Topic: 3 animal or plant species go extinct every hour  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Electric Eye

• Lt. Junior Grade
3 animal or plant species go extinct every hour
« on: May 23, 2007, 06:26:17 am »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070522/ts_nm/climate_extinctions_dc

I do not think God is gonna be happy, payback is a beetch.  ;)

I can see the directions we are heading in our own country on this matter though. I lived in Marietta, GA back in 79-80 near Kennesaw mountain. Back then it was a small southern town and had woods galore. Lake Altoona was clean and you rarely saw powerboats beyond the bass fishing boat size. I talked to a friend who still lives in GA the other day and we were talking about old times and she told me that Marietta may as well be called part of Atlanta, GA now, and all around Kennesaw mountain national battlefield park are wall to wall condos. I do not see how people can destroy our nation's beauty like that. Who wants to sit on a beautiful pine covered mountain and see condos and shopping centers everywhere? Of course people have to bring their Scarabs and jetskis to the lakes too. Nevermind the fact that powerboats and especially jetskis are notorious for their pollution abilities.

It's no shocker about peanuts being threatened. My friend moved to central GA and has 19 acres of what used to be out in the boonies, out in peanut growing territory, now the developers are encroaching and gobbling up what farmland they can get their grubby hands on, just so they can build condos and houses that have a piss poor acreage and you can open the window and spit on your neighbors house because they are so close together.

I do not know about where ya'll live, but we have the same thing going on here around Austin. I can take care of my squirrels cause they can co-exist with humans, but the deer can't, and it kills me to see them watching their habitat get chewed up by developers and then some jackarse hits them on the roads around here and just leaves them there. That's one reason I am glad Westlake stayed independent of Austin. You hit a deer in Westlake and are reported for it, you will go to jail.  ;D