very happy with how it came out.

Hope y'all enjoy.

--thu guv!
'It's a lot of hard work being a mean bastard...' --Captain Eric Finlander, CO USS Bedford (The Bedford Incident)

'Jaken...are you pretending to be dead?' --Lord Sesshomaru, Inuyasha.

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
Re: Some crude ART for Endeavour
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 10:55:13 pm »
Nice work.  You already know what I think of the cutaway (it's still about perfect).  The new bridge is cool...I like the lack of a door between the ready/briefing room and the rest of the bridge.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline KOTH-KieranXC, Ret.

• Spokesman, Punisher Industries
  • Lt. Commander
  • K-Fo, diehard SFCer and Taldrenite, est. 2000
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 11:21:23 pm »
Your drawing skills are much better than mine, Guv. I like your bridge and I absolutely love that cutaway. That must have been some piece of work. ;)
"One minute to space doors."

"Are you just going to walk through them?"

"Calm yourself, Doctor."

Offline Governor Ronjar

• Lt.
  • 'None Farther...'
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 12:18:10 am »
Well, a Nascar race is 3-4 hours long, so I guess that's how long it took.

I almost din't post the engine room because of its crude looks, but decided to do so anyway. I imagine a TNG warp core since that's what you see in the Ent-A engine room in ST VI and in the emergency door reflection aboard Excelsior. I also don't imaging the Endeavour's engine room as being nearly as antiseptic as the TMP example. I have her with grey and black coloring, but with darker hues. If anyone cares.

The original Endeavour bridge was just the Ent-B bridge with tactical replacing that free standing engineering console aft of the conn. Once Shiloah orders the bridge modified, then it takes on a shape more its own.

Anywho... Thank you for the replies. I'm glad my drawings are enjoyed.

--thu guv!
'It's a lot of hard work being a mean bastard...' --Captain Eric Finlander, CO USS Bedford (The Bedford Incident)

'Jaken...are you pretending to be dead?' --Lord Sesshomaru, Inuyasha.