Topic: That Mary-Jane thing...  (Read 5272 times)

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
That Mary-Jane thing...
« on: March 14, 2007, 06:18:26 pm »
Yes, yes indeed.

Subject: Mary-Jane class and variants PACK 1 LWO
Description: Dunno exactly what it is, a multi-purpose vessel? and theres more to come, once i figure out what else I can stick onto it, these are just the first 4 :> The basic cruiser, science variant, exploration variant and fast-attack variant.
LWO download: http://outalance.battleclinic.com/darkcentral/dldir/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=235

I know that I kind of showed this thing here earlier but only now I could be bothered to actually put it out for download and hopefully, the eventual conversion :P

http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
Re: That Mary-Jane thing...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 06:45:59 pm »
the connie hull attachment can be a long range vessel, the miranda one a strike cruiser, obviiously oberth is science.

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 08:18:02 pm »
these are nice looking ships dude if you can them to me in another formot other than lwo say 3ds i can do a rough port and scale for you
Na, cant convert them well. there ought to be some good lwo importer for max or something?

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 12:43:46 am »
downloaded..
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 01:56:31 am »
Quick and rough conversion to SFC2.. scaling should be okay as this was a bash.. no HP/DPs though (as I figure that they're going to just get ported to BC first and I'll wait until after that happens to do too much with HPing the SFC version).

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 02:09:47 am »
alright thanks man :)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 11:57:05 am »
alright thanks man :)

No worries Mackie.. I've done these so many times now, I have scripts set up.  ;)  That's why it took so little time.

Btw, I still had the MAX file from the last time I converted the MJ, so adding HP/DP's for this batch shouldn't take too long at all.. but when I did these last night, I only had about 15 minutes to do all of them..

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 05:20:43 pm »
Quick and rough conversion to SFC2.. scaling should be okay as this was a bash.. no HP/DPs though (as I figure that they're going to just get ported to BC first and I'll wait until after that happens to do too much with HPing the SFC version).

It may be a while due to my system(s) being in such disarray, but fyi I don't look at sfc hp's when I do them for BC, copying, even looking at how someone else has modded it takes the fun out of it, so if you're worried about me stealing your ideas...unless ofcourse you want to see what I do and steal mine which is fine by me...lol

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 05:59:05 pm »
It may be a while due to my system(s) being in such disarray, but fyi I don't look at sfc hp's when I do them for BC, copying, even looking at how someone else has modded it takes the fun out of it, so if you're worried about me stealing your ideas...unless ofcourse you want to see what I do and steal mine which is fine by me...lol

Not worried about "stealing ideas".. it more about wasted effort, and if I do work on something, that the work be created.  When I initially converted Mackie's ships way back when.. I corrected registries, did up custom textures, added a lot of work which was then ported over without so much as a "by your leave" and no credit was given for the work.  So now, I'll wait until it's ported to BC, and then release a texture update or what have you for SFC with the extra work.

Been burned that way too many times ("Armada", "Chesterfield", "Aboussafy", "Evenmore", and more).  I don't *mind* if the texture work is ported at all, but if it is, then I'd like a credit for textures on the conversion and a screenshot of the ported work flying in BC for my collection of wallpapers.  That's really it.. not very much to ask, and that's all I ever asked.

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 07:32:28 pm »
Ahh, well, you know pix are almost always posted on bcfiles, if you want some you'll need to get them from there, because I don't have any. This thing just takes too long to load anything.

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 07:34:58 pm »

Not worried about "stealing ideas".. it more about wasted effort, and if I do work on something, that the work be created.  When I initially converted Mackie's ships way back when.. I corrected registries, did up custom textures, added a lot of work which was then ported over without so much as a "by your leave" and no credit was given for the work.  So now, I'll wait until it's ported to BC, and then release a texture update or what have you for SFC with the extra work.

Been burned that way too many times ("Armada", "Chesterfield", "Aboussafy", "Evenmore", and more).  I don't *mind* if the texture work is ported at all, but if it is, then I'd like a credit for textures on the conversion and a screenshot of the ported work flying in BC for my collection of wallpapers.  That's really it.. not very much to ask, and that's all I ever asked.

Er, im really sorry for being ignorant but what kind of texture update thing do you think it needs? I know you changed the names on the excelsior pack ships but other than that I just remember you modding (converting, creating hps, creating breakmodels) my ships and not so much really touching the textures or whatnot? Are my bashes really always so crap that they need fixing every time? :(
I didnt realise... damn.

-Dont get me wrong man, im really grateful that you have but its kind of depressing to find out just now that they were so crap...

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 10:25:09 pm »
Er, im really sorry for being ignorant but what kind of texture update thing do you think it needs? I know you changed the names on the excelsior pack ships but other than that I just remember you modding (converting, creating hps, creating breakmodels) my ships and not so much really touching the textures or whatnot? Are my bashes really always so crap that they need fixing every time? :(
I didnt realise... damn.

Mackie, whenever I touch textures, for the most part it'll be changing registries (like changing the ones from NCC-1701 on the FCA?.bmps to something else or similar on the FGAL?.bmps), or else adding a texture that you may have forgotten (added back a couple of illumination textures and one main texture once).  Or in some cases, adding p81 style textures (for those that like those over GAFY style), or HP/DPing the ship or adding colored illuminations for the SFC players.

-Dont get me wrong man, im really grateful that you have but its kind of depressing to find out just now that they were so crap...

If your work was crap, I'd never have done more than one or two.. and I've done.. what, 20-30 now?  I admire your bashes as much as I enjoy Atolm's sketches.  :D

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 10:29:41 pm »
I didnt realise... damn.

Mackie, whenever I touch textures, for the most part it'll be changing registries (like changing the ones from NCC-1701 on the FCA?.bmps to something else or similar on the FGAL?.bmps), or else adding a texture that you may have forgotten (added back a couple of illumination textures and one main texture once).  Or in some cases, adding p81 style textures (for those that like those over GAFY style), or HP/DPing the ship or adding colored illuminations for the SFC players.

If your work was crap, I'd never have done more than one or two.. and I've done.. what, 20-30 now?  I admire your bashes as much as I enjoy Atolm's sketches.  :D

Ahh so. I knew I misunderstood something. Please do proceed, just as you have this far  ;D

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 10:42:20 pm »
Ahh so. I knew I misunderstood something. Please do proceed, just as you have this far  ;D

I was going to modify my original message after I fed the dog, but I'll expand and add the modifications here.

There are a lot of people in this community that inspired me to do and release stuff for SFC.

Hollis J Wood - the first person of profile to give me a break and let me try and texture one of his ships.
Lord Vader - One of the first meshers I just sat and yakked with (and got tips from) and someone I picked up texturing tips from.
Wicked Zombie - one of those Modelling Gods From Up High that I aspired to be Like some day
p81 - The other God.. I think WZ45 and p81 were like Zeus and Jupiter, mostly compatible pantheons of worshippers.  ;)
Darkdrone - the person that got me started converting meshes
Pataflafla - texturing cohort that helped me hone my skills.
Sandman - meshing cohort that helped me hone my skills.
Lord Schtupp - the first person who really didn't give a crap what I did to his ships because he liked what I did.

and you, the person that first inspired me to try my hand at kitbashing, and without whom the Alseides, Athabasca, New Orleans, Freedom, and several other ships in G@W and elsewhere would never have existed.

I owe a lot to this community, because it helped me develop my present skills.  And that includes you.  So, believe it or not, you inspire people with your work, and that's why I will happily convert over what I can when I can.  Because without your ships, I would never have started my own kitbashing.  :D

So suck it up Mackie, you're a Role Model.  ;)

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 11:05:42 pm »
Damn.

Thanks, I quess.  ;D

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2007, 08:55:28 am »
Unf unf unf unf

The un-armed civilian version. will include that into the next pack :P

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2007, 11:56:54 am »
I wish i knew how to do some of this stuff, i'd love to be able to put your ships mackie into Galactic civilisations 2....
I worked out hoe to do spec and bump mapping for that game, all of your ships would look outstanding.
God said to the Welsh: 'I am going to give you this glorious land of lakes and mountains.' So where's the catch, asked the Welsh? 'Wait until you see the neighbours,' replied God.

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 12:25:58 pm »
After that moving history...

Mackie gets (+1) Karma for being an inspiring Role Model  ;D

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 05:06:41 pm »
I gots some more thoughts:
Have you though of using thinner struts for those oberth nacelles? How about mounting them on verticle struts off the top deck, or adding an oberth saucer with the miranda or connie observation deck atatched to the bottom?

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 11:22:20 am »
I gots some more thoughts:
Have you though of using thinner struts for those oberth nacelles? How about mounting them on verticle struts off the top deck, or adding an oberth saucer with the miranda or connie observation deck atatched to the bottom?

huhthewhatnow? mounting them vertically? yeah that doesnt too bad :>
and i've tried every damn possible way to make an oberth saucer fit somewhere there in a bazillion different manner, it just doesnt work out. it doesnt.