Topic: ~beta thread~ Slave Girls of Orion VII  (Read 13100 times)

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
Re: Slave Girls of Orion VII: License to Shag! ~beta thread~
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 10:53:42 pm »
I'm not sure I understand why there are issues with the original line up. 

The whole world wonders.... ::)

Well really, since this is the Dynaverse, it is portion of the whole galaxy wondering...

This is a moot point because the sides have already been chosen. Ok, in the interests of community enlightenment, and as Hexx would say, "in order to share my pearls of infinite wisdom with you mere mortals", I'll briefly explain the guidelines by which you can select the sides.

So lets answer the burning question, "The whole world wonders", why there are problems with the original lineup. Here are the criteria for selecting sides for SGO7 as I set down for the RM's after looking at what had been suggested that I had issue with:

The Lyrans and Hydrans have to be on opposite teams to get their historical tactical matchup and esg/hellbore interaction to work. The following races also need to be on opposite sides:

Feds vs Klinks. These two will never be allied, the player base wont go for it, but I'd like to see a Fed/Klink vs rest server at some point.

Roms vs Gorn. Historical tactical matchups and balancing here.

Lyrans vs ISC: Only races with early era BC's and shouldnt be on the same team with open BC rules.

Feds/ISC/Hydrans: All three shouldnt be allied because these are the long range hitters.

1.) FLRM vs KGIH
    or
    2.) FLGM vs KRIH

However, Hexx and Krueg came up with a 3rd choice where all the long range artillery went to the Alliance, which I voted against and you guys voted for. So that's what we have. Now, is there really anymore discussion that needs to take place on this closed issue? If not, can we please move on to the rules section?

EDIT: As I had earlier stated, there may be an element of an ISC civil war plot line introduced as well as a limited deployment of a few 'harmless' LDR ships... hehe

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 05:40:35 pm »
A bump so pilots can review the rules.  ;)
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 02:06:04 pm »
So now, us casual players can now fly a BCH again. Let's all celebrate!!! :dance: :dance:

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 07:39:12 pm »
So now, us casual players can now fly a BCH again. Let's all celebrate!!! :dance: :dance:

Everyone but you. You still have to flill out and properly file a TCP report with a section One A attachment and followup amendment log. And don't forget the cover sheet.  ;)

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 09:13:19 pm »

You will, of course, still have to put in time to make enough Prestige Points to afford a BCH.... ;)
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2007, 01:31:56 am »
New Rules:

Legendary Crews.

Captains who manage 15 confirmed live players kills without dying will be awarded a Legendary Crew with these restrictions:

Kills must be made in a Command Cruiser type ship using the same account name.
    Legendary Crewed ships are upgraded according to their ship path and carry over to the X era. Contact your SC for a refit when available for assignment.
    If a Legendary ship is lost in battle, it is gone, period.
    If it is lost due to mission bugs or anomaly, contact your SC and appropriate actions may be taken.
    Kills made with live allies will be split evenly among all captains. ie; 1/3 or 1/2 of a kill.
    Legendary Crewed ships do not count as a capital or specialty ship for fleeting purposes.
    Legendary Crewed ships are NOT transferable to another player.
    Legendary Crews may not switch to another ship or race.   

Kills are counted separate for each race also. 
       ie; If DH kills 10 in an F-CC+ and 5 in and H-LB, he's still short 5 kills in his Fed account. 
    On the same token, the count will not get reset if you die as another race either. 
       ie; If Dib kills 14 in a D7C then dies while flying Rom, he's only 1 kill away from having a Legendary Klingon Crew.

Benefits of a legendary crew:
       Increased turn mode and +1 HET for the Legendary Navigator.
       2 extra Labs for the Legendary Science Officer.
       4 more APR power and +5 spares for the Legendary Engineer.
       5 extra marines for Legendary Marine officer.

Complete lists of the legendary ships can be obtained by your SC.
    Only
TWO Legendary Crewed ships may be earned by each side during the course of the campaign, not including the ones piloted by the Supreme Commanders.[/list]

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2007, 02:57:10 am »
New Rules:

Legendary Crews

Hey My Crews are always Legendary.  Well at least they fly on my ship. That has to count for something ;D

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2007, 04:35:05 pm »
New Rules:

Legendary Crews

Hey My Crews are always Legendary.  Well at least they fly on my ship. That has to count for something ;D

PVP VP's for the guys flying against you...
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2007, 04:55:49 pm »
Legendary Abs are required on my crew.  Sigh.  So I guess I need to reinstall this game on my hard drive and figure out how to do all the patching and whatnot I need to do...I found the disk last night while looking for something else and remembered talk about a new server starting up...jeez...although I won't have much time.  It seems we've been hired to work as coordinators between certain organizations and certain presidential candidates so the 15 hour + days are starting up again soon...and they'll probably last until November, 2008. 

He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 05:25:41 pm »
Legendary Abs are required on my crew.  Sigh.  So I guess I need to reinstall this game on my hard drive and figure out how to do all the patching and whatnot I need to do...I found the disk last night while looking for something else and remembered talk about a new server starting up...jeez...although I won't have much time.  It seems we've been hired to work as coordinators between certain organizations and certain presidential candidates so the 15 hour + days are starting up again soon...and they'll probably last until November, 2008. 

This thread should give you links to all you'll need for OP.
The only other thing you'll need is the mission pack and shiplist (when released) for SGO7.
http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163359567.0.html
SGO7 Mission Pack is here:
http://www3.telus.net/NuclearWessels/sfc/downloads/NWPack.exe
And the Alliance needs pilots...like...bad... ;D
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 06:36:25 pm »
But, but, Alliance means I'll have to fly on the same side as Hexx.  Wait, I remember a 2v2 Mplayer match where I somehow got to fire at my wingmate, splattering his forward shields with my phasers.  Can I do that with Hexx?  Pretty Please?

Then again, me flying anything other than Fed usually results in hilarity for anyone not on my ship...

He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 06:57:03 pm »
But, but, Alliance means I'll have to fly on the same side as Hexx.  Wait, I remember a 2v2 Mplayer match where I somehow got to fire at my wingmate, splattering his forward shields with my phasers.  Can I do that with Hexx?  Pretty Please?

Then again, me flying anything other than Fed usually results in hilarity for anyone not on my ship...

But, you'll get to fly with Kroma... ;D
And there's always those asteriod fields to nudge Hexx's ship into... :P
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2007, 07:39:22 pm »

But, you'll get to fly with Kroma... ;D
And there's always those asteriod fields to nudge Hexx's ship into... :P

But there is nothing as good as a T-bomb shower just before he was going to over run something.... :D

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2007, 07:54:51 pm »
New Rules:

Legendary Crews.

Captains who manage 15 confirmed live players kills without dying will be awarded a Legendary Crew with these restrictions:

Kills must be made in a Command Cruiser type ship using the same account name.
    Legendary Crewed ships are upgraded according to their ship path and carry over to the X era. Contact your SC for a refit when available for assignment.
    If a Legendary ship is lost in battle, it is gone, period.
    If it is lost due to mission bugs or anomaly, contact your SC and appropriate actions may be taken.
    Kills made with live allies will be split evenly among all captains. ie; 1/3 or 1/2 of a kill.
    Legendary Crewed ships do not count as a capital or specialty ship for fleeting purposes.
    Legendary Crewed ships are NOT transferable to another player.
    Legendary Crews may not switch to another ship or race.   

Kills are counted separate for each race also. 
       ie; If DH kills 10 in an F-CC+ and 5 in and H-LB, he's still short 5 kills in his Fed account. 
    On the same token, the count will not get reset if you die as another race either. 
       ie; If Dib kills 14 in a D7C then dies while flying Rom, he's only 1 kill away from having a Legendary Klingon Crew.

Benefits of a legendary crew:
       Increased turn mode and +1 HET for the Legendary Navigator.
       2 extra Labs for the Legendary Science Officer.
       4 more APR power and +5 spares for the Legendary Engineer.
       5 extra marines for Legendary Marine officer.

Complete lists of the legendary ships can be obtained by your SC.
    Only
TWO Legendary Crewed ships may be earned by each side during the course of the campaign, not including the ones piloted by the Supreme Commanders.[/list]

It should be noted that legendary crewed CX class DO count for X ship limitations and are subject to X ship fleeting rules.  ;)
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 09:12:00 pm »
It should be noted that legendary crewed CX class DO count for X ship limitations and are subject to X ship fleeting rules.  ;)

ok

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 09:18:07 pm »
SGO7 is gonna end up a CC only server.

::)

OK Diz, your turn.
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007, 10:03:36 pm »

OK Diz, your turn.

Why's that?

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007, 10:36:24 pm »

OK Diz, your turn.

Why's that?

umm, OK- my last post on the subject:

'cause the admins (or SC's) will have CC's (because they're leg crews aren't transferrable)
'cause the rest of us want a leg crew
'cause when all the leg crews are assigned- to keep them they have to be in CC's (again they aren't transferrable)
and those without a leg crew will need a cc or better to fight a cc with a leg crew (I'm sure there's suffocating heavy metal rules in the works).
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2007, 11:02:46 pm »
Ok, good points, but you do know that there are only two 'awardable' legendary crews per side during the campaign? Which ever two get there 1st. This LC stuff wasnt my idea. Krueg, DH and Hexx came up with most of it. And you can blame Krug for the rules. ;) I love throwing peeps under the bus.  ;D

There are X ship and DN CnC. The rest are fleeting rules. Read them over carefully and let me know what you think... I disagree with your assessment that the server will be a CC fest. But damn, wouldnt that be great for a change? That and open BC CnC.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2007, 02:50:06 pm »

OK Diz, your turn.

It's better than 90% of the pilots in Fast Cruisers.

This ain't going to happen, you know how rarely somebody gets 15 unaswered kills in a CC?  Most people won't bother to try because they'll be more effect in big iron or some kind of specialty ship.   This is also the server where the BCHs can be flown by all again and the BCHs are better than the CCs with the legendary crews (until X-tech hits, but I don't one will survive that long).
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .