Topic: A Comprehensive List of Starship Names, Registries, And Sizes  (Read 69047 times)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
IF you're curious about a complete list of SPECIFIC Ship Class. Names there of and Registries and can't find it on this post... ASK and I'll post individual classes

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
FERENGI STARSHIPS

D'Kora Class Marauder:
Braktel FAM-288  - Commanded DaiMon Bok; towed U.S.S. Stargazer to Xendi Sabu system.
TNG "The Battle" ; DECIPHER Star Trek Roleplaying Game Starships Book

D'Kora FAM-360   - Prototype.
DECIPHER Star Trek Roleplaying Game Starships Book

Domu FAM-634   - Supplied arms to Kriosian rebels, Alliance for Global Unity, and Maquis rebels.

Kraalor FAM-725   - Missing, Gamma Quadrant, planet Agratha last known position.

Kramora FAM-936   - Qwned and operated by Arcybite Minig Consortium; DaiMon Nava, president.
DS9 "The Nagus" ; DECIPHER Star Trek Roleplaying Game Starships Book

Krayton FAM-389  - Commanded by DaiMon Tog. This vessel was present at the Trade Agreements Conference on Betazed in 2366. The Krayton was reported to have a top speed almost as great as the Enterprise-D's.
TNG "Ménage à Troi" ; Star Trek Encyclopedia II
The Registry is from the DECIPHER Star Trek Roleplaying Game Starships Book

Kreechta FAM-421 - Commanded by Bractor. The Kreechta stumbled into a Starfleet battle simulation in 2365.
TNG "Peak Performance" ; Star Trek Encyclopedia II
The Registry is from the DECIPHER Star Trek Roleplaying Game Starships Book

Mroxor FAM-645   - Caught salvaging equipment from remote Starfleet arrays along Cardassian demilitarized zone.

Qartum FAM-522  - Commanded by DaiMon Goss; participated in negotiations for the Barzan Wormhole.
TNG "The Price" ; DECIPHER Star Trek Roleplaying Game Starships Book

Togram FAM-563   - Commanded by DaiMon Gor; holds exclusive rights to Ferengear-DorvanV Trade Route.

Trullux - Modified transport commanded by Gegis, who planned to use his profit stolen Borg nanoprobes to install multiphasic shielding and a gold-pressed latinum hull.
VOY "Inside Man" ; DECIPHER Star Trek CCG

Zedavaton FAM-682   - Commanded by Liquidator Queeg.

Ferengi Small/Large Shuttle:
Barzan Explorer  - Small Custom-built scientific pod for exploration of the Barzan wornhole, lost in the Delta Quadrant.
TNG "The Price" ; DECIPHER Star Trek Roleplaying Game Starships Book

Blunt Hammer  - Large Personal shuttle commanded by Brunt during his numerous liquidations. Transported Quark's rag-tag negotiation team to Empok Nor to rescue Iska.
DS9 "The Magnificent Ferengi" ; DECIPHER Star Trek CCG
The Name is from the DECIPHER Star Trek Roleplaying Game Starships Book

Latinum Express  - Small Personal craft of Grand Nagus Zek.
DS9 "Rules of Aquisition" ; DECIPHER Star Trek Roleplaying Game Starships Book

Nilva's Jaunt  - Personal craft of Chairman Nilva.
DS9 "Profit and Lace" ; DECIPHER Star Trek Roleplaying Game Starships Book

Quark's Treasure  - Large Small starship of Ferengi design owned by Quark in 2372. The ship had been given to Quark by his cousin Gaila in payment of an old business debt. Quark's first (and only) trip aboard the Treasure was a flight to Earth, ostensibly to transport his nephew, Nog, to Starfleet Academy, but actually to smuggle a quantity of illegal kemacite to Orion. Although the ship appeared to be in good operating condition, sabotage was later suspected when the ship's command sequencer malfunctioned. As a result, the ship's warp drive accelerated out of control, eventually causing Quark and his family to crash on Earth in 1947. The ship and crew captured by the American military near Roswell, New Mexico, and later held for interrogation at Hangar 18 at Wright Field. The discovery of an extraterrestrial apcecraft caused ripples of concern through the highest levels of the American government. Quark and his crew were later able to escape, with assistance from Earth natives Faith Garland and Jeff Carlson. Rom was able to devise a means to use the kemacite to estalish an inversion wave that allowed the ship and its crew to return to the 24th century. Unfortunately, Quark's Treasure was seriously damaged in the return flight, and Quark was forced to sell it for passage back to Deep Space 9.
DS9 "Little Green Man"
Quark's Treasure was a re-use of the Ferengi shuttle model first seen in TNG "The Price".
Star Trek Encyclopedia II

Rational Profit     - "Captain" Ishka
Captured by Jem'Hadar en route to vulcan.
DS9 "The Magnificent Ferengi" ; DECIPHER Star Trek Roleplaying Game Starships Book

Ferengi B'rel Class Bird of Prey

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Anthony Scott

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Off chasing a lunatic 8 year old :D:P
Cor, that is one big honkin' list! Keep up the good work!

Semper Fi, Carry On
"No enemy can ever completely defeat you. A physical enemy can take your land, your gold, your property. But in order to be defeated uttelry only you can allow that. The human heart can only be crushed from within, not without."- The Dalai Lama

My art blog:
http://anthdigiart.blogspot.com/
My Deviant Art page:
http://anthsco.deviantart.com/
Resident forum history junkie.

"An intelligent man must sometimes get drunk to spend time with fools."
                      -Ernest Hemingway

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
Here's a list of SFB registries and names that you can DL if anyone's interested. It's not every ship's name, but the bulk of them that are "historically significant".

http://www.4shared.com/file/15122369/f93d4479/Starship_Name_Registry.html
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
dude it shows you have way too much free time on your hands but fair enough

Dude you know I started compiling this list like 3 years ago so that people wouldn't need to question what regs were in use and which werent. It just makes life a whole lot easier when it's all in one place. I also broke them down Alphabetically by Class Name and the under class name, alphabetically by Ship name if anyone is interested in a certain class I can post those as well. I do hope one of the admin STICKY this thread.  ;).

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• There is life outside of Windows..
  • Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
  • Starbase Atlantis [X-refit]
    • 9th Fleet
Re: A Comprehensive List of Starship Names and Registries
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2007, 09:40:17 pm »
deffinately Admin come and sticky please
Seems worthy enough.. done
Starfleet Headquarters out.

Fleet Commodore, XenoCorp, ISC Fleet.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: A Comprehensive List of Starship Names, Registries, And Sizes
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2007, 04:26:10 pm »
FEDERATION SHIP SIZE COMPARISON CHART

Offline Scottish Andy

• First Officer of the Good Ship Kusanagi
  • Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2007, 04:28:42 pm »
Gods, there are a whole bunch of butt-ugly ships included in that chart...

Thanks for posting it, though, MP!
Come visit me at:  www.Starbase23.net

The Senior Service rocks! Rule, Britannia!

The Doctor: "Must be a spatio-temporal hyperlink."
Mickey: "Wot's that?"
The Doctor: "No idea. Just made it up. Didn't want to say 'Magic Door'."
- Doctor Who: The Woman in the Fireplace (S02E04)

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2007, 07:13:26 am »
I think that you can get a pdf of the latest names for ship classes for the Starfleet Battles universe off of thier web site or forum.

http://www.starfleetgames.com/playerresources.shtml

Take care all

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2007, 11:13:49 pm »
Holy crap thats a BIG list.

So.. What was the name and reg number of the B'rel Kirk and Co. manned in ST3 and 4 ??

GJ M+
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2007, 02:31:44 pm »

So.. What was the name and reg number of the B'rel Kirk and Co. manned in ST3 and 4 ??

GJ M+

I.K.S B'rel (H.M.S. Bounty)
IKC-9200

Prototype; commanded by Captain Kruge to investigate the Genesis planet; later commandeered by Admiral James T. Kirk; sunk in San Fransisco Bay, Earth.
Eighteenth-century British sailing ship famous for the mutiny of its crew in 1789.
Dr. Leonard McCoy gave the name "H.M.S. Bounty" to the captured Klingon ship that he and his shipmates planned to return to Earth in after having disobeyed Starfleet orders to save Spock.
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock ; Star Trek: The Voyager Home ; Star Trek Encyclopedia II

That was easy  :D

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2007, 09:53:40 pm »

GJ M+

IKC-9200

Prototype; commanded by Captain Kruge to investigate the Genesis planet; later commandeered by Admiral James T. Kirk; sunk in San Fransisco Bay, Earth.
Eighteenth-century British sailing ship famous for the mutiny of its crew in 1789.
Dr. Leonard McCoy gave the name "H.M.S. Bounty" to the captured Klingon ship that he and his shipmates planned to return to Earth in after having disobeyed Starfleet orders to save Spock.
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock ; Star Trek: The Voyager Home ; Star Trek Encyclopedia II

Doh ! I forgot about kruge, I was thinking about that junior officer who commanded another B'rel that was 'kinda' captured in the movie where Spocks' half brother captured Ent and took it (with that B'rel following them) thru the great barrier to meet with god.

My bad.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2007, 01:39:45 am »

GJ M+

IKC-9200

Doh ! I forgot about kruge, I was thinking about that junior officer who commanded another B'rel that was 'kinda' captured in the movie where Spocks' half brother captured Ent and took it (with that B'rel following them) thru the great barrier to meet with god.

My bad.

No problem .............
The IKS Okrona (also known as IKC Chontay) was a Klingon B'rel class bird-of-prey that was operational in 2287, under the command of young Captain Klaa. Until its pursuit of the USS Enterprise-A through the Great Barrier, the highlight of its long mission was shooting at Terran space garbage.

- In the novelization of the movie, this ship is called the Okrona.
- The Star Trek Customizable Card Game gives its name as I.K.C. Chontay.

No registry # was ever given

;D

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2007, 09:31:24 am »
Er.... Worf refered to the BOP withthe faulty coilds as "an old L22" in "Generations".

The "HMS Bounty" is also an L22 scout.

The D12 is larger light cruiser type K'Vort BOP seen in "Yesterday's Enterprise".

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2007, 09:46:33 am »
The L22 B'rel's intriduction in ST TMP, datewise, conicides with the withdraw if the Klingon Navy's obstelette and inadequate K2 "Atoz" Class scout ship, which cannot cloak.

As Paramount has used one fandom ship in a DS9 episode (Jackill's Abbe Class PT destroyer), with the re-doing of special effects on re-mastered TOS episodes, will they use a K2 scout in that episode where they encounter a Klingon scout vessel. In the original TOS episode all taht is shown is a glowing unshaped blob, though this could be part of the K2's extensive ECM suite jamming system in action.

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2007, 11:16:16 am »
Er.... Worf refered to the BOP withthe faulty coilds as "an old L22" in "Generations".

The "HMS Bounty" is also an L22 scout.

The D12 is larger light cruiser type K'Vort BOP seen in "Yesterday's Enterprise".

Incorrect ....

Taken directly from the "Generations Script .....................

WORF
                            It is a Class D-twelve Bird of
                            Prey. They were retired from
                            service because of defective
                            plasma coils.

RIKER
                            Plasma coils... is there any way
                            we can use that to our advantage?

WORF
                            I do not see how. The plasma coil
                            is part of their cloaking
                            device...

AS for the BoP's ............

The Klingons applied several class designations to the different types of their Bird-of-Prey design, including the K'vort-class, B'rel-class and D12-class.

The D12-class was retired from service by the 2350s due to faulty plasma coils, which were components of the cloaking systems. (Star Trek Generations) In fact, according to Gorta, finding one of these vessels with a working cloaking device was rather unique in 2370. (TNG: "Firstborn")

The B’rel class, first developed in 2270, is the second known Bird-of-Prey operated by the Klingon Empire. By the 2360s, it was not uncommon to find a B'rel-class Bird-of-Prey stripped and relegated to a surplus yard. Ferengi DaiMon Lurin acquired two of these vessels, complete with cloaking devices, and managed to make them space worthy once again, after a few repairs and the addition of some weapons. (TNG: "Rascals")

In an alternate timeline, the K'Vort-class was referred to as a battle cruiser, and was larger than its "prime universe" counterpart. While slower than the Galaxy-class battleships of the era, in a 3:1 confrontation, a Galaxy-class would not be able to last long. (TNG: "Yesterday's Enterprise")
This class was known to be equipped with several escape pods, and saw use well into the 2370s. (DS9: "Penumbra")
The K'Vort was one of the most common and expendable vessels in Regent Worf's fleet. (DS9 episodes; CCG: Mirror, Mirror)

Appearances

TOS films: (4x)
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

TNG: (12x)
"A Matter Of Honor"
"The Defector"
"Yesterday's Enterprise" (K'vort-class)
"Sins of the Father"
"Reunion"
"The Mind's Eye"
"Redemption"
"Redemption II"
"Unification I"
"Unification II"
"Rascals" (B'rel-class)
"Firstborn"

TNG films: (1x)
Star Trek Generations (D12-class)

DS9: (26x)
"Past Prologue"
"Crossover" (mirror universe)
"Blood Oath"
"The Way of the Warrior"
"Return to Grace"
"Sons of Mogh"
"Rules of Engagement"
"Shattered Mirror" (mirror universe)
"Apocalypse Rising"
"In Purgatory's Shadow"
"By Inferno's Light"
"Soldiers of the Empire"
"Call to Arms"
"A Time to Stand"
"Sons and Daughters"
"Favor the Bold"
"Sacrifice of Angels"
"You Are Cordially Invited"
"Tears of the Prophets"
"Image in the Sand"
"Once More Unto the Breach"
"Strange Bedfellows"
"The Changing Face of Evil"
"When It Rains..."
"Tacking Into the Wind"
"What You Leave Behind"

VOY: (2x)
"Unity"
"Drone" (K'vort-class; computer display)

Resource:
Memory Alpha IMHO is one of the most definitive, accurate, and accessible encyclopedia and reference for everything related to Star Trek.
http://memory-alpha.org/en/index.php/Klingon_bird-of-prey

Internet Movie Script Database
http://www.imsdb.com/Movie%20Scripts/Star%20Trek:%20Generations%20Script.html

Hope that clears it up
 ;)

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2007, 12:04:10 pm »
I stand corrected..... i found where I heard the L22 deignation...... FASA and a few other late 1980's fan stuff.

So the K'Vort, according to Memory Alpha, doesn't exist in the Prime Universe, only the alternate universe in "Yesterday's Enterprise"

The larger (giant) K'Vort is refered to as a D12 in the episode as well, but then a different development history would have happened.

Sulu refers to the BOP as a scout but in other episodes it is clearly used as a light or fast frigate, unless the hull has various role specific variants.

Crew seems to vary from 12 to a few dozen.

Having a large cargo hold also suggests possible use as a priority transport / courier / blockade runner.

Armament is still poor though, compared to a much slower full frigate like an F4 or F5 or even F6.

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2007, 10:39:12 am »
Having NOT seen most of DS9 nor any of the TNG films I conclude that the BoP designation is a generic name for a non battlecruiser.
not counting battleships or cargo ships.
I can remember at least 4 different sizes of these buggers ranging from scouts to full out destroyers tho there's mention of at least 1 BoP class thats 350M long. see attached pic... But thanks again for the info, I'll keep it in mind while I'm sporting my KF5R around the universe in SFB.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 10:52:54 am by KBF K MalaK »

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2007, 12:35:07 pm »
BOP is a generic term fo rthe hull configuration of several similar ships, the same as D'rel refers to various hulls constructed to a set design formula.

In TOS the Romulan warship is refered to as a "Warbird", as are the Romulan heavy cruisers in TNG.

The Klingons are prety conservative with starship designs, being a poor economy,  and will milk a hull type, one it has proved viable, for as many applications and roles as they can. They also have a "Waste not, wnat not" ethos with old hulls.

Would the Klingons develop a BOP based light tactical tug?? Of course they would, especially with older and obstelete versions. (Picture MP busy rattling off a BOP LTT complete with pod!! ::))

Actually, having atmospheric capabilities, a BOP commando "Dust Off" frigate would be a pretty good applictation. Hmmmm, a D12G.... ;D

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2007, 02:54:15 pm »
BOP is a generic term fo rthe hull configuration of several similar ships, the same as D'rel refers to various hulls constructed to a set design formula.

In TOS the Romulan warship is refered to as a "Warbird", as are the Romulan heavy cruisers in TNG.

The Klingons are prety conservative with starship designs, being a poor economy,  and will milk a hull type, one it has proved viable, for as many applications and roles as they can. They also have a "Waste not, wnat not" ethos with old hulls.

Would the Klingons develop a BOP based light tactical tug?? Of course they would, especially with older and obstelete versions. (Picture MP busy rattling off a BOP LTT complete with pod!! ::))

Actually, having atmospheric capabilities, a BOP commando "Dust Off" frigate would be a pretty good applictation. Hmmmm, a D12G.... ;D

Actually the B'rel class (ST III and STVI) you see it also has atmospheric capability. No need for a D-12 anything  ;)