Topic: D.Net Maint and Upgrades  (Read 2233 times)

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
D.Net Maint and Upgrades
« on: May 23, 2007, 08:28:30 am »
Hello everyone,

Well, it's that time again - maintenance time! The D.Net / XC servers are long overdue for some tender-loving, and it's time we gave it to 'em!

So, over this memorial day weekend, you'll see the servers going up and down, Teamspeak, websites, IRC, all that. Never fear, we'll still be here!

Also, as announced, we're finally getting the upgrade done on Server THOR!!! Here's what your donations brought us:

Motherboard:  K8V-NEO2 : supports athlon 64 processors, DDR up to 400 MHZ FSB, and RAID 0-1 on SATA drives.
Memory : 1 GB of performance Kingston memory
Processor : Athlon 64 4000+

We'll have the disk arrays set in a mirror for fault tolerance, and then a big ole PATA drive for our game servers.

I'm also looking into a couple really good deals at my current work - we're talking dual P4 Xeons , 2.4 GHZ, and up to 8 GB of DDR... woooot ! So I'll keep you updated on that.

XenoCorp will be starting up a BF1942 server on THOR, so if you get bored and want to blow stuff up, come on over! And remember, myself, t00l, Stoneyface and most of the other XC'ers are on D.Net Teamspeak most any night, so stop on by sometime, if for nothing else than to chat and say "Waaassusp, dude ! D.Net rocks!"

We want to thank everyone for helping keep alive the longest running online campaign system on the internet!

Regards,

Frey & the D.Net Crew
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
Re: D.Net Maint and Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 02:38:53 am »
Okay, had some ... erm... un-planned, yea, that's it, activities over Memorial day weekend, so...

THOR is backed up, will be down for , let's say a week. When it comes back up, though, look for a new and more powerful server for your gaming enjoyment!

Also, we'll be performing a couple other maint-related tasks over the next 4 days, so if the servers go down for a couple min or an hour, just hang tight, we'll be back before you know it.

Regards,

Frey
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 08:21:12 am »
All server maint, save for the rebuild on THOR, has been completed.

Regards,

Frey
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline *EZKILL*

• Lt.
  • You really need to quit doing shrooms
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 11:36:55 pm »
Thanks for all you do....really!

Havn't even played SFC for over 2 years, but the fellowship of the forums keeps me coming back. Also thanks for not shutting down off topic, know it's probably more trouble than it's worth from your perspective, but I love it.
"Oh bother.", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round.