Topic: SFC2 key issues  (Read 7439 times)

Offline Razor

• Ensign
SFC2 key issues
« on: April 08, 2007, 11:11:51 pm »
Same old story, basically...

Bought the game, don't have a valid key.

I have a 16-digit key that doesn't work, no matter what trick I try.

I contacted the seller from ebay, but all he can do is tell me to send the game bacck; considering this key issue seems to be a widespread issue, I figure I'd be better off trying to figure it out without returning the game since the next one could have the same problem.

Can anyone here help me?

Offline Razor

• Ensign
Re: SFC2 key issues
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 07:59:27 pm »
Anybody?

Offline Razor

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 11:57:12 pm »
Somebody has got to be here who can help me...

I checked around the forum before I joined, and afterwards PMed Bonk about out. That was quite some time ago, obviously he is not going to respond---someone else must be able to help me get a new key!

I would REALLY rather not have to resort to an illegal key or cracked version to play this game after putting down 20 bucks on it.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 12:12:32 am »
Bonk is out, way out, somewhere in Canada's backwater I believe.

I don't know exactly who is repsonsible for the CD Keys, but check with Frey.  He is the site admin.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Razor

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 12:00:21 am »
Thanks, appreciate the help.

I'll contact Frey. Thanks again.

Offline FPF-Thrain

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 10:40:06 pm »
actually I googled "cd key" and found an operating cd key for OP that way. I know there were several of them for EAW at the site I went to.

'Hail Gurthang! No lord or loyalty dost thou know, save the hand that wieldeth thee. From no blood wilt thou shrink. Wilt thou therefore take Túrin Turambar, wilt thou slay me swiftly?'
And from the blade rang a cold voice in answer: 'Yea, I will drink thy blood gladly, that so I may forget the blood of Beleg my master, and the blood of Brandir slain unjustly. I will slay thee swiftly.'

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 12:54:41 am »
That may be well and good, but I wouldn't rely on those Keys to play on the Dynaverse.  At best it wouldn't let you on, at worst, it might actually prevent someone else from getting on.  There is a reason why sites like that are frowned upon by legitimate gaming communities, even if you for the moment suspend whatever feelings you may have on Piracy.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline FPF-Thrain

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 05:31:54 am »
Actually I hadn't considered the piracy angle. I had assumed that there wasn't a source for a cd key with the demise of Interplay and the fact that Taldren is no onger involved with things starfleet. That might explain why I was unable to log into the dyna for about the last two months before I gave up trying.

'Hail Gurthang! No lord or loyalty dost thou know, save the hand that wieldeth thee. From no blood wilt thou shrink. Wilt thou therefore take Túrin Turambar, wilt thou slay me swiftly?'
And from the blade rang a cold voice in answer: 'Yea, I will drink thy blood gladly, that so I may forget the blood of Beleg my master, and the blood of Brandir slain unjustly. I will slay thee swiftly.'