Topic: Khalee Says he's done for awhile modeling...  (Read 2328 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Khalee Says he's done for awhile modeling...
« on: May 02, 2007, 11:26:41 pm »
But it's not because he doesn't want to.

A friend sent him an old PC ,adn we got it up and running for the most part, however , his two HD's where racked with a boot sector virus. One is totally fried, the other, well who knows.

However, the virus spread to my PC also, and I just now got things back up somewhat. we are still going to help him get back up and online, but HE wanted you all to know, It's gonna be a little bit.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
Re: Khalee Says he's done for awhile modeling...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 12:53:46 pm »
Why aren't people more careful (the guy who sent the PC, for example... and lots of ordinary folks, for another) with the Internet?  It's about as safe as crossing a busy multilane big city street: you can probably do it safely forever, but not if you're not looking or aware.

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 03:42:43 pm »
And all the time it pops up and clamors for you to turn it on... fat chance.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 07:10:28 pm »
Well, I wasn't so much upset with Khalee when my system crashed due to trying to fix his, It was more just frustrating. Getting rid of it, while trying to keep the data made me more angry then anything.

Besides, He's under alot of stress, he probably hasn't been thinking about simple things like oh , I don't know, Keeping your PC safe, for quite awhile.

I know before he moved in, he had his first direct connection through cox cable, No Router, so I'm sure that's where it happened. When he came out here, he lost his MB, so he didn't know about the HD's.

I bought a few tools online today though, and after I get them downloaded, I hope to be able to at least save his D: drive, where he has his models.

Nah, I wasn't upset with him, more that I had to get off my fat ass, and solve a PC problem.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 05:09:54 am »
a good antivirus up to date will also help, i don't have a firewall and the one from windows xp don't seem to work, so beside a few virus that seem to be in windows there nothing to report here.  :police:

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 09:24:47 am »
a good antivirus up to date will also help, i don't have a firewall and the one from windows xp don't seem to work, so beside a few virus that seem to be in windows there nothing to report here.  :police:

I here ya, I think he had antiVirus on, That Trend proggy, I think.

His problem was although he was using Zone alarm, someone still got into his PC, I think they where wanting a zombie PC. Anyway, He got the boot sector virus from that, at least from what I've been able to recover.

Stephen

Offline Khalee1

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 05:14:09 pm »
Well I'm back kinda  Still no modeling with this computer, it's a old 433 machine, So it's mainly gonna be for surfing.

But I allready got a system in mind, just got to buy it a piece at a time.