Topic: The spare PC parts Dyna help a member thread.  (Read 39215 times)

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
Re: The spare PC parts Dyna help a member thread.
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2011, 09:49:44 pm »
I've got a Gateway 19in CRT monitor collecting dust.  Needs signal and power cords.

Free + shipping.
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
  • Jusssst short of a 1000 Taldren posts, damn!!
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2012, 08:19:57 pm »
Have a Canon MX870 multi-function that no longer prints correctly but all other functions (scan/copy/fax) work. Got poster board jammed into it that had to be pulled out and appears to have upset the printer head. When it prints a full page there is two to three spaced horizontal lines that are askew (text will look italic). Have run through all the available software & hardware resets but no luck. Will soon be collecting dust or free-cycled. Any takers?
G.R.I.P. - Great Rid of Incumbent Politicians

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2013, 09:29:36 pm »
I was reading this old stuff and was thinking of updating the info of all the offer that are made.

For me all that I did offer is no longer available.

But I have something new: 2 ram for a dell laptop, 2 x 512 I think, well it was a total of 1 gig of ram.

I have 2 big 15 inch monitor, a black and a beige I think. there in storage since pff 2005 or 2006 not sure. they where in working order when I put them there. They are collecting dust, so Its useless for me.

I can check if they are working, I can bring my laptop and connect them to it.

Offline KBF-WillWeasel

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • beware the crap
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2014, 04:26:24 pm »
That dell laptop ram is of interest to me. I have an old Dell floating around and my daughter is getting of age to need access to a computer. Unfortunately this thing is almost 10 years old with a pitiful amount of ram so I would be thankful if you could help breath some new life into it.

On on related note if anyone is interested I may have some old socket A motherboards floating about. They have been sitting for years and I don't think I even have a proc to test em with to see if they still work. At the time I stored em they did work.
Somewhere north of the Azores.
KBF always

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2014, 06:10:49 pm »
The ram is pc2 100s

256MB DDR PC2 CL2.5 from Samsung

So I give them away, just give me the address and I will ship them in a bubble envelope.   

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2015, 07:01:51 pm »
new update

I have a power supply 250 watt

FSP Group inc.

it got 4 sata connection and 1 ide

it was part of my com, but since I upgrade it I don't need it.

you just have to pay for the shipping and its yours.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2015, 11:13:02 am »
Hey Don, on the PSU, you know you could always use it to power more drives, etc, even if not hooked to the MB. Just jump I believe it is the green pin 3 with any black, and boom, always on.

I do this with a spare 650 PSU  I have, as a few of us here (Nemesis) and I use a lot of HD space. I mean your offer is great, and if some one can use it, by all means, I just didn't want to see it go to waist if there is no bite there for ya.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2015, 12:14:54 pm »
Well I wont trow it away since its in working order.

I just needed more power for the com, with two HD and a DVD burner this com was kinda slow to react, a bit like it was sleeping between task. I don't mean the com was on power saving and like, I mean it like it was taking a nap.

Now I have 4 gig of ram, a 1 gig video card with a 450 Watt power supply.

I will later put a bigger HD in it until I have the money to kinda build another one.

I have a friend who got a motherboard with CPU and GPU to sell, just need a power supply, ram a tower, a monitor and another video card.

Will check for one that is 1080 so I can see the difference between the 720p and 1080p. this monitor is a 17 inch, so it show all in 720p

But before that I need to repay my credit card  ;D

Unless the old laptop die before then I will be ok with this one.

It can run Diablo 3 and StarCraft 2

My video card is an Nvidia Geforge 210 1024 MD.

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2015, 03:05:37 pm »
I've got a Gateway 19in CRT monitor collecting dust.  Needs signal and power cords.

Free + shipping.

There is a use for CRT's!  They do not freeze, like LCD's, so you can leave them to on computers in unheated cabins and such, and they're too heavy to bother stealing.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2015, 03:21:44 pm »
Hey Don, on the PSU, you know you could always use it to power more drives, etc, even if not hooked to the MB. Just jump I believe it is the green pin 3 with any black, and boom, always on.

I do this with a spare 650 PSU  I have, as a few of us here (Nemesis) and I use a lot of HD space. I mean your offer is great, and if some one can use it, by all means, I just didn't want to see it go to waist if there is no bite there for ya.

Stephen

I only have technically have the capacity of 4 sata HD, but since the dvd player is also a sata I only have 3 place for HD. Now I have 2, a 500GB and a 200 GB from my old computer.

I can get (i think its a refurbish) 1TB HD for 50$ can. The bigger I have see so far is a 6TB, but like 300$ Can is a lot for me :)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2015, 03:47:21 pm »
I do this with a spare 650 PSU  I have, as a few of us here (Nemesis) and I use a lot of HD space.

Stephen

I don't have a lot, I have "adequate to my needs".
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2016, 05:10:56 pm »
I have 2 x pc2700u-25330    0411
hymd264646b8j-j

512mb ddr 333mhz   cl2 5

Don't know if its working.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2016, 01:59:46 pm »
I'M looking for a 1 TB HD sata to replace those I haves. I'm sure the problem I have are the HDS and  I need to replace it with one good HD. New is expensive, refurbish I have one and not good, so maybe a second hand would be better?

Also I'm looking for a software that will scan the HD. Scan disk from Windows is not what I need, something that check for bad sector like it was done on DOS, but in windows or something similar.

Thanks

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2016, 02:25:59 pm »
Also I'm looking for a software that will scan the HD. Scan disk from Windows is not what I need, something that check for bad sector like it was done on DOS, but in windows or something similar.

You said bad sectors?  :)

http://www.hdtune.com/files/hdtune_255.exe
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2016, 02:30:46 pm »
Thanks, I will try it and see the result.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2016, 08:54:37 am »
Scan done and all is fine. No damage cluster.

Beside the temp that was near 60°C both HD are fine. So not sure what,s happening, if its normal or not?

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2016, 10:43:20 am »
Scan done and all is fine. No damage cluster.

Beside the temp that was near 60°C both HD are fine. So not sure what,s happening, if its normal or not?

Overheat?
Aren´t HDs meant to be used in a temperature between 25ºc and 40ºc?
They can get damaged at temperatures over 50ºc... had 1 or 2 bad experiences...
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2016, 11:15:26 am »
When I perform the scan, the temp was that high. Now is 43°C and 41°C.

If its a spyware/malware it seem to escape the scan of Malwaresbytes or that I don't make it do a full deep scan ?

The HDS do like a stop and start, at any time that I use it or not.

What I would need is someone who will sit in front of it and use it to listen to the sound it make.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2016, 01:11:41 pm »
chkdsk.exe is that old DOS program that scans everything.  And it's still there, even on Windows 10.

Launch a command Prompt in Administrator mode.  Go to your C:\Windows\System32 folder and type chkdsk.exe

I just ran it myself on Windows 10 for the first time since upgrading to Windows 10, and it doesn't even ask you to restart your system to run the check, as it can apparently do it while the system is running now.  (It didn't used to do that in Windows 7, you had to restart and it would run the check upon boot.)
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2016, 04:04:12 pm »
I believe that FreeDOS has chkdsk and maybe scandisk too.  FreeDOS can be booted from CD.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."