Topic: Solar paint  (Read 882 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Solar paint
« on: April 06, 2007, 01:22:25 pm »
Link to full article

New solar cells developed by Massey University don't need direct sunlight to operate and use a patented range of dyes that can be impregnated in roofs, window glass and eventually even clothing to produce power.

This means teenagers could one day be wearing jackets that will recharge their equivalents of cellphones, iPods and other battery- driven devices.

The breakthrough is a development of the university's Nanomaterials Research Centre and has attracted world-wide interest already - particularly from Australia and Japan.

Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Solar paint
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 02:12:51 pm »
heck, paint a car in it and you won't need a battery
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Re: Solar paint
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 02:21:01 pm »
Paint your house and fence and if its durable enough to drive on your driveway.   I wonder how it works to give colour to your shingles?
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."